Home

NHL 25 wishlist

This is a discussion on NHL 25 wishlist within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-24-2024, 03:00 PM   #41
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 25 wishlist

So many great ideas in here from multiple people!!!

I am at the point where my wishlist is that 2K Sports puts out another game because it's blatantly obvious, EA has no intentions of listening to real hockey fans on how to make this game a reliable hockey sim... Unless you are into HUT or CHEL, they could care less about the other modes sadly... And none of us who have great ideas will ever be contacted, but if you have a way for EA to make a couple of extra dollars in HUT, you are probably on their speed dial...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!

Last edited by gsize19; 02-24-2024 at 03:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2024, 11:33 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

NMCs
- Sign a dude to an 8-year deal with a NMC and he sucks? Too bad. In the game, just trade him for a 7th and take the cap space. With NMCs that wouldn't be possible.

Three-way trades
- How many big real-life deals are actually three-way trades for salary retention? It would be nice to have.

Protected picks
- I'm just digging into NHL 24 with the Hawks, and a pick the Bolts sent for Brandon Hagel ended up No. 1 overall. In real-life, that pick was top 10 protected.

Defensemen progressing
- I'm at the point where I don't even bother drafting defensemen. Such an oversight.

Position changes
- As the 24-25 Hawks, I have Bedard, Celebrini, Moore and Nazar up the middle. Moore and Nazar will be moved to wings as they progress, but I won't be able to actually edit their position in their player info.

Better customization
- Why can't I swap out AHL teams in a non-custom franchise mode? I can do that with NHL teams. And let me change the league format within standard franchise. Custom franchise should be for adding/subtracting teams (or there should be an option within custom franchise to carry over unsigned prospects and true-to-life draft pick ownership.)

Last edited by JoeRodgers1175; 02-27-2024 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-27-2024, 07:59 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
8. All for editting of prosepcts that can be drafted. When I get into Franchise, I see Hockey East, Central, West in the USA, allow for those that are on college teams to be editted and added here based on their region. Right now, I have to create all prospects and put them in juniors to be picked for the offseason draft. Defeats the purpose of you want to have real players as an option to be chosen (i.e. young men already in juniors).
You can already do this. If I remember correctly from my NHL 21 franchise, I just left those draft eligible created players as Free Agents and they ended up playing in their region (one of the US regions or Russia for example). Owen Power was listed as “N/A (ROW)” since his nationality is Canadian but he was playing college hockey. But Matty Beniers was listed as USA Central. If you fill up enough of the college or USHL guys and leave them as FAs, they’ll take over spots of the fake players so you’ll get more accurate drafts.

Takes time to build all those guys out but worth it when you do.

In terms of wishlist, I would prefer they finally fix the broken AI from the last few years. Since 20/21, the AI doesn’t work at all in regards to strategies and just floats to positions rather than figuring out the open spaces like they did in the 13/14 days. Plenty of customization stuff they can add, but I’d rather enjoy playing the game first and then enjoy the other stuff in the years to come.
Old 03-03-2024, 03:20 AM   #44
Rookie

I 100% agree with the original post. To preface I'm glad that EA got the official IIHF license a few years ago but what drives me bonkers is that in EA FIFA/FC since the mid 00's for any national team in the game you could see that nation's player pool and pick any of those players for that national team.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:55 PM   #45
Rookie

nhl be like Fc24. Team news, player news, trades, signatures, etc. in news style on TV. if you play as a manager you can be fired and you have to build your career by receiving offers from other teams in the league during the season or at the end of the season. There is a lack of better management of the team and staff for contracts, renewals and trades

Last edited by Maxssi; 03-03-2024 at 12:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2024, 07:03 AM   #46
Rookie

fitch94's Arena

I would love NHL 25 to borrow some of the ideas from MLB The Show regarding Franchise mode.

Have players awards stick with them in franchise mode...and use the actual trophy icon. Same if they played on a cup winning team.

How about a separate announcer for minor league games? Like The Show did this year.
Old 03-31-2024, 03:45 PM   #47
Rookie

ScottyKnowzzz's Arena

How about the AI actually calling up players of correct position due to injuries instead of slotting in a d-man at forward or forward on defense. Only time they make a call-up is if there's too many injuries. There's a way around it but it's annoying (trading a 7th round pick for a 7th round pick, then the AI will make the correct call-ups)
NFL: Panthers
OHL: Knights and Bulldogs
AHL: Marlies
EPL: Nottingham Forest

Last edited by ScottyKnowzzz; 03-31-2024 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:30 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

What if prospects actually developed in franchise? Especially d-men??

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »