Home

EA Sports College Football 25 Includes Heisman Trophy But Not Other Major Awards

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football 25 Includes Heisman Trophy But Not Other Major Awards within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2024, 07:39 AM   #25
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Includes Heisman Trophy But Not Other Major Awards

Just for clarity, CLC is partnered with the NCAA. The NCAA asks that all inquirers go to CLC for licensing agreements on their website. So, while this game isn’t called NCAA, CLC is directly affiliated with them so I think EA has to have some kind of agreement with them considering they used CLC for all of the school licenses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2024, 09:01 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Includes Heisman Trophy But Not Other Major Awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Just for clarity, CLC is partnered with the NCAA. The NCAA asks that all inquirers go to CLC for licensing agreements on their website. So, while this game isn’t called NCAA, CLC is directly affiliated with them so I think EA has to have some kind of agreement with them considering they used CLC for all of the school licenses.
I wouldn't agree that fully. The NCAA is mainly the governing body. It would be one thing If the NCAA owned the CLC. NCAA has partnered with both the CLC and OneTeam. I think it was a situation where EA could just negotiate individually with the companies and everything was okay like they did when they dropped the Fifa License. I think the issue with NCAA and EA was that EA didn't renew the license and NCAA was still against NIL around 2020-21 when the game was announced to come back. So, in order for EA to go forward with this game and figure out NIL, they had to go without NCAA. But, there's probably less animosity with NCAA than they have with Fifa(which was about money). Though I do think the NCFAA is more associated with the NCAA, which is why they couldnt get awards in. I feel if EA can't do something it's because the schools don't want it in, not the NCAA

I think College Basketball would be the bigger issue because NCAA is more associated/owns the brand of March Madness compared to the CFP and other entities.
Old 03-11-2024, 12:18 PM   #27
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15

Should of found a way to get this done but yawn if it is not in there
Old 03-11-2024, 01:38 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

EA Sports College Football 25 will feature the Heisman Trophy for the most outstanding player in...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
It would be so dope if they were able to allow editing for these awards but prolly not.

Either way, its fine by me.. "immersion breakers" are goin to be everywhere.

its a video game, we will enjoy
Old 03-11-2024, 05:25 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Old 03-11-2024, 10:55 PM   #30
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I expect all the major named bowls to be in. No reason to opt out of a branding opportunity. Which is why its that much sillier for Arch Manning and the awards to opt out lol.
Old 03-11-2024, 11:28 PM   #31
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Will Not Include Top Awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
That's what I'm getting at. From our outside perspective, it looks like EA Sports should have a little more free reign to include what they want. But, I'm sure that when schools agreed to be included into the game, they wanted assurances that certain things weren't depicted. So, I don't think we'll see discipline in the game because that's still something that spotlights a negative aspect of the game. I do think we'll see Dynamic Crowds.

I do wonder if we'll see something like Custom Fan Signs. I could see the NCAA rejecting that in the past. But, as long as they find a way go prevent gamers from being too vulgar, I don't think the schools would ban it like the NCAA might have.

It's been said how the NFL didn't want dynamic crowds or specific create a team features, so EA not having to deal with the NCAA could allow them to be more customizable.

Oh man I would love dynamic crowds. Relatively small thing and obviously doesn’t affect the on field play, but the visual immersion impact is huge. Wish all sports games had this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2024, 12:45 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
I expect all the major named bowls to be in. No reason to opt out of a branding opportunity. Which is why its that much sillier for Arch Manning and the awards to opt out lol.

i was just gonna ask if all bowl games,(or most) will be in.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »