Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-04-2023, 01:55 PM   #73
Rookie

starship's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilacek
Does this game not work at ultrawide resolution? I'm at 5120x1440. Can't select it.

The lack of mouse support is baffling. Navigating the menus is annoying as hell.
Same here. I can't select any higher than 2560x1440 on my native 5120x1440. Bummer.
Old 04-04-2023, 03:03 PM   #74
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I have an RTX 4090 and a pretty beefed up Falcon NW PC even if it's 4 years old. I was getting stuttering and crashed every round.

I went in and turned off the advanced hair, 3D grass and motion blur and I haven't had a crash so far and the game is very smooth. That said the game needs a serious performance tune up.

I'm actually enjoying the game as a single player experience it blows 2K out of the water in visuals, presentation and in my opinion ball physic. Having so many shot types is also nice.

Now if you hate the swing mechanic none of that will matter but I think trashing a new game because it doesn't feel like one we've been playing for 3 years is kind of nuts. If it was identical to 2K they would get trashed also.

There is a solid foundation for a hard core golf sim, but EA always tried to cater to every audience and usually disappoints them all so I don't know if it will ever get there.

All I know is I never played 4 rounds in single player career mode in 2k and in this game I am enjoying it.
Old 04-04-2023, 03:20 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I went in and turned off the advanced hair, 3D grass and motion blur and I haven't had a crash so far and the game is very smooth. That said the game needs a serious performance tune up.
What if you leave 3D Grass on?

Of those three things, the 3D grass is the one I wouldn't want to do without
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2023, 04:07 PM   #76
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by starship
Same here. I can't select any higher than 2560x1440 on my native 5120x1440. Bummer.
Well that's a shame.

Guess I'll be waiting for an update or a work around.
Old 04-04-2023, 04:15 PM   #77
Just started!

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this for PC and had a question for this group. Is there a benefit to buying this through EA (think it's Origin) vs. Steam? The EA version gives me an extra pre-order bonus and is live now. The Steam version doesn't have go live until the 6th. I'm looking at the deluxe version for both. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-04-2023, 04:57 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianLFC
Thinking of pulling the trigger on this for PC and had a question for this group. Is there a benefit to buying this through EA (think it's Origin) vs. Steam? The EA version gives me an extra pre-order bonus and is live now. The Steam version doesn't have go live until the 6th. I'm looking at the deluxe version for both. Thanks in advance.
It may be easier to get a refund via steam. Usually you can refund as long as you’re under 2 hours of gameplay. Not sure what kind of return policy if any EA has. If you wanna test drive the game, I would do one month of EA Play for $5 and play the -0 hour trial then decide if you want full game.
Old 04-04-2023, 04:59 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
What if you leave 3D Grass on?

Of those three things, the 3D grass is the one I wouldn't want to do without
Agreed. For me I prefer to disable motion blur, depth of field and even ambient occlusion. Each of these settings help with performance. I also found the difference between high and ultra to be mostly insignificant if you want to push more frames which in this game actually helps with frame latency.
Old 04-04-2023, 05:16 PM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iztrumental
Agreed. For me I prefer to disable motion blur, depth of field and even ambient occlusion. Each of these settings help with performance. I also found the difference between high and ultra to be mostly insignificant if you want to push more frames which in this game actually helps with frame latency.
I’m going to play with some of this again tonight on my PC version and the EA play trial

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »