Home

Wisconsin State Porcupine Football (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Wisconsin State Porcupine Football (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-29-2020, 12:28 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wisconsin State Porcupine Football (NCAA 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Let's goooooooo.... suck it Miami, haha. Will get to the video shortly, but a suggestion to make them easier to watch on OS is you can choose the Share -> Embed option from YouTube and past that iframe code into your post and it'll let you embed the video in the forum. Just something to make the posts a little prettier looking haha, like below.

Hey thanks for the tip! I feel like most forums I visit videos automatically embed, and I didn’t realize it was as easy as copying the code straight from YT.

And right when I saw Pitt smoked Miami was thinking “Moose will like this” haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2020, 11:36 AM   #42
Rookie

Huge, huge win for Wisconsin State! At 3-2 and 1-1 in the Big Ten, we really needed a big win to try to turn things around this year, and we got it. What an epic performance by Calvin Upshaw - he really solidified himself as the starter with a flawless performance, going 24/26 for 4 TDs, and adding another long TD run on the ground.

Defensively, we could not stop Ohio State's running game. Both Dwayne Haskins and Antonio Williams tore us apart, as the Buckeyes went for 400+ on the ground. The key play of the game in my opinion was the fumble early in the 3rd quarter - that seemed to swing the momentum in our favor. So the defense I suppose did just enough for the Porcs to come away with a HUGE victory.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:56 AM   #43
Rookie

I'm also going to be making some changes to, and adding to, my house rules as follows:

Changes

Roster Management
Replacing the "two players randomly cut every off season" with the following:

Every Year, Every player on the roster will have a chance to be randomly cut. Here's how it will work: Projected starters for the next season (QB, RBx2, WR x3, TE, 5 OL; DEx2, DTx2, MLB, OLBx2, CBx3, FS, SS; K, P) will have a 4% chance of being cut. This means that, on average, I'll lose one projected starter for the next season.

The rest of the roster will have a 7% chance of being cut. This means I should lose around 3 non-starters per season. I feel like both the starter and non-starter numbers are realistic as far as players leaving major programs, recruits not qualifying, transfers (especially now with the portal), guys getting booted off teams, etc. etc.

If I am still over 70 players after I've gone through that process, I will make random cuts until I'm down to 70 players as follows: 45% chance for a random starter to be cut, 55% for a random non-starter to be cut. I will obviously need to oversign due to the unknown attrition, but I don't want to oversign too much. This rule discourages me from loading up on freshmen too much as projected starters have a disproportionate chance to be cut under this scenario. Starters (as defined above) make up only about 37% of a 70 player roster, but here have a 45% to be cut.

Player Progression
Doing away with the 12 players get their OVR decreased by 1-10 and 3 players get their OVR increased by 1-10, and replacing it with the following:

For each player on the roster, I will do a random roll between 1-100:

If the result is 1-5, that player gets an OVR increase by a random value between 1-10.

If the result is 6-27, that player gets an OVR decrease by a random value between 1-10.

If the result is 28-100, there is no change made to the player's rating.

I'm making both of these changes to bring more uncertainty to the roster turnover and player progression aspects of these games. Coaches in real life don't know that exactly two players will be kicked off the team each season, and neither should I! Coaches know there will likely be some attrition on the roster, but uncertain of how much - I'm going for the same thing here.

I also like not knowing exactly how many guys will progress or regress each year - if I get a really lucky string of lots of progressions, it could be great for the team, and likewise if we have disproportionate regressions for a few years in a row, it could really hurt.

New House Rules

No going for it on 4th down unless trailing in the 4th quarter (limited exception for other certain obvious situations, like it's the play of the half and we want to throw a hail mary or something like that) - but what I'm trying to get at here is if there's a "decision" to make, I have to be conservative and either punt or take the FG. The CPU has a hard enough time on defense stopping three plays; they shouldn't have to stop four.

Must run FG return on FGs defensively. If the kick is short, I will return it to the 20 yard line and run out of bounds to simulate the CPU punt and touchback.

Must sprint immediately after receiving the handoff on all run plays designed to go between the tackles (this may sound counter-intuitive, but as most of you I'm sure know, sprinting allows the defense to get off their blocks more easily).

Coaching points (including coordinators) can be spent on recruiting only. This means coordinators will not use any upgrades (this will start next season as I currently have my coordinators upgraded and you can't make changes until the off-season).
Old 06-01-2020, 06:20 PM   #44
Rookie

Porcupine Football Weekly - Week 7 Recap/Week 8 Preview, 2042

We go around the Big Ten and College Football, look back on Wisconsin State's huge win over #2 Ohio State address the QB and run defense situations, give a BIG recruiting update, and preview the Porcs' game against Indiana!

Last edited by joshuahuskers; 06-01-2020 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:52 PM   #45
Rookie

Porc Football Weekly Cliff's Notes - Week 7/Week 8, 2042

Around the Big Ten
Iowa 4-2 (2-2) 42, Purdue 1-4 (0-2) 28
Minnesota 4-2 49, Old Dominion 26
Penn State 6-0 (3-0) 34, Wisconsin 2-3 (2-2) 17
Illinois 3-2 (2-1) 35, Indiana 1-5 (1-2) 21
San Diego State 4-2 26, Michigan State 2-3 14

Big Ten West Standings:
Wisconsin State 2-1
Illinois 2-1
Minnesota 2-2
Iowa 2-2
Wisc 2-2
NW 0-3

Big Ten East Standings:
Penn State 3-0
Michigan 3-1
Ohio State 1-1
Michigan State 1-2
Indiana 1-2
Purdue 0-2
*Big Divisional Showdown this weekend - Michigan @ Penn State

Around the Country

#18 Stanford 5-2 38, #4 Washington 5-1 19
My personal #1 team bites the dust in a big way - big kiss of death after I talked them up last week.

Cal 3-2 41, #8 UCLA 4-2 19
Pac-12 Playoff hopes waning after Huskies fall and Bruins pick up second loss?

#17 Texas A&M 4-2 17, #22 TCU 4-2 16
Horned Frogs can't recover from upset in Ames a week ago, Aggies force three turnovers in SWC showdown

Georgia Tech 3-2 35, #20 NC State 4-2 7
Wolfpack suffer second straight loss in blowout fashion

#1 Alabama 6-0 30, Georgia 2-5 27
Top-Ranked Tide escape with last second field goal

Florida 4-2 21, LSU 2-4 16
Defending CFP Champs fall to 2-4 and 0-5 in SEC play

Top 25:

1 Alabama 6-0
2 Florida State 5-0
3 Texas 6-0
4 Penn State 6-0
5 Boston College 5-0
6 Tennessee 6-1
7 Middle Tennessee State 5-0
8 Ohio State 4-1
9 Clemson 4-0
10 South Florida 5-0
11 Oklahoma 4-1
12 Washington 5-1
13 Auburn 4-1
14 Wisconsin State 4-2
15 Miami 4-1
16 Stanford 4-2
17 Navy 4-0
18 Texas A&M 4-2
19 North Carolina 5-0
20 Oregon 4-1
21 UCLA 4-2
22 Notre Dame 3-3
23 Florida 4-2
24 Oklahoma State 5-0
25 TCU 4-2

Weekly News/Porc Chatter
*Great game from Upshaw, obviously. Why didn't he win the job sooner? Maybe because he just balled out for one game - keep in mind he still has more picks (5) than TDs this season (4). Let's cool the jets a little bit before anointing him the savior. This might end up being his best game of all time. Let's see how the season goes.

*Run defense was terrible. Defense has been lit up against good teams (PSU & tOSU) this season. The tackling was very poor. Coach Brutus mentioned that they worked on a lot of tackling and basics this week in practice - we'll see if it pays off.

*The schedule lightens up for the next three games (Indiana 1-3, @Purdue 1-4, Illinois 3-2), but watch out for Illinois as a sneaky team this year. They have talent, they're tied for first in the West, and the game is on Halloween night (spooooky!!!) Perhaps a game that could have big divisional implications?

Injury Update
*Senior starting MLB Kyle McCauley injured his elbow on a play where he was trucked over by Dwayne Haskins in the 4th quarter (we laughed about the play on the broadcast not realizing he was injured). He will be out at least a month. True freshman Jacob Mitchell will start - very athletic kid with HUGE upsdie but lacks the leadership of McCauley. McCauley's leadership is why the staff moved him inside this year from OLB to get him on the field.

*OG Toby Moore still out until at least mid-November

*RB Brandon Calhoun still out of the year

Rrecruiting

Last Week's Visitors:

*4-star OT Carson Briggs did not commit. Texas A&M seems to have a leg up and Briggs will visit the Aggies week ten vs. Texas Tech. home-state New Mexico cut from contention for Briggs.

*3-star OT Joseph Amos commits! The home-stat product spurns west coast suitors (Washington, UCLA and Arizona), staying home to play for the Porcs

*3-star CB Rishad Hence commits! Hence took his only P5 offer and gives his pledge to Wisconsin State

*4-star S Xamarion Gordon will be taking his time with his decision. Despite not having offers from other top schools such as Tennessee, Alabama, Ohio State, LSU, Clemson and Notre Dame, Gordon is still in communication with these schools, and is not rushing the process

***Surprise Commitment***
4-star RB Chris Philips out of Clinton, SC commits to the Porcs. #8 RB, #76 overall prospect. Quick, agile prospect who fits into the spread option porc offense. Other offers from Texas A&M and Miami, though the home state schools of Clemson and South Carolina were noticeably lacking from the offer list (hopefully not a red flag).

*New Offer Out: The Porcs offer 4-star QB Eli Stowers out of Berea, SC when it looked like the Porcs would not take a QB in this class. Makes you wonder if the staff is assuming Mike Hyatt won't be back next year after getting beat out mid-season by Calvin Upshaw. At 6'4" 239, Stowers is bigger and more physical than the prototype Porcupine QB, though not as quick and agile. #169 prospect overall.

Official Visitor this week:

*4-star WR Brian Thomas, Jr. - Indianola, IA
#26 WR, #1 in Iowa, #146 overall. Not the fastest prospect, but he's not slow. A very good route runner. Would be a good compliment to the star of this year's class, the deep threat WR Jaden Bradley. Would likely shut down WR recruiting if he commits.

Opponent Preview

Indiana Hoosiers 1-5 (1-2)

@ Wake Forest 3-3, L 21-28
Western Kentucky 3-1, L 14-28
@#10 USF 5-0, L 21-22
Iowa 4-2, L 17-31
@Wisconsin 2-3, W 34-17
Illinois 3-2, L 21-35

*Offense is not completely untalented, but has not gelled. 103rd in PPG, 116th in yds/game, 98th in rushing and 107th in passing.

*5th year senior QB Danny Cameron has 9 picks to only 8 TDs this year. He has the ability to run, although only has 33 rushing yards this year. You wonder if Indiana will see the success Haskins and McSorley had on the ground and use the QB run game more.

*Deonte Williams leads the team in rushing with 385 yds and 3 TDs - not much on the depth chart after him.

*Ricky Brookins leads a semi-talented but under-utilized WR core.

*The lone bright spot of the team is the 41st ranked run defense. DT Robert McCray and SS Jonathan Crawford lead the way for that unit.

*The corners are talented, but have given up a lot of yards.

*Wisconsin State should win this game convincingly, but you always worry about a trap game coming off a big emotional win like that victory over Ohio State.

Last edited by joshuahuskers; 06-02-2020 at 08:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2020, 12:29 PM   #46
Rookie

One quick additional update to the house rules. Because of the prevalence of QB transfers (especially with the rise of grad transfers) in today's college football landscape, the transfer chances for non-starter QBs will go as follows:

True Freshman: 7%, just like any other non-starter
Redshirt Freshman: 10%
Sophomore: 20% (40% if projected starter has the same or more remaining eligibility)
Junior: 40% (60% if the projected starter has the same or more remaining eligibility)
Senior 75%

If I can figure out a quick and somewhat efficient way in the editor to get these guys onto new teams quickly (preferably at the end of the previous season, or before/during offseason cuts) I will put them onto new teams. However, in browsing the editor thread, I have not yet seen a step-by-step guide for making players transfer to a specific school, or moving players to different teams. If I can't figure it out quickly, I'll probably just cut them and pretend they go FCS or go to a new team and then don't win the starting job.

Last edited by joshuahuskers; 06-02-2020 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:20 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuahuskers
One quick additional update to the house rules. Because of the prevalence of QB transfers (especially with the rise of grad transfers) in today's college football landscape, the transfer chances for non-starter QBs will go as follows:

True Freshman: 7%, just like any other non-starter
Redshirt Freshman: 10%
Sophomore: 20% (40% if projected starter has the same or more remaining eligibility)
Junior: 40% (60% if the projected starter has the same or more remaining eligibility)
Senior 75%

If I can figure out a quick and somewhat efficient way in the editor to get these guys onto new teams quickly (preferably at the end of the previous season, or before/during offseason cuts) I will put them onto new teams. However, in browsing the editor thread, I have not yet seen a step-by-step guide for making players transfer to a specific school, or moving players to different teams. If I can't figure it out quickly, I'll probably just cut them and pretend they go FCS or go to a new team and then don't win the starting job.
If you don't care about stats as much, I just look at teams who are going to be in need a a QB and I edit a existing QB on that roster at the end of the season before I progress to the Coaching hires. That way the player is already on that roster and it seems to help with the depth chart with them making it as the starter the following season.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:59 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
If you don't care about stats as much, I just look at teams who are going to be in need a a QB and I edit a existing QB on that roster at the end of the season before I progress to the Coaching hires. That way the player is already on that roster and it seems to help with the depth chart with them making it as the starter the following season.

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. I might just do that. Actually seems like less work than working everything through the editor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »