Home

Wisconsin State Porcupine Football (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Wisconsin State Porcupine Football (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-11-2020, 02:16 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wisconsin State Porcupine Football (NCAA 14)

Porcupine Football Weekly - Week 10 Recap/Week 11 Preview, 2042

It's Wisconsin Hate Week as we recap the Week 10 action, get some big news on the recruiting trail and look forward to this weekend's Cheese State Showdown against the Wisconsin Badgers!

Old 06-11-2020, 02:51 PM   #74
Rookie

Porc Football Weekly - Week 10/11, 2042 - Cliff's Notes

Around the Big Ten
Northwestern (3-6, 2-4) 42, Purdue (2-6, 1-4) 21
#8 Ohio State (7-1, 4-1) 27, Minnesota (5-4, 2-4) 10
Michigan State (4-4, 3-3) 31, Michigan (5-4, 3-4) 24
Iowa (6-3, 4-3) 24, Wisconsin (2-6, 2-3) 17

Big Ten West Standings:
Wisconsin State 4-2
Iowa 4-3
Illinois 2-3
Wisconsin 2-3
Northwestern 2-4
Minnesota 2-4

Big Ten East Standings:
Penn State 5-0
Ohio State 4-1
Michigan State 3-3
Michigan 3-4
Indiana 2-3
Purdue 1-4
*Penn State travels to Columbus this week to take on the Buckeyes in a game that will likely decide the East division, along with big implications for the College Football Playoff

Around College Football

#11 Miami (7-1) 35, #1 Florida State (7-1) 23
#1 loses for a second straight week, as the Hurricanes put themselves squarely back in the CFP discussion

#18 Virginia Tech (8-1) 17, #4 Boston College (7-1) 14 (OT)
The Cinderella Eagles finally fall, and the Hokies get a signature win to propel themselves into the national conversation

Oregon (6-2) 35, #12 Stanford (7-3) 30
More parity in the Pac-12

Eastern Michigan (5-3) 31, #6 South Florida (7-1) 28
The Bulls CFP hopes are certainly dashed, and their shot at the NY6 slot is likely by the wayside as well as another directional Michigan school upsets a Top 10 team

#15 Notre Dame (6-3) 42, #14 Navy (5-2) 30
Another team hoping for the G5 NY6 Bowl Bid falls

Wake Forest (4-5) 35, #16 Georgia Tech 5-3 20
Yellowjackets can't carry over the momentum from the win against North Carolina a couple weeks ago

Baylor (7-1) 28, #22 Houston (5-3) 14
The Bears try to show they are a contender in the SWC and Nationally

Ole Miss (5-3) 27, #7 Tennessee (7-2) 19
Vols become the 4th Top Ten team to lose this week in a crazy weekend around college football

Kansas State (5-3) 41, #17 Oklahoma (5-3) 9
Shell shocked Sooners never had a chance as their Big 8 hopes fade

Top 25:

1 Texas 8-0
2 Penn State 8-0
3 Middle Tennessee State 8-0
4 Florida State 7-1
5 Ohio State 7-1
6 Miami 7-1
7 Clemson 7-1
8 Washington 8-1
9 Boston College 7-1
10 Alabama 7-1
11 Notre Dame 6-3
12 Virginia Tech 8-1
13 Tennessee 7-2
14 South Florida 7-1
15 Texas A&M 5-3
16 Oklahoma State 7-1
17 Navy 5-2
18 UCLA 6-3
19 Stanford 7-3
20 Ole Miss 5-3
21 North Carolina 6-2
22 Oregon 6-2
23 Florida 5-3
24 Auburn 6-2
25 Western Michigan 9-0

Porc Chatter

*It's WISCONSIN HATE WEEK as we get ready for the 34th Cheese State Showdown between the Porcupines and Badgers

*Coach Brutus said this week that the team has been very focused and dialed in this week for the big rivalry game. The intensity in practice has been dialed up several notches.

*Along those lines, Coach Brutus said they've moved from more thud during the week to more full live action in practice. The hope is that this will help correct the slow starts we've seen lately, and also get the juices flowing for the bi rivalry game.

*A little Cheese State Showdown history, for our newer Porcupine fans:

*Wisconsin State leads the all-time Series 20-13

*The 2042 edition will be the first in nine seasons where both teams enter the game unranked. In 2033 an unranked Porcupine team dismantled an unranked Badger team 77-17, which is also the largest margin of victory in series history

*Prior to 2033, you have to go back to 2014 to find another game where both teams were unranked. Wisconsin won 59-36.

*in 11 of the 33 previous matches, both teams were ranked at the time of the game, showing the quality of these two programs through the years.

*In more recent years, Wisconsin State has won 4 of the last 5.

Injury Update

*No New Injuries this week

*Coach Brutus said OG Toby Moore is "close" to returning, but will not play this week vs. Wisconsin. Look for him to make his way back into the line up vs. Iowa.

*LB Kyle McCauley is also progressing back from his Elbow Injury, but is still likely a few weeks away from returning. This staff is optimistic he'll be back for at least the post-season if not for the Minnesota game to close out the regular season

*Senior RB Brandon Calhoun is out for the season with an ACL injury. He continues his rehab as he looks to prepare for the NFL draft.

Crootin' Corner

*Big news from both official visitors this weekend, as both 4-star OG Mao Glynn and 3-star OC Geroge Miki-Han give their verbal pledges while on visits in Kenosha. It's really a nice pair of commitments to continue this year's already impressive offensive line haul

*4-star WR Brian Thomas, Jr. out of Indianola, IA has cancelled his official visit to Clemson and committed to Wisconsin State. He should be the final WR in the 2043 class.

*With three new commitments, the class of 2042 stands at 14 members. We expect this class to be around 21 or 22 members, so it's about 2/3 full as we start looking forward to the early signing period in December

Opponent Preview

Wisconsin Badgers 2-6 (2-4)

*Wins: Michigan State, Michigan

*Losses: #10 Alabama, Indiana, #2 Penn State, Army, Washington State, Iowa

*Offensively, the Badgers of course like to run the football. They #30 in rushing, but 103rd in passing, coming in at 108th in total offense.

*Defensively, they also stop the run. The 7th ranked rush defense will be a big challenge for the Porcs. They do give up passing yards, checking in at #103 in that category but as we know Wisconsin State has struggled through the air with interceptions this week.

*The skill positions have been hit by the injury bug: staring QB Ryan Garrett, #2 RB Chris James, and their fastest WR AJ Taylor are all out for the season.

*QB Alex Hornibrook will start. The classic game manager, Hornibrook is 37/81 for 471 yards, 6 TDs and 1 INTS. They don't rely on him to pass the ball much.

*With James out, the running game will be carried almost exclusively by Taiwan Deal. Deal is a punishing rusher, piling up 745 yards on 5.8 YPC and 5 TDs this year.

*Their leading WR is George Rushing with 342 yards and 2 TDs.

*The offensive line is solid as usual

*On defense, their best player is probably LB TJ Edwards. Edwards as 20 TFLs and 5 sacks this year, so he's one to watch for.

*Keys to the game: For both teams, it's run the ball and stop the run. Both teams like to run the ball, and they do it extremely well - so it's an old school game in that regard.

*Having said that, the two running styles are very different - Wisconsin in the old-school under center I-Formation, while the Porcs employ a spread-option running attack. We'll see which style reigns supreme in the 34th Cheese State Showdown!
Old 06-16-2020, 05:06 PM   #75
Rookie

FULL GAME: CHEESE STATE SHOWDOWN: Wisconsin State (6-3, 4-2) @ Wisconsin (2-6, 2-3) - Week 10, 2042

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2020, 06:11 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Not a big fan of the play calling on the last series. If Underwood takes that sack it could be a completely different outcome. Coach needed to just run it up the middle on the last 2 plays. No reason to put the ball in the air. Trust me as a Seahawk fan we all have felt the bitterness of a bad pass play.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:29 PM   #77
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Agreed with Deuce, absolutely no idea why you would even attempt a pass at that point, especially when you had timeouts so it's not like you couldn't just run the ball and risk a short gain. No wonder why you won though, easy to beat a team with a 47 year old Alex Hornibrook at quarterback, aha!

Also, I know you like showing the whole game in the video, but I feel like you either need to take out a few plays or to add a couple seconds in between most plays, because you feel really rushed in the commentary. Just my two cents.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 06-17-2020, 05:53 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Not a big fan of the play calling on the last series. If Underwood takes that sack it could be a completely different outcome. Coach needed to just run it up the middle on the last 2 plays. No reason to put the ball in the air. Trust me as a Seahawk fan we all have felt the bitterness of a bad pass play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Agreed with Deuce, absolutely no idea why you would even attempt a pass at that point, especially when you had timeouts so it's not like you couldn't just run the ball and risk a short gain. No wonder why you won though, easy to beat a team with a 47 year old Alex Hornibrook at quarterback, aha!

Also, I know you like showing the whole game in the video, but I feel like you either need to take out a few plays or to add a couple seconds in between most plays, because you feel really rushed in the commentary. Just my two cents.

Yeah pretty questionable play calling on that one. I guess I got greedy...shades of this play in Nebraska vs. Colorado 2008. Luckily in that situation, Alex Henery nailed a 57 yarder to win it for my Huskers, and in the Porcupine's case, Calvin Upshaw was able to avoid the sack.

yeah, I'm really trying to get the video time down (not that there are that many watches anyway haha) - would really like to get the whole thing under 30 minutes. Unfortunately, adding time between plays, even if I cut out plays here and there is going to make the whole thing longer. I think I might cut out PATs, kick offs and punts like you do, Moose. I'm sure the commentary will get better with time...it's also harder to do it in movie maker because of the chop when you do voice over, and I'm not really apt to spend a bunch more money on this hobby of mine buying different editing software. I'm also probably not as quick on my feet thinking like you are
Old 06-18-2020, 06:13 AM   #79
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuahuskers
Yeah pretty questionable play calling on that one. I guess I got greedy...shades of this play in Nebraska vs. Colorado 2008. Luckily in that situation, Alex Henery nailed a 57 yarder to win it for my Huskers, and in the Porcupine's case, Calvin Upshaw was able to avoid the sack.

yeah, I'm really trying to get the video time down (not that there are that many watches anyway haha) - would really like to get the whole thing under 30 minutes. Unfortunately, adding time between plays, even if I cut out plays here and there is going to make the whole thing longer. I think I might cut out PATs, kick offs and punts like you do, Moose. I'm sure the commentary will get better with time...it's also harder to do it in movie maker because of the chop when you do voice over, and I'm not really apt to spend a bunch more money on this hobby of mine buying different editing software. I'm also probably not as quick on my feet thinking like you are
The right people watch it though. I'll hopefully have time to check out the game tomorrow. What editing software do you guys use? My daughter wants to do Youtube (she is a gamer, and pretty damn good actually, she had a Fortnite Victory Royale for their latest season the day it came out and gets a few solos a week and several team ones).

I was pretty good at COD and other shooters, but coming out on top against 95-100 people for me that would be like a never in a million years scenario even when I was good lol.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #80
Rookie

I just use windows movie maker pro (the pro version is $10 and allows you to voice over). I believe Moose uses the same in my conversations with him. I’m sure there’s better out there, but for $10 movie maker gets the job done.

Also just wanted to let everyone know I’m leaving town until next Wednesday, so you likely won’t hear from me until then! Good luck to everyone’s dynasties in the mean time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »