Home

Wisconsin State Porcupine Football (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Wisconsin State Porcupine Football (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-04-2020, 07:43 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wisconsin State Porcupine Football (NCAA 14)

Guys I’m beyond frustrated. I have the Illinois game played, and without giving too much away, I can’t stop throwing interceptions. I’m kind of at my wits end here. Do I just suck that bad? Maybe.

Going forward, I’m going to cut the CPU INT slider in half from 40 to 20. I’m really hesitant to mess with sliders as I’ve really liked this set, but the number of picks I’m throwing is just insane. I do think a contributing factor is that my human pass accuracy is zero. That’s needed to get a realistic completion percentage, but it also means that deep balls are consistently under thrown and the CPU defense just steps up and picks them off. I don’t mind the incompletions on balls like that, but the picks are insane.

Now many others are my fault but I feel like on tons of plays there is nobody open - so I throw to avoid a sack, especially because the CPU pass rush is pretty tough with my sliders. Again, I don’t mind the incompletions if no one is open, but it shouldn’t be an INT every time. I’m going to try this and see what happens. I feel bad giving myself an advantage over the CPU on anything and feel like I just need to be better, but this is one time that I don’t really know what else to do.

I guess this is just me ranting to make myself feel better lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2020, 03:59 AM   #66
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

It's tough. I wouldn't recommend adjusting sliders but I think after a lot of time playing the game, it does key on what you like to do and that's where I think knowing your playbook front to back if at all possible can really help. I recommend labbing it up a little and knowing the progressions that you want to look at for each play as well as understanding various keys you might want to look at depending on the play. Give NCAA 14 some serious credit. This is the first game in the series where I can't really tell if it's man or zone, even in unbalanced sets. I think it's always important to remember during the bad stretches that this is what we want, a challenge, real struggles and losses and things to throw our imaginary headset over!

I think INT's come in bunches when we think we know what's going to happen or somehow lack patience. I played a cpu vs. cpu (non Iowa) game today just for fun and threw 5 picks. I just couldn't stop. They were ON IT. I was freaking pissed. My CPU INT is at 70. But honestly... I'm not even sure sliders work in this game hahahaha.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:30 AM   #67
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm always one to see slider adjustments as a last resort. Like Heli said. I'd look at your habits. Some I have that I've been trying to work on:

1. Holding the pass button and always throwing line drives even when the situation calls for a touch pass.
2. Predetermining where I'm throwing then throwing it even if it's not the best choice.
3. Never throwing it away. Sometimes that's the best option.
4. Trying to make throws that my QBs rating say I shouldn't. For example an out route with a noodle arm.

Try to really focus on when your picks are happening and try top figure out if you've done something to warrant it.

Welcome to the dynasty section by the way.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:44 AM   #68
Rookie

Yeah, I’m gonna lab it up in exhibition mode using Oregon (same playbook as me and similar team). Last night I played a game vs Wisconsin on even teams with my proposed new slider set. Also raised the human pass block from 0 to 10, and lowered the speed threshold to 32 as kits did in his latest slider set, since I’m using his base lost 34-17 because I couldn’t stop the run, but I was something like 19/33 for 200ish yards, 1 TD 1 INT. It felt a lot more realistic. I’ll probably play some exhibition with both the old and proposed new slider set and see how it goes before deciding.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:59 AM   #69
Rookie

FULL GAME: Illinois 3-4 (2-2) @ Wisconsin State 5-3 (3-2) - Week 10, 2042

Trying hard to get my total video time down - from over 49:00 down to just over 30:00, I think I've improved . Commentary was a little rushed, but I think I'll get more used to having less time between plays, etc. as time goes on.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:03 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

How many of those INT's are when your guy is outside the pocket. I know me personally when I have games where I throw 3-6 INT's it's because I force a pass that shouldn't happen. throwing the ball away is a good way to avoid INT's and sacks and also brings down your passing %. However I will say that last year and this year I tended to just take the sack (thus the reason why my QB's led the nation in getting sacked)
Old 06-09-2020, 12:28 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
How many of those INT's are when your guy is outside the pocket. I know me personally when I have games where I throw 3-6 INT's it's because I force a pass that shouldn't happen. throwing the ball away is a good way to avoid INT's and sacks and also brings down your passing %. However I will say that last year and this year I tended to just take the sack (thus the reason why my QB's led the nation in getting sacked)

Thanks for the thoughts! As a rule of thumb (though not an official house rule), I try to keep my QBs within the pocket. I find it’s too easy to break contain and scramble with a QB if you move outside the pocket (though I do move out of the pocket at times when pressured as you can see from the videos, I try to limit this). When I do scramble, I try to get up field ASAP vs moving further outside to the sideline. And I basically never roll if not pressured unless it’s a designed roll out, because of the ease to roll out an open passing lanes (although maybe I need that LOL).

I will say I really like having the INT slider at 20 instead of 40 in the exhibition games I’ve played. Still on the fence about lowering the threshold to 32, I think it helps my running game too much, but I’ll decide here soon. I’ll emerge from the lab and get this thing fired back up!

Last edited by joshuahuskers; 06-09-2020 at 12:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2020, 07:06 PM   #72
Rookie

Another week, another slow start. 3 and Out, INT (first play), FG, 3 and Out were our first four drives. Then it all came together, and despite throwing for interceptions, we ran away with it. Illinois just couldn't do anything offensively in the second half - our defense really feasted. Eric Capps had the quietest 200 yard game I think I've ever seen. I don't think I realized he was anywhere close to 200 until the graphic popped up that showed him at like 194 lol. He did get most of the carries because he was more successful than Pledger early on - I tend to ride the hot hand with my RBs.

As an aside, I forgot how nice (in my incredibly biased opinion) the all black uniforms look with the blue and red accents. They may make a return about once a year - we will see!

I think I'm going to settle on moving the INT slider down from 40 to 30 (instead of 20). That way I'm still challenging myself, but it also gives me a little breathing room. No other adjustments - pass block will stay at zero, and the threshold will stay at 52 (I have enough house rules in the run game anyway - if I ever move away from the spread option offense, this may change).

Last edited by joshuahuskers; 06-09-2020 at 08:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »