Home

Wisconsin State Porcupine Football (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Wisconsin State Porcupine Football (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-26-2020, 10:31 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wisconsin State Porcupine Football (NCAA 14)

FULL GAME: #18 Wisconsin State @ Northwestern:

https://youtu.be/_DggBHC3lZ4
Old 05-26-2020, 10:39 PM   #34
Rookie

Really solid win, other than the turnovers. Defense played absolutely lights out. We'll need that again, and we'll obviously need to eliminate the turnovers, to have a shot against Ohio State.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:20 AM   #35
Rookie

Porcupine Football Weekly Radio Show - Week 6/Week 7, 2042:

Our Host takes a look around the past weekend's match ups in the Big Ten, and the marquee games around the country. We also take a closer look inside the Porcupine QB situation, get this weeks injury report, and catch up on the recruiting trail with a preview of the official visitors for the huge recruiting weekend coming up. Finally, we take a closer look at this weekend's opponent - the #2 Ohio State Buckeyes.

https://youtu.be/rVwldiwdiRc

On a side note, my new mic arrives tomorrow and I could not be more excited!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2020, 02:14 AM   #36
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

I think I missed it when I first responded that you started with another version of the game, and then transitioned to 2014. That's even more impressive. I have been doing dynasty (originally Madden) reports since around 1998, on a board that was called Thnking Man's Guide to Madden. I remember that the guy who created the site was called TAFKAC (the artist formerly known as Craig) and I have no idea if we invented this or if it was just started by multiple people in their own ways all over the internet. As soon as there was a playable dynasty mode in a college game (whenever that was) I was playing with it. All that to say: Major, major respect for being a true NCAA head.

That FSU game was tough, especially losing with a last second pick. As you mentioned, it's tough to win games like the SDSU game, however, the scoop and score can turn around quite a bit... Score, momentum, everything - Nice.

Have to say, the WS uniforms are pretty cool looking (watched the Penn State game on YT). Your defense eventually got a handle on them and forced those three important punts which surprised me. Like a lot of CPU teams they just sort of struggled to remain competent lol. I didn't think that the video production was bad at all, and everybody hates their voice, trust me, it's fine. I'm the one that really has the crap voice.

I subbed and My only suggestion/request is to show the other team's players stats.

Thorough beatdown against Northwestern, not much more to say. Keep it up! Freaking OSU... always looming.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:07 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
I think I missed it when I first responded that you started with another version of the game, and then transitioned to 2014. That's even more impressive. I have been doing dynasty (originally Madden) reports since around 1998, on a board that was called Thnking Man's Guide to Madden. I remember that the guy who created the site was called TAFKAC (the artist formerly known as Craig) and I have no idea if we invented this or if it was just started by multiple people in their own ways all over the internet. As soon as there was a playable dynasty mode in a college game (whenever that was) I was playing with it. All that to say: Major, major respect for being a true NCAA head.

That FSU game was tough, especially losing with a last second pick. As you mentioned, it's tough to win games like the SDSU game, however, the scoop and score can turn around quite a bit... Score, momentum, everything - Nice.

Have to say, the WS uniforms are pretty cool looking (watched the Penn State game on YT). Your defense eventually got a handle on them and forced those three important punts which surprised me. Like a lot of CPU teams they just sort of struggled to remain competent lol. I didn't think that the video production was bad at all, and everybody hates their voice, trust me, it's fine. I'm the one that really has the crap voice.

I subbed and My only suggestion/request is to show the other team's players stats.

Thorough beatdown against Northwestern, not much more to say. Keep it up! Freaking OSU... always looming.

Glad to see you are following along! Yeah, I started with NCAA 10, and created the team in team builder every year through NCAA 14 (which I finally got very late). This thing has taken multiple years off over the last decade, but it’s still up and running. You definitely started reporting before me - I believe my first reports were on a website called dynasty central - it was not a forum, but rather each dynasty had its own page with some predefined templates you could fill in. This was before the days where anyone off the street could make great looking graphics. This would have been maybe around 2003 when I was in middle or high school.

I tried to go with a clean classic look when I first created the uniforms, and they’ve stayed basically the same throughout the different iterations. I think on one version we had a black alt, but I decided to scrap it and go with a red alt instead. Really wish teambuilder had allowed more uniform options. I think an all black with a black helmet would have looked cool, but not cool enough to replace my all blue look.

And yeah, this has been an interesting season so far. The defense has certainly come up big in certain spots, like the scoop and score. And you’re right - even against Penn State we did get a few key stops, but the offense couldn’t get out of its own way.

Thanks for the suggestion on the opposing stats - will start showing those in the post game.

I’m pretty nervous about the Ohio State game. In the more recent years of this dynasty, I’ve never felt like there was a team we couldn’t hang with, but this years team just doesn’t feel quite up to par with some recent editions - I guess we will see. Burrow being out can only help, although Haskins is no slouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2020, 02:46 AM   #38
Rookie

National Games of Note, Week 6, 2042

Pitt is It! Hail to Pitt! The 2-2 Panthers knock off #5 Miami by a score of 41-14 in a game they dominated. The Panthers had 3 players with over 15 carries and 75 yards each, racking up 249 total yards on the ground in route to the shocking blowout.

Arkansas Unraveling Once the Cinderella of the college football season after starting 4-0 with a win over Top 10 Tennessee, the Hogs have now lost two in a row, the latest a 38-10 blowout loss to lowly Texas State.

Upset in Ames #9 TCU falls 21-20 to 1-2 Iowa State, as the Cyclones secured the go ahead touchdown with 2:29 to play in the game.

Huskies Roll On #3 Washington, thought by some to be the best team in the country, continued their winning ways, albeit closer than many thought, with a 38-31 win over Arizona. The Wildcats were at one point ranked as high as #15 this season, but have now fallen to 1-4 on the year.

Stanford Falls #8 Stanford suffered their second loss of the season, losing to Washington State 34-41 in overtime. It appears that Washington and UCLA will carry the CFP hopes for the Pac-12.

Is Boston College for Real? The #15 Eagles have quietly gone undefeated, and have improve to 4-0 with an impressive 35-17 win over previously undefeated and #16 NC State. We will see if Boston College is a real contender in the East Coast Conference (old ACC and Big East) in the coming weeks.

Last edited by joshuahuskers; 05-29-2020 at 03:11 AM.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:47 AM   #39
Rookie

Full Game: #2 Ohio State (4-0) @ #16 Wisconsin State (3-2):

https://youtu.be/Bxg8lEfTvj0
Old 05-29-2020, 09:22 AM   #40
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Let's goooooooo.... suck it Miami, haha. Will get to the video shortly, but a suggestion to make them easier to watch on OS is you can choose the Share -> Embed option from YouTube and past that iframe code into your post and it'll let you embed the video in the forum. Just something to make the posts a little prettier looking haha, like below.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »