Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-03-2023, 09:30 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
how are you able to use a controller? are you using xbox 360 gamepad?
Using PS5 controller on PC

I don't know if it works natively or not -- I have an app called DSX (I think?) that brings the PS5 controller alive on PC and can emulate XB also
Old 04-03-2023, 09:36 PM   #58
Rookie

binga30's Arena

I have the Xbox for pc gamepad with the bluetooth adapter.
Plug and Play really. Power on the controller before starting the game and voila.

The menus seem to want keyboard sometimes however, but swing an play is all on controller.
Old 04-03-2023, 09:50 PM   #59
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: EA PGA TOUR - PC Specific Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerlife
Thanks for posting. OLED here also and have same issue. No need to share how to fix. Played on my series X instead and i think its a horrible game. Done with it
The fix is simple. I wouldn't judge it by playing on a console vs PC. If it's bad on PC, it's gonna be way worse on console IMO. With that being said, I'm gonna download it now on my Series X and try it out.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 04-03-2023, 10:54 PM   #60
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
The fix is simple. I wouldn't judge it by playing on a console vs PC. If it's bad on PC, it's gonna be way worse on console IMO. With that being said, I'm gonna download it now on my Series X and try it out.
OK you sold me. Mind linking info the fix so can try on PC
Old 04-03-2023, 11:04 PM   #61
Rookie

If anyone here doesn't wanna deal with installing the mod to disable Dolby Vision, the only way around this is to connect your PC to a different TV or monitor that doesn't have Dolby Vision. Once the game boots up, change HDR from Auto to Disable and save your settings. You can then go back to playing it on your DV TV (assuming it's the LG}. I'm playing on an LG G1 myself and used this fix. You may also have to disable HDR in Windows just to get the game to load properly but once you've disabled HDR in game, having HDR on via Windows allowed the game to still load up with HDR on even though it was set to disabled in my game. Don't ask me why this happens. It just does. Good luck and I hope this helps. It's a PITA but it beats installing a 3rd party mod or going into the game folder to change settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2023, 11:19 PM   #62
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerlife
OK you sold me. Mind linking info the fix so can try on PC
https://powrusr.com/fix-the-dolby-vi...or-speed-heat/

Or you can try this first

A quick fix is to edit this file

C:\Users\....\Documents\PGA TOUR\shared_data\cache\2250885772\hardwareSettings .json with Notepad and change HDR to False. The folder name after the cache folder may be a different number so just choose the folder that is all numbers and you should see the hardwaresettings file. Make sure you don't turn HDR on in the menus afterwards or the issue will happen again.

Or what iztrumental said

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions

Last edited by fsufan4423; 04-04-2023 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-03-2023, 11:25 PM   #63
Rookie

Thanks for the heads up on the DolbyVision/HDR bit. Using a 13700K/4090, it runs 4K60 without a hitch. Looks great. I have an HDMI that I run to a LG CX and it wouldn't work on the CX at all, so hopefully the HDR fix sorts that out.

The swing style takes some getting used to, you have to anticipate the top of the meter.

Played on Hard swing/putting. On career mode, I'm -3 through 2 rounds with a good mix of bogeys, birdies and pars. I took Spieth to Augusta using tournament settings and Sunday pin positions and I was +13 through 18 with only 2 birdies. Definitely a game that can be challenging if you set it up that way.

Hilariously, if you have fans on the sideline, they won't move them out of the line of the shot if you're off the fairway. I attempted a low hook after landing in the pine straw and sent one right into the center of mass of a patron. Didn't quite work out.
Old 04-04-2023, 12:11 AM   #64
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by iztrumental
If anyone here doesn't wanna deal with installing the mod to disable Dolby Vision, the only way around this is to connect your PC to a different TV or monitor that doesn't have Dolby Vision. Once the game boots up, change HDR from Auto to Disable and save your settings. You can then go back to playing it on your DV TV (assuming it's the LG}. I'm playing on an LG G1 myself and used this fix. You may also have to disable HDR in Windows just to get the game to load properly but once you've disabled HDR in game, having HDR on via Windows allowed the game to still load up with HDR on even though it was set to disabled in my game. Don't ask me why this happens. It just does. Good luck and I hope this helps. It's a PITA but it beats installing a 3rd party mod or going into the game folder to change settings.

Thank you, this worked. Also FSUFAN thanks. I have a 6 year old OLED and these things are more trouble than they are worth sometimes. The game plays a lot better on PC and might save the game for me. 60 fps is so much smoother but still hate the follow camera and how zoomed in it is. Anyone else feel it could be better zoomed out a bit more? Also Jason Days swing seems to be the quickest to start and fastest tempo from all that ive tried.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »