Home

Xbox Series (X/S)

This is a discussion on Xbox Series (X/S) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-11-2023, 01:59 PM   #1169
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
Well, this completely goes against my love for open world games, but I just picked up the digital deluxe version of Dead Space for $7.99

Hard to pass up a great sale...

Almost forgot the best part, used rewards points, so basically a free game, just for clicking a few things here and there..lol
Dead Space isn't really that open world IMO. I played the remake on Game Pass and it was awesome. It's pretty on rails, you can kinda go in different directions but there isn't many options. You'll have fun
Old 12-11-2023, 06:08 PM   #1170
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Dead Space isn't really that open world IMO. I played the remake on Game Pass and it was awesome. It's pretty on rails, you can kinda go in different directions but there isn't many options. You'll have fun
I know it isn't open world, never said it was...I only mentioned I went away from the goodness of open world for a great deal.

I had already played the original Dead Space so I knew exactly what to expect.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 12-14-2023, 06:48 PM   #1171
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

In case anybody's interested, Far Cry 6 is now available on GP.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2023, 12:22 PM   #1172
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
In case anybody's interested, Far Cry 6 is now available on GP.
I'm enjoying it! Sorry for misreading your comment earlier too...

Side note i've been noticing, with Sony struggling with Destiny 2, the issues with the KOTOR remake, and now cancelling TLOU online game, are they somewhat being the "new xbox" given MS had a streak of issues with games going on? MS definitely seems past that now for sure.
Old 12-15-2023, 12:28 PM   #1173
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
I'm enjoying it! Sorry for misreading your comment earlier too...

Side note i've been noticing, with Sony struggling with Destiny 2, the issues with the KOTOR remake, and now cancelling TLOU online game, are they somewhat being the "new xbox" given MS had a streak of issues with games going on? MS definitely seems past that now for sure.
It's all good

I've been reading a lot of different stuff from the "other side", and without going into specifics, it ain't all roses and puppy dogs with a certain group.
Quote:
Old 12-16-2023, 10:01 PM   #1174
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:

Bungie seems to be an internal disaster where Sony Corp. may actually take them over in regards to who's on the board of directors if Bungie can't hit their future monetary targets which seeing them come up short by 45%, I believe Sony will fully own and control them sooner rather than later. I really don't know how Bungie can miscalculate their monetary targets by 45%. That's insane to me.

KOTOR Remake seems to have been completely dropped by Sony and most likely Embracer Group which is going through their own major money issues. Disney/Lucas recently said that there's massive interest in the game itself so im assuming that they're shopping it around to other publishers.

I'm hoping that Microsoft somehow grabs it but only if a studio they own truly wants to do it and is free to do so. KOTOR Remake with current generation visuals and a combat system similar to Final Fantasy VII Remake/Rebirth I think would be amazing.

I personally believe that TLOU Online should have been added to TLOUP3 like the original 2013 game and if it "hits", then you create a team to support it with content and updates for years to come. I have always looked at this game as one of the two "hits" that you could say would be as close to guaranteed as possible. The other I believe is NC Soft's Horizon Monster Hunter stylized MMO.

As for Microsoft, last generation was obviously where they had all their issues. This generation, they've nailed almost everything despite starting the generation very slow but it doesn't matter how you start, it matters how you finish and in this regard, the roadmap that Microsoft has right now of announced games is insane when you go back just 5+ years ago.

The main difference between Microsoft and Sony is that Microsoft is doing everything. Console gaming, PC, cloud, getting ready to probably have their own mobile store front, recently hired an executive from Sony which will strengthen their brand in Japan. Microsoft is literally leaving no stone unturned.

Also, Microsoft has what Sony wants to have - successful live service games that bring in massive recurring revenue and profit. Sony in my opinion needs to sacrifice the MC/OC scores and just get some live service games out the door because while majority will flop, they only need one to take off.

But they don't stick with it. I look at Microsoft with Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 having massive player counts 5 1/2 years later to where at launch they were under 70 rated games but now, they would be considered in the mid-80's at the very least because of all the extra content and updates that's been added to them over the years.

Also, Microsoft is ramping up their shows/events. They have their Showcase in June, they go to Gamescom, Tokyo Game Show, The Game Awards and have their own third party partner preview and their own first party developer direct which im fully expecting to happen again in late January.

Showing some combat in Hellblade 2 along with Overdose (OD) from Kojima and announcing Marvel's Blade at The Game Awards just increases Microsoft's momentum going into 2024.

Obviously, im loving what Microsoft is doing overall. They're not perfect but man, compared to pre-E3 2018, they're as close to perfect as you could get. The Xbox generation has been great for me thus far and will only get better as the years progress.

Last edited by peter42O; 12-16-2023 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-22-2023, 11:36 PM   #1175

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I have paid literally zero attention to what exclusives are out there for the "X" and are worth playing but recently landed a Series X for free so dipping my toes into the Xbox waters for the first time since the 360, what exclusive games would y'all recommend?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2023, 10:20 AM   #1176
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Starfield. Basically the only exclusive Xbox have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »