Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-03-2023, 01:14 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA PGA TOUR - PC Specific Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SituationSoap
Being above or below the "recommended" specs and saying that you're seeing stuttering can come from any number of different sources. It could be that you don't have the recommended amount of RAM (note that it's 12GB). It could be that you're using DDR 2400 RAM and the CPU is starved. It could be that you're short the requisite number of threads (something I noted above). The 8700K is faster in terms of single-threaded speed than the Ryzen 2700K, but has 4 fewer logical threads.

It could also be something like AMD's drivers on the GPU side need an optimization patch and it'll be fine once a new driver drops.

The point is that saying that you play 4K30 on MSFS (a wildly different game) is not a useful anchoring point for determining what people should expect in terms of performance on their personal machines.

I turned everything down to bare minimum -- all graphics settings to lowest and 1080p/30fps locked -- not smooth for me

I mean -- c'mon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2023, 01:19 PM   #26
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Wanted to separate out the comments for anyone playing on the PC specifically.

For me, it's unplayable on PC.
(I play 4k/30fps on MSFS 2020 on this, for reference)

I've only been even trying PGA at 1080p.

Both turned all the way up (60fps maxed) and all the way down (30fps, all settings on bare min) and it's simply "not smooth" -- the settings don't honestly seem to impact much -- it's always the same amount of "not smooth".

The game engine feels overloaded or something

Curious to hear others performance on PC experience.

As it is now, I can't play it on PC and even attempt to flesh out my enjoyment overall.
I'm glad you started this thread. I wish I could contribute to it as PC player, but I bricked my PC when I tried to install a new CPU in it. It wasn't properly seated in the socket and when I put the clamp on it it squeezed it at an angle that caused some of the pins to get bent beyond repair in the base. That's why my presence here has been minimal... I hate typing on a cell phone key pad!

You've already confirmed one of my fears about the game from playing on the XBox version this AM. It feels like playing underwater to me. In its current state, I don't know that the swing would feel that much more alive at 60 fps than it does at 30.

I want to read your thoughts about the swing after you've had more of a chance to play it at 60 FPS with the best difficulty settings you like.
Old 04-03-2023, 01:19 PM   #27
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

is the mouse and keyboard swing a lot better than console? Do you feel more in control of the swing?
Old 04-03-2023, 01:21 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm glad you started this thread. I wish I could contribute to it as PC player, but I bricked my PC when I tried to install a new CPU in it. It wasn't properly seated in the socket and when I put the clamp on it it squeezed it at an angle that caused some of the pins to get bent beyond repair in the base. That's why my presence here has been minimal... I hate typing on a cell phone key pad!

You've already confirmed one of my fears about the game from playing on the XBox version this AM. It feels like playing underwater to me. In its current state, I don't know that the swing would feel that much more alive at 60 fps than it does at 30.

I want to read your thoughts about the swing after you've had more of a chance to play it at 60 FPS with the best difficulty settings you like.
JC -- It's so much like playing Rory, but somehow more sluggish and slow feeling.
I really doubt you're going to take to it

(love to be wrong! Want people to find enjoyment!)
Old 04-03-2023, 01:21 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerlife
is the mouse and keyboard swing a lot better than console? Do you feel more in control of the swing?
lol - "no"

The keyboard swing is the weirdest thing I've seen in a golf game
Old 04-03-2023, 01:22 PM   #30
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I have a GTX 1080 and i7-9700K with 32GB ram. Seems fairly smooth to me. Getting around 75FPS on 1440p. Everything is on HIGH except shadows at medium as shadows demand a lot.

There are some dips when ball first takes flight which is weird. But everything else is fine so far. Initally had stutter on gameplay swipes in between holes, but after a quick restart, its fine.
Old 04-03-2023, 01:26 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I have a GTX 1080 and i7-9700K with 32GB ram. Seems fairly smooth to me. Getting around 75FPS on 1440p. Everything is on HIGH except shadows at medium as shadows demand a lot.

There are some dips when ball first takes flight which is weird. But everything else is fine so far. Initally had stutter on gameplay swipes in between holes, but after a quick restart, its fine.
Could be issues with AMD drivers
Wouldn't be the first time
I'm definitely not alone on PC with some issues, as reddit and the FB group can attest to.

Been demoing on PS5 which is accomplishing all I need anyhow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2023, 01:35 PM   #32
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Could be issues with AMD drivers
Wouldn't be the first time
I'm definitely not alone on PC with some issues, as reddit and the FB group can attest to.

Been demoing on PS5 which is accomplishing all I need anyhow
I have a 2070 super and tried on PC first thing this morning. Kept getting a red screen and distorted graphics and some weird error.. All my other PC games work fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »