Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-03-2023, 11:52 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA PGA TOUR - PC Specific Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoko
I don't think the graphics are very impressive on FIFA to be honest, compared to other 4K PC games at high settings anyway. Madden is not even current-gen on PCs. So they shouldn't be that demanding.

This is the best-looking Frostbite game I've seen yet.
For me, looks won't matter if it can't be made to be smooth
Old 04-03-2023, 11:56 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
For me, looks won't matter if it can't be made to be smooth
It depends. Flight Simulator framerate is rarely smooth for me but the level of detail in the visuals makes me not care.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:35 PM   #19
Rookie

I am somewhat skeptical of a single performance report from someone with a 6 year old CPU, with no information about what kind of RAM they're running.

Could be that the game has lots of optimization problems, but in PC gaming terms, that box is a little long in the tooth. It's also possible that the 6c/12t 8700K is experiencing threading issues because the game is expecting 16 logical threads.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:51 PM   #20
Rookie

Pretty sure there is something wrong with PC version atm. I tried both PC (5800x, Nvidia 3080, 2560x1440 240hz G Sync monitor) and PS5 (in a 65 LG Cx) and to me it’s like playing two different games. Graphically speaking PS5 version is absolutely better, way more clear and detailed.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2023, 12:55 PM   #21
Rookie

PC version looks stunning and plays smooth maxed out for me. I need to play a few holes before I give impressions. Seems to be conflicting hardware issues with some.ppl. I belive hogwarts had the same issues on pc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2023, 01:02 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SituationSoap
I am somewhat skeptical of a single performance report from someone with a 6 year old CPU, with no information about what kind of RAM they're running.

Could be that the game has lots of optimization problems, but in PC gaming terms, that box is a little long in the tooth. It's also possible that the 6c/12t 8700K is experiencing threading issues because the game is expecting 16 logical threads.
Umm - I'm above the recommended EA specs, you do realize that right?

lol

Anyways - doesn't matter
Played a round on PS5 - no issues of performance

It Rory 23 with more content and a graphics bump - I'm out.
Very happy I got the $1 demo with EA Play
Old 04-03-2023, 01:10 PM   #23
MVP

Anyone on PC -- you really owe it yourself to unplug your controller and try a few shots with that "keyboard swing"

Please do report back with thoughts ..
Old 04-03-2023, 01:11 PM   #24
Rookie

Being above or below the "recommended" specs and saying that you're seeing stuttering can come from any number of different sources. It could be that you don't have the recommended amount of RAM (note that it's 12GB). It could be that you're using DDR 2400 RAM and the CPU is starved. It could be that you're short the requisite number of threads (something I noted above). The 8700K is faster in terms of single-threaded speed than the Ryzen 2700K, but has 4 fewer logical threads.

It could also be something like AMD's drivers on the GPU side need an optimization patch and it'll be fine once a new driver drops.

The point is that saying that you play 4K30 on MSFS (a wildly different game) is not a useful anchoring point for determining what people should expect in terms of performance on their personal machines.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »