Home

FIFA 23 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 23 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-29-2022, 03:46 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 23 OS Community Sliders

can I use the sliders on the PS4 version?
Old 09-29-2022, 04:59 PM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsanderson
As a Sheff United fan, I just want to say thank you. Sheffield Wednesday and average club in the same sentence lol (although tbh they are worse than average )
No problem sir, but I dont get why you would say that - United is playing a division higher. Nevertheless - I would have said the same about them knowing pretty much nothing about lower leagues in England nowadays. I used to be pretty knowledgeable, but that was before I had four little nagging monsters, who want my money, my attention and unfortunately my time

Back to topic:

@Matt
The video you posted has some good things in it, but is looks sluggish as hell to play.

My time is limited so I did no further testing, but as an overall point I would say, that the base of the game is pretty solid this year and should be very good with sliders, if updates dont break smth essential.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:01 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansu_fatismo23
can I use the sliders on the PS4 version?
The community sliders, as I understand it, are esp. for next gen, because the gameplay is, or was at least in 22, a bit different. I stand corrected, if smbd knows more.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:38 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp: 9/29/22 | 4:10 PM CST --

Version 2 is posted below.

The main focus here is to get the congestion in the midfield in a better spot, but more importantly address the flank play. One would think that increasing width would work, but the problem with that is the length was too low to take advantage of the space for those 1v1 battles. Often times the defending winger would tuck in too far and get caught out not helping the fullback, which made it fairly straight forward to beat. Pair that up with a 50/51 acceleration discrepancy in World Class difficulty, and now the challenge is not only on the wings, but in all areas of the pitch.

The last bit of the line settings was establishing the defensive positioning throughout the banks. We have the defensive line needing to meet the attackers, but not constantly in a position where the attackers can just run off them for through balls. In addition, and probably more importantly, there was a need to establish an actual midfield that goes past their own defensive third - rather than drop back in a shell and allow waves of attack. This is why both height and length took a significant bump, and why width was even more important to get under control.

After that was established, we discussed raising GK Ability to 55, which meant shot speed had to get a bump as well so everything can stay in-sync. There are definitely goals still there, and even some more room to raise GK, but overall it's a nice balance of saves and misses. Furthermore, we've increased the error values for shooting which makes for some quality misses and goals. The reward on the goals is quite the feeling.

In terms of overall feel, the games are much more human-like. I say even sloppy at times, which is okay because you can see the players actually putting in an effort to stay engaged. I provided a clip earlier that showed the way players stay engaged throughout. Yes, you may have to be aware of the tucked in look, but it gets wider in the right spots - especially as the transition into attacking third happens.

I'm quite happy with Version 2. I wanted to post this to the thread and public right away. It doesn't look like FIFA 23 out of the box, and it's an improvement on Version 1. Let me know your thoughts as we continue to fine-tune the base set and start to establish the more specific sets.

Enjoy!

Timestamp: 9/29/22 | 1:51 PM CST --

Making progress on Version 2. It's going to be called Version 2 because it's a fairly different from Version 1, and it's fine tuned some of the error values. Stay tuned.

--------

--------
Old 09-29-2022, 05:48 PM   #61
Rookie

Thanks for the update Matt. I saw some videos and they say Slow-paced is broken. Are you still playing on Slow-paced or you're doing normal speed?

Thanks again for this wonderful work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2022, 06:11 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetritH
Thanks for the update Matt. I saw some videos and they say Slow-paced is broken. Are you still playing on Slow-paced or you're doing normal speed?

Thanks again for this wonderful work.
Definitely still playing slow. I'm not sure where the idea of slow being broken came from, or how it was tested. Even on default it seems fine. The main thing I've found, both now and the beta, is that the accelerate feature they added does put a disadvantage on the defender, but with the right combo that doesn't matter as much.

From a controller perspective, I've learned to "pump" the sprint button when I need to get up to speed faster. Also though, the sprint speed lowered evens out the playing field regardless. Overall, no issues at all with slow for me. Anyone can play normal though - they just haven't been tested as thoroughly with them.
Old 09-29-2022, 06:27 PM   #63
Rookie

supersonician's Arena

Amazing. Looking forward to testing v2

I’ve been playing on normal and slow, and the sliders work with both so like last year it just comes down to personal preference really
Old 09-29-2022, 07:23 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Definitely still playing slow. I'm not sure where the idea of slow being broken came from, or how it was tested. Even on default it seems fine. The main thing I've found, both now and the beta, is that the accelerate feature they added does put a disadvantage on the defender, but with the right combo that doesn't matter as much.

From a controller perspective, I've learned to "pump" the sprint button when I need to get up to speed faster. Also though, the sprint speed lowered evens out the playing field regardless. Overall, no issues at all with slow for me. Anyone can play normal though - they just haven't been tested as thoroughly with them.
I just saw some people playing on streams and basically every through ball they were 1 vs 1 with the keeper. They kept saying Slow-paced is broken. I just played my first game with your sliders (slow-paced) and Good God, this is the best fifa I played in years. Finally AI shoot from distance which they didn't last few Fifas. I can finally have a blast in football game. Thanks Matt. I love you for what you do bro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »