Home

NHL 25 wishlist

This is a discussion on NHL 25 wishlist within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-16-2023, 01:32 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 25 wishlist

PC version.
Old 10-20-2023, 11:26 PM   #18
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

I realize it is a different sport altogether and a different developer, but one of the coolest things ever for a sports game is 2k adding "Eras"...

I love how playing in the Jordan era, it looks like games would have looked during the Jordan era (the only era I watched basketball)...

Anyway, would be a cool feature for NHL, playing maybe through the Gretzky or Trottier (early to mid 80's) era, Lemieux or Yzerman era (Mid 90's), and the beginning of maybe the Crosby or Ovechkin era and try to repeat or rewrite history...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 10-26-2023, 01:41 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
I realize it is a different sport altogether and a different developer, but one of the coolest things ever for a sports game is 2k adding "Eras"...

I love how playing in the Jordan era, it looks like games would have looked during the Jordan era (the only era I watched basketball)...

Anyway, would be a cool feature for NHL, playing maybe through the Gretzky or Trottier (early to mid 80's) era, Lemieux or Yzerman era (Mid 90's), and the beginning of maybe the Crosby or Ovechkin era and try to repeat or rewrite history...
NHL eras would be amazing but one major issue is that NHL rosters are bigger than NBA rosters and the NHL draft is 7 rounds, while the NBA draft is 2, so the number of players you have to get the rights for is higher.

I hope they do find a way to get things figured out
Old 10-27-2023, 10:07 PM   #20
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnlarge
NHL eras would be amazing but one major issue is that NHL rosters are bigger than NBA rosters and the NHL draft is 7 rounds, while the NBA draft is 2, so the number of players you have to get the rights for is higher.

Valid point man!!!

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 10-29-2023, 12:20 PM   #21
Pro

stlgamer09's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnlarge

But look how many players they add in for EA FC so many players and leagues, they can afford the licensing. If NHL had that many players and leagues it would be great.
FHM 2017 - 2022

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2023, 02:08 PM   #22
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlgamer09
But look how many players they add in for EA FC so many players and leagues, they can afford the licensing. If NHL had that many players and leagues it would be great.
I don't think it's a matter of just the amount of money they'd have to pay, but rather it's the return on the investment.

They can afford to throw a few millions for the necessary licensing of players in FIFA (or rather FC now) if they know they'll get Billions in return (I saw a recent figure where they got like 11 Billion in revenue just for FIFA alone).

The same can't be said for NHL where spending a million will translate into the same million back in the coffers. The dev team, I'm sure, wouldn't mind. EA HQ on the other hand...
Old 10-30-2023, 02:48 PM   #23
Pro

stlgamer09's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
I don't think it's a matter of just the amount of money they'd have to pay, but rather it's the return on the investment.

They can afford to throw a few millions for the necessary licensing of players in FIFA (or rather FC now) if they know they'll get Billions in return (I saw a recent figure where they got like 11 Billion in revenue just for FIFA alone).

The same can't be said for NHL where spending a million will translate into the same million back in the coffers. The dev team, I'm sure, wouldn't mind. EA HQ on the other hand...
I really think if they had the license for all the retired players and did the eras history, they would make their money back plus adding it to PC and gm connected, add new leagues, full customization and draft classes it would be their most sold nhl game.
FHM 2017 - 2022

Old 10-30-2023, 10:11 PM   #24
Just started!

Forzacheevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
5. Winter Classic and Stadium Series- C'mon, it's 2023, you are about to bring back NCAA sports, you have Madden. Why would it be hard to include 10-15 pro and college stadiums to chose from, or even make a few fictional stadiums to have the Winter Classic, Hertiage Classic and Stadium Series?
I still don't understand what the excuse is for not having this since the 360/PS3 era.

With NIL in place and EA making a new college football game, I really hope we get college teams in NHL 25.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »