Home

NHL 25 wishlist

This is a discussion on NHL 25 wishlist within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-08-2023, 12:55 PM   #1
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
NHL 25 wishlist

Is it too early? It's never too early and EA claims to pay attention to their consumers. This team literally can make this game the ULTIMATE NHL EXPERIENCE for video game consumers. It's time to LISTEN and make this game the best sports game out there!!!

My Wishlist is going to be purely based on offline modes (i.e. Franchise, BAP).

1. Real NHL coaches- In Awards, you have the Jack Adams as an award to win, and it has real coaches names, so why not do what is right and add the coaches and a few extras that can be picked from? Allow for some retiring players to be chosen for coaching positions.

2. Total control Franchise- Allow for users to not only have the AHL to chose from but the ECHL also. If you are a team without an ECHL affiliate, negotiate this as an owner.. Would be a cool option to help develop players, and yes, I do this with MLB The Show with their three tiered system.

3. Face customization- For about 10 years, it's been the same generic faces. I don't need face scan, but I would like the option to edit the 100+ included heads to try to replicate actual faces. Another thing that doesn't seen too hard to do and other platforms in other games (SDS and 2K) allow this.

4. Stop robbing Peter to pay Paul- Your legacy controls are the Hybrid controls. This option should NEVER be removed. You can tweak and create a bunch of different control schemes as much as you would like, but do not touch legacy (Hybrid).

5. Winter Classic and Stadium Series- C'mon, it's 2023, you are about to bring back NCAA sports, you have Madden. Why would it be hard to include 10-15 pro and college stadiums to chose from, or even make a few fictional stadiums to have the Winter Classic, Hertiage Classic and Stadium Series?

6. NHL All-Star week- You have all-star teams in your rosters, but in Franchise, you can't play an all-star game. Put in the all-star game and a few mini games in season for a skills competition. I would like the extra touch.

7.Olympics- During Olympic Years, add the Olympic Tourney. The NHL will be on hiatus for those three weeks, allow the user to pick a country and play in the Olympics. As a GM, you can choose to be the GM of the country you want to build in addition to the GM duties in Franchise, or you can delegate it for a CPU GM to build a roster.

8. Retired jerseys- Have teams retired jerseys RETIRED! It says retired jerseys, but I can choose the number of known retired numbers on different teams. If a team has a retired number, it should never be an option to be able to pick (i.e. 1, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 19 in Detroit)... All of these numbers can be chosen how you have it now.

9. NHL Eras, similar to what 2K Sports offers in their basketball games.

Those changes build a deeper Franchise which is what the series was built upon.

Other changes that are less important but would be nice to see.

1. Broadcast partner- Make the game look like TNT or NHL Network. YOu already try to do that with the pressure meter; when you partnered with NBC, the game looked nice and gave a feel of a broadcast presentation.

2. Meters and Boards- Allow the option to turn the meters and rotating boards on or off. Neither bother me, but I would just rather see the game look like what I would see at an NHL rink in person (i.e. sponsors on the boards).

3. Connected Franchise- I know many call for it, Allow for users to play others in their Franchise.

4. Eliminate celebration cut scenes and just allow the logic of the players to celebrate, many just seek their linemates, hug, high five and then go to the bench for fist bumps.

5. Bring more music options- Add some different rock and metal into the mix. People do listen to this (me). And since we can't do custom music and ditties like we were able to during the PS3 days, I would still like to find a decent goal song after my team fires the cannon after a goal.

6. Add the Global Series to the game-. No reason why teams who are selected to take part in the Global Series can't play in the overseas rinks that are in the game in Franchise...

7. A little blood won't hurt you- During a high sticking call, have the ref check the player for bleeding to see if it is a double minor. (an option that can be turned on or off)

8. All for editting of prosepcts that can be drafted. When I get into Franchise, I see Hockey East, Central, West in the USA, allow for those that are on college teams to be editted and added here based on their region. Right now, I have to create all prospects and put them in juniors to be picked for the offseason draft. Defeats the purpose of you want to have real players as an option to be chosen (i.e. young men already in juniors).

9. Add the USWHL. You have women's hockey in the game, add the new women's league. While I would never play it, it is a cool option to get more girls to play the game with their idols.

10. IF it's In the Game, it's in the game- Go back to this way of thinking. Watch several NHL hockey games this season and see what you are missing. Coaches! Coaches!! Coaches!!! Outdoor games in Franchise. I could go on for days here, but a few of these touches would be nice to know that you aren't forgetting your Franchise users and somehow you could incorporate this into your HUT games and make some money on...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!

Last edited by gsize19; 02-24-2024 at 03:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2023, 01:03 PM   #2
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 25 wishlist

All I can say is AMEN !!!!

I don’t really care about all-star games, but this list is AWESOME and it would be a GREAT start 😀
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
Old 10-08-2023, 01:13 PM   #3
Pro

gsize19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
All I can say is AMEN !!!!

I don’t really care about all-star games, but this list is AWESOME and it would be a GREAT start ��
I mean, I know it would be an easy thing to just simulate over, but I think it would be cool to have a fastest skater, hardest shot, Shooting stars and Goalie competition the day before the All-star game. But just having an all-star game based on players in your Franchise would be a step forward. I would play it to just break up the season when I get to it. Right now, it just goes into the next game, just something I always think when I get to that point, "Man it would be awesome if they had this". Right now, it's just monotonous when you make this part of the season in Franchise. No reward..

Old 10-08-2023, 01:26 PM   #4
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Yes, competition between players could be a very nice touch !

Also these types of list have been around for the longest times and never acted upon them. But at least you give it a shot 👍😀 And we can’t say that you are LATE asking for them 😉😂
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
Old 10-08-2023, 01:34 PM   #5
Pro

gsize19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
Yes, competition between players could be a very nice touch !

Also these types of list have been around for the longest times and never acted upon them. But at least you give it a shot ���� And we can’t say that you are LATE asking for them ����
Correct. I expect nothing of any of my asks to become reality. Just thinking out loud. I add my two cents in whenever I see one of these lists every year, figured I would kick off NHL25.

In my type of work, I always have to have an initiative, what will take us from good to great, and when we get there, how do we sustain it. We have an OSHA recordable rate of 1.6 in an industry that it is 4.7 TRIR and yet if we don't finish with a 1.2 TRIR this year, we haven't hit our goal, and my 25% at risk bonus takes a huge hit. A lot of pressure. We had a fatality at work this July (7/20/23 a day I will never forget), and I am the one that had to fix the issue, even though the issue was employee misconduct and even OSHA issued no citations (rare for a fatality) and during the closing conference chalked it up to employee misconduct. But we had to not let this death go without improving, so we have put together a new program, something that I have been wanting to do for eight years, yet it doesn't happen until something goes wrong, it's up to me to sustain it, and as of now, I have full employee buy in. How does this relate? I liken the removal of Hybrid as their huge issue (not comparing it to a fatality), but now they have to go outside their comfort zone and start providing something that should have already been completed, and they will see a positive response from their consumers, just like I am seeing positive responses from my employees, and those that wouldn't get on the train, I told them no hard feelings, there is the door, good luck to ya! This is not the place for you for status quo.

My list would be a start if it resonates with one of the EA team, I mean I know they have a team, someone had to make the bonehead move to take out Hybrid Controls. Someone must have thought this was a great idea, someone that probably doesn't play the game like some of us. So if they have someone who isn't afraid to venture to Operation Sports, the most reputable Sports gaming page, maybe one or a few look into the mirror this year and realize, we have a good base, now let's make it great and sustain it!!!

While many of these ideas would be great for me, I realize not everyone would want them. They would be a step forward without reinventing the wheel. Some would see them as little more than a roster update, but there isn't much more you can do with sports games. Visually the game, as well as baseball, basketball golf, soccer and football offerings look great, especially for next gen. If they changed how to play the game every year, that would not be sustainable and would alienate long time consumers.

Last edited by gsize19; 10-08-2023 at 01:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2023, 08:06 PM   #6
Pro

stlgamer09's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
Is it too early? It's never too early and EA claims to pay attention to their consumers. This team literally can make this game the ULTIMATE NHL EXPERIENCE for video game consumers. It's time to LISTEN and make this game the best sports game out there!!!

My Wishlist is going to be purely based on offline modes (i.e. Franchise, BAP).

1. Real NHL coaches- In Awards, you have the Jack Adams as an award to win, and it has real coaches names, so why not do what is right and add the coaches and a few extras that can be picked from? Allow for some retiring players to be chosen for coaching positions.

2. Total control Franchise- Allow for users to not only have the AHL to chose from but the ECHL also. If you are a team without an ECHL affiliate, negotiate this as an owner.. Would be a cool option to help develop players, and yes, I do this with MLB The Show with their three tiered system.

3. Face customization- For about 10 years, it's been the same generic faces. I don't need face scan, but I would like the option to edit the 100+ included heads to try to replicate actual faces. Another thing that doesn't seen too hard to do and other platforms in other games (SDS and 2K) allow this.

4. Stop robbing Peter to pay Paul- Your legacy controls are the Hybrid controls. This option should NEVER be removed. You can tweak and create a bunch of different control schemes as much as you would like, but do not touch legacy (Hybrid).

5. Winter Classic and Stadium Series- C'mon, it's 2023, you are about to bring back NCAA sports, you have Madden. Why would it be hard to include 10-15 pro and college stadiums to chose from, or even make a few fictional stadiums to have the Winter Classic, Hertiage Classic and Stadium Series?

6. NHL All-Star week- You have all-star teams in your rosters, but in Franchise, you can't play an all-star game. Put in the all-star game and a few mini games in season for a skills competition. I would like the extra touch.

7.Olympics- During Olympic Years, add the Olympic Tourney. The NHL will be on hiatus for those three weeks, allow the user to pick a country and play in the Olympics. As a GM, you can choose to be the GM of the country you want to build in addition to the GM duties in Franchise, or you can delegate it for a CPU GM to build a roster.

8. Retired jerseys- Have teams retired jerseys RETIRED! It says retired jerseys, but I can choose the number of known retired numbers on different teams. If a team has a retired number, it should never be an option to be able to pick (i.e. 1, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 19 in Detroit)... All of these numbers can be chosen how you have it now.

Those changes build a deeper Franchise which is what the series was built upon.

Other changes that are less important but would be nice to see.

1. Broadcast partner- Make the game look like TNT or NHL Network. YOu already try to do that with the pressure meter; when you partnered with NBC, the game looked nice and gave a feel of a broadcast presentation.

2. Meters and Boards- Allow the option to turn the meters and rotating boards on or off. Neither bother me, but I would just rather see the game look like what I would see at an NHL rink in person (i.e. sponsors on the boards).

3. Connected Franchise- I know many call for it, Allow for users to play others in their Franchise.

4. Eliminate celebration cut scenes and just allow the logic of the players to celebrate, many just seek their linemates, hug, high five and then go to the bench for fist bumps.

5. Bring more music options- Add some different rock and metal into the mix. People do listen to this (me). And since we can't do custom music and ditties like we were able to during the PS3 days, I would still like to find a decent goal song after my team fires the cannon after a goal.

6. Add the Global Series to the game-. No reason why teams who are selected to take part in the Global Series can't play in the overseas rinks that are in the game in Franchise...

7. A little blood won't hurt you- During a high sticking call, have the ref check the player for bleeding to see if it is a double minor. (an option that can be turned on or off)

8. All for editting of prosepcts that can be drafted. When I get into Franchise, I see Hockey East, Central, West in the USA, allow for those that are on college teams to be editted and added here based on their region. Right now, I have to create all prospects and put them in juniors to be picked for the offseason draft. Defeats the purpose of you want to have real players as an option to be chosen (i.e. young men already in juniors).

9. Add the USWHL. You have women's hockey in the game, add the new women's league. While I would never play it, it is a cool option to get more girls to play the game with their idols.

10. IF it's In the Game, it's in the game- Go back to this way of thinking. Watch several NHL hockey games this season and see what you are missing. Coaches! Coaches!! Coaches!!! Outdoor games in Franchise. I could go on for days here, but a few of these touches would be nice to know that you aren't forgetting your Franchise users and somehow you could incorporate this into your HUT games and make some money on...
Quit removing equipment that was in the last game and now its not in this game. Ex. Bauer Vapor Hyperlite 2 was added but they removed the Bauer Vapor Hyperlite
FHM 2017 - 2022

Old 10-09-2023, 10:27 AM   #7
MVP

Custom season (just like franchise has)
Ability to remove helmets
70’s goalie equipment
Of note… in crowd scene cuts at Boston I’ve seen Gerry Cheevers scar mask on a fan. If it’s there, why can’t we have access to it?
Old 10-09-2023, 10:50 AM   #8
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
Not sure what USWHL is..assuming you meant WNHL as the UWHL is a tri-state hockey league. But the WNHL no longer exists. It became the Premier Hockey Federation in 2021 and the PHF ceased operations on June 29, 2023. The new owners have rebranded it the Professional Women's Hockey League.

I think the constant change will be what keeps the womens pro leagues from added to the game. Unlike the WNBA which seems to be way more consistent team and league wise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »