Home

NHL 25 wishlist

This is a discussion on NHL 25 wishlist within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-11-2024, 12:56 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 25 wishlist

Make it available in EA Play (like Madden, Golf, Soccer)
Old 04-11-2024, 03:52 PM   #50
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLExpos4Ever
It typically is right after the Stanley Cup playoffs.

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 04-20-2024, 09:10 PM   #51
Rookie

noarmsduck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLExpos4Ever
I think it is right now. I just downloaded it through Gamepass, which is through EA Play.

-------------------------------------------

On topic of the thread, OP's comments are good, and I can't believe we even have to ask for this in a sports game in 2024 but the ability to edit player attributes in a Franchise. Mind blowing that this still isn't in the NHL series.

Also not a huge deal but I agree with the sentiment on music. I think it was NHL 06 or something around there had an amazing track. I remember Bat Country would play over a montage of you winning the Stanley Cup.

EDIT: Probably need to add age editing as well. I've had the game open for maybe 20 minutes seeing what's changed from the last one I played. But I'd like to make a roster with some classic players. If I'm adding Hasek to the Sabres, I don't want him to be 58 years old when I start my Franchise.

Last edited by noarmsduck; 04-20-2024 at 09:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2024, 12:04 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlgamer09
Hybrid is in the game still.
Good to hear. So what is the OP talking about with that comment? Just to make sure they never take them away?
Old 05-07-2024, 05:01 PM   #53
Rookie

Issue 1
Have the AI opposing team challange you as you try and move the puck up the ice from your end to theirs.

In NHL 24, you can skate from your goal, up the side (or pass to another player on your team), go by the blue line near the boards, and make a turn towards the AI's net without the AI opposing players even trying to stop you, check you, or poke the check the puck from you. This is on all levels, Pro, All-star and Superstar.

In NHL 23 the AI's opposing players would try and check you, challenged you, or clogged up the middle of the ice. But this doesn't happen in NHL 24. I notice this and stayed in NHL 23 because of it.

Issue 2
Also in NHL 24, sometimes if you hit a button or push forward the shoot or pass stick when you don't have the puck, if you get the puck later, the action happens. It gets frustrating because when you don't have the puck and try and move your stick left or right and go forward in error, when you get the puck a shot or pass happens without meaning it. (using the xbox X controller).

In NHL 23 that didn't happen. If you didn't have the puck and inadverdantly move the stick forward, once you recover the puck it stayed on your stick. You had to time your one-timer.

Issue 3
Get rid of the pressure meter that shows on the ice. Kills immersion. Why not have the crowd get louder to indicate you are gaining or losing pressue on the ice.

NHL 24 was a step backwards, at least go back to that, if that means getting rid of the new play engine in the game, so be it.

Last edited by Snoopy01; 05-07-2024 at 05:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »