Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-03-2023, 01:43 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA PGA TOUR - PC Specific Thoughts

Seeing folks discovering the "keyboard swing" and their reactions to it...
...Is really entertaining.

This is from EA forum

Old 04-03-2023, 02:11 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
I turned everything down to bare minimum -- all graphics settings to lowest and 1080p/30fps locked -- not smooth for me

I mean -- c'mon
I feel like you're not reading what I'm writing. There are potential causes for stuttering on your PC that would be irrelevant to the graphical settings that you're doing. If the bottleneck is not your GPU, setting the game to 640x480 at 30 FPS wouldn't make a difference, because the problem isn't the resolution or the settings you're choosing. If the problem is that the game is expecting a 16-thread CPU and you're only giving it a 12-thread CPU, you're going to experience stuttering regardless of what other settings you change. If the problem is that the game requires 12GB of RAM to deal with what it's loading, if you only have 8GB of RAM, you're going to get stuttering no matter what you do. If the problem is that AMD's drivers aren't playing well with the game, you're going to get stuttering no matter what you do.

It could also be that the game is very poorly optimized and won't play well no matter what happens.

But when it comes to PC gaming there are a lot of variables that are in play and your attitude thus far has been one of a profound rejection of curiosity, making up your mind that the problem is with the PC port and tossing any idea that the problem could be in a configuration that regardless of your insistence, doesn't strictly meet the recommended requirements.
Old 04-03-2023, 02:13 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SituationSoap
I feel like you're not reading what I'm writing. There are potential causes for stuttering on your PC that would be irrelevant to the graphical settings that you're doing. If the bottleneck is not your GPU, setting the game to 640x480 at 30 FPS wouldn't make a difference, because the problem isn't the resolution or the settings you're choosing. If the problem is that the game is expecting a 16-thread CPU and you're only giving it a 12-thread CPU, you're going to experience stuttering regardless of what other settings you change. If the problem is that the game requires 12GB of RAM to deal with what it's loading, if you only have 8GB of RAM, you're going to get stuttering no matter what you do. If the problem is that AMD's drivers aren't playing well with the game, you're going to get stuttering no matter what you do.

It could also be that the game is very poorly optimized and won't play well no matter what happens.

But when it comes to PC gaming there are a lot of variables that are in play and your attitude thus far has been one of a profound rejection of curiosity, making up your mind that the problem is with the PC port and tossing any idea that the problem could be in a configuration that regardless of your insistence, doesn't strictly meet the recommended requirements.
Got it
I'm not new to PC gaming

I have no trouble running anything other than this game
Hopefully it's drivers or something EA can patch (if it's on their side)

I'm not alone here -- internet is full of people with various PC issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2023, 02:50 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 7

I have a 4090 with an i9 processor, and the game runs great for me with everything set to ultra/high. I love the game so far.
Old 04-03-2023, 03:05 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeus
I have a 4090 with an i9 processor, and the game runs great for me with everything set to ultra/high. I love the game so far.
It’d be fun to see some YouTubers running the min and also recommend specs from EA …and testing that

(Won’t go well)
Old 04-03-2023, 03:09 PM   #38
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeus
Me too except a 4080. Silky smooth and gorgeous.
Old 04-03-2023, 03:45 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Me too except a 4080. Silky smooth and gorgeous.
same with 3090 and 3900xt
Old 04-03-2023, 05:20 PM   #40
Rookie

4090, 13700k, 32gb ram and of course the game runs like butter for me for the most part. There's some hiccups, stutters and framerate spikes so I'd say the game either is poorly optimized and/or needs a day one patch and/or new drivers (no pun intended). With that said, the game to me looks amazing. I guess some may subjectively think the graphics are meh but with my setup, this feels like a true next-gen game.

This just makes me wish EA would bring all their sports games on PC. Hopefully Madden 24 will be current-gen version and NHL makes it comeback to PC as well. Maybe we'll also get NCAA Football on PC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »