Home

FIFA 23 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 23 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-28-2022, 11:48 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 23 OS Community Sliders

Even at 60 (50 Shotspeed) GK seem to struggle with some shots. I had mutiple goals, where the ball just passes by them. I had the feeling, that the animation couldnt keep up. So maybe lowering the shotspeed can be the solution here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2022, 12:14 PM   #42
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spallo
Even at 60 (50 Shotspeed) GK seem to struggle with some shots. I had mutiple goals, where the ball just passes by them. I had the feeling, that the animation couldnt keep up. So maybe lowering the shotspeed can be the solution here.
It's a tough one for me, and also I have to look at the GK ability here. I'm playing in the MLS, so I have William Yarborough. A 69 OVR. So while he should be able to make a pretty standard save at his face without laying down on the ground, he should also get beat by some of the better shots by the better strikers.

Right now, with GK at 55 and shot speed at 50, I haven't really seen goals that I thought "wow, really?" And the games have been mostly 2-1, 1-0, 2-2, etc. But the eye test is what really matters to me. Seeing a goalie get beat on a shot that I feel like my 8 year old could stop (he does play goalie, mind you :P) doesn't give warm fuzzies.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:59 PM   #43
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Here's an example during a game I'm playing where the GK makes a save that I feel is a good representation of what should've been saved, with good pace on the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gnUhcQYcFU
Old 09-28-2022, 02:14 PM   #44
Rookie

supersonician's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I think I would agree with this, even from an aesthetic feeling of shot speed feeling a little sluggish at 48.

I'm testing with 55 GK and 50 shot speed atm.
Yeah I’d second this

I’m playing as Coventry city, the mighty CCFC, and with 48 and 50 the goalies are just letting too many soft goals in.

It’s not awful by any means, but 55 makes sense to me and I’ll test it over the next 24 hours

The general feel though of these sliders is lovely for FUMA
Old 09-28-2022, 02:34 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
It's a tough one for me, and also I have to look at the GK ability here. I'm playing in the MLS, so I have William Yarborough. A 69 OVR. So while he should be able to make a pretty standard save at his face without laying down on the ground, he should also get beat by some of the better shots by the better strikers.

Right now, with GK at 55 and shot speed at 50, I haven't really seen goals that I thought "wow, really?" And the games have been mostly 2-1, 1-0, 2-2, etc. But the eye test is what really matters to me. Seeing a goalie get beat on a shot that I feel like my 8 year old could stop (he does play goalie, mind you :P) doesn't give warm fuzzies.
Nice one - yeah, sounds good to me. I've been on 55 GK as well, with 49 shot speed, but can see that 50 may be the way to go because I've seen a couple times the keeper has made the save then popped right back up to catch the ball in the air. Usually a sign that shot speed is too low, relative to the GK ability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2022, 06:14 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petvas
I play 30/30 but I will reduce it to 20/20 (on normal speed). Acceleration 50/50 for me but I am still experimenting.

I also maybe think that 75/75 for marking is too high. I need to test further though.
PS5 - Slow game speed - World Class difficulty

I personally thought that 75/75 marking wasn't enough as I feel like they werent 'latching on" to their runners well enough. I tried 80 for a game and it improved drastically, maybe could be something we look at testing?

Last edited by Gary1984s; 09-29-2022 at 02:31 AM.
Old 09-28-2022, 06:17 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Welcome:
Welcome to the yearly tradition of the OS Community sliders for FIFA.

FIFA 23 boasts a lot of improvements, from thousands of new animations, to hypermotion2 enhancements that should replicate a true 11v11 match. Unfortunately, this thread would not exist if EA actually delivered, and the front-and-center agenda of FUT being the priority has further enhanced our doubts.

Brief History and Origin:
We have been working on FIFA sliders since FIFA 15 as a community. The goal is always to achieve the closest realism the game gives us.

How we test:
Always in Career Mode. You are investing in sliders for a reason, and most of the time that is to play in Career Mode. So, it only makes sense to test in that same environment. With so many values to be looked at, and those values being in 1 point increments, it is very easy to come up with multiple versions of sliders. We will always test on Default first, then identify the main areas to look at. From there, it's about collaborating and finding workarounds for those problem areas. With sliders, it is always a balancing act, fix one thing - potentially break the next.

Version Format:
This thread moves fast, and versions get updated. My goal is to always make less versions, but we're at the mercy of 1) EA's updates, and 2) Our own curiosity in determining the best values.

Similar to previous three years, I will be using the format in which the Version number is determined first, then a Beta number follows. For example, the first version will be Version 1, Beta 1; so it will read as : "V1B1", and down the road Version 6, Beta 2 will read "V6B2". As soon as it is determined that the version is "final", it will simply, for example, be called Version 6 Final, or "V6Final". I will make sure the OP is updated in a log format, so everyone is on the same page.

Helpful Reminders:
As always, remember that the thread moves very fast. I will do my best to update this Original Post as much as possible. I have learned a lot about how to be the "project manager" of this whole thing, so if I do not respond to every post, it is either because it got lost in the shuffle, or that replying to it would deter the thread from achieving the goal of establishing a slider set.

The Main Rules of the Thread:
1. Do not post your own full set. This deters the entire thread. All slider values are relative to one another, so if we see a value like 30 pass speed with a line length of 70, then that's not relevant to someone using a 50 pass speed with a line length of 35. It's better to leave it out of the thread, and create your own.

2. Feedback in Animation. The Match Stats only give so much information. Telling us the CPU has 99% passing is not helpful. Were they passing the ball through the backline the entire time? Details are important, and throughout the years I have asked for details in animations. What this means is simply "What do you see"? Is the CPU having that high passing because your defending players are too slow? Too far away? Too wide? In the end, VIDEO NEVER LIES, so if you have video to provide - please do so. That will save so much time and less of a Q&A.

3. We are not your customer service. This is a collaboration space. Noone is being paid here by EA. Provide feedback because you want to help, not because you feel entitled to let us do all the hard work and you sit back and criticize.

4. Respect each other. Thankfully, we have not run into this issue as much, but there have been times where it's close. First, regarding myself, I am the project manager here. What that means is I am going for a goal, and discussion about conspiracies, theories or ET is not going to be helpful. Secondly, we all have opinions and some know how to filter them, some do not. There is a message there, so do not get offended if someone disagrees with you. We love the game, and just want what is best for it - so keep it civil!

5. Please keep general impressions in the FIFA impressions thread, not here. This is a solution based thread, and general complaints will be ignored. We understand each iteration of FIFA has issues, what game doesn't, but we are given the tools to find workarounds. Remember, this is a slider thread, which means the sample size of play is significantly increased. Chances are if you are having an issue, we have most likely looked at it.
--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp: 9/27/22 | 11:10 AM CST -- Seeing as there is a lot of negativity with FIFA 23 right now, I wanted to go ahead and provide the base set I was working on from the FIFA 23 Beta. A lot of the beta transferred into the early access/release version, so the turnaround time was a lot quicker. Let me know your thoughts. I've will edit the post and include a brief summary on the values as well. Calling this one Version 1 Beta 1. Enjoy!

Timestamp: 9/27/22 | 9:50 AM CST --

Just starting the thread here. No need to modify some of the welcome info/rules as it hasn't changed. Please read them through if you haven't already.

I do have a set that is pending, and should be posted here tonight or tomorrow. Understood that there may be a day-one patch, so we'll see what comes of everything.

--------

--------

Common Q&A:

--------------------
--------------------
Streamers (Twitch, YouTube, etc): Please message me or post in the thread to be added!
http://twitch.tv/matt10l
- On this one you can type in !fifa_sliders in the chatbox, and the most recently streamed set will show.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Matt10L_SimSnobsFC
https://www.twitch.tv/laxing_
https://www.twitch.tv/Goblue81188
https://www.twitch.tv/Aaron458f
https://www.twitch.tv/Velocityy

--------------------
--------------------
Version Logs:
--------------------

Previous All Versions and Streamed Sets:

--------------------
FIFA OS Sliders Archive:
FIFA 22 OS Sliders
FIFA 21 OS Sliders
FIFA 20 OS Sliders
FIFA 19 OS Sliders
FIFA 18 OS Sliders
FIFA 17 OS Sliders
FIFA 16 OS Sliders
FIFA 15 OS Sliders
--------------------
Thank you Matt for all you do for this community, a set of beta sliders ready to go before official release date what a guy 👏👏👏 Hope you are well mate, can't wait to see what we can come up with for Fifa 23
Old 09-28-2022, 07:15 PM   #48
Rookie

gbsanderson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spallo
Played with the first set on slow (full manual) with an average team (Sheffield Wednesday) and it was way too easy to get the wingers out of position. Either they were way to passive or they just attack in direct pass. In both cases they are completely out of the game and in 50percent of the time you had a pretty clear path to the goal.

On default pace this problem was noticeable too (with sliders) but not nearly as gamebreaking.

Thx for the work Matt - like always
As a Sheff United fan, I just want to say thank you. Sheffield Wednesday and average club in the same sentence lol (although tbh they are worse than average )

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »