Home

Xbox Series (X/S)

This is a discussion on Xbox Series (X/S) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-14-2024, 05:08 PM   #1201
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Having this podcast on a Friday is interesting as that’s usually when corporations give bad news.
Quick clarification that it's on a Thursday, noon Pacific time. That might be Friday in New Zealand though.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2024, 11:29 PM   #1202
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Quick clarification that it's on a Thursday, noon Pacific time. That might be Friday in New Zealand though.

Yeah you’re right. Idk why I thought it was Friday lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 02-15-2024, 09:15 AM   #1203
Pro

OVR: 0

I'm expecting this to be a soft launch into MS as a 3rd party. Gamepass subscriptions have plateaued. Their hardware is in a distant third. You can't get people to play your games on gamepass if people aren't buying your hardware so you've got to do something. They've invested billions into these acquisitions with little to show for it to date. With the cost to make games these days and MS committing to putting their 1st party stuff on gamepass day 1, I just don't see how they don't go third party. They may release another Xbox, but I suspect it will be different from what we have seen in the past.

As another poster said, the company that is in a distant 3rd in the current console landscape is unlikely to dictate what they future of the console landscape is. Microsoft has some interesting ideas with the cloud and what not, but I'm not really sure those ideas are going to be implemented in a way that would give them a first mover advantage. Stadia tried cloud gaming and it was a flop. Microsoft has better resources and brand recognition to make it work, but I don't think the market is prepared for it.

Whatever Microsoft does I hope they succeed. They've been my console of choice since the 360 days and the 360 is my favorite console of all time. But I'd be lying if I didn't admit I have gotten tired of Phil saying "we here you and we're listening" without much coming from it.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2024, 09:52 AM   #1204
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

For all the rumors surrounding MS plans and the podcast today, it's looks like Sony is essentially going the same route....

Quote:
Sony President Hiroki Totoki says he wants to go aggressive in improving margins by growing 1st party with multi-platform #PlayStation

“In the past, we wanted to popularize console and the 1st party titles' main purpose was to make the console popular. It is true, but there is a synergy to it. So if you have strong first party content, not only with our console but also other platforms like computers, 1st party can be grown with multiplatform and that can help operating profit to improve. So that is another one we want to proactively work on.

I personally think there are opportunities out there for improvement of margins, so I would like to go aggressive in improving our margin performance.” - Hiroki Totoki

https://twitter.com/genki_jpn/status...43775336825075
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 02-15-2024, 10:37 AM   #1205
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't think the story is what 1st-party exclusives will go to either console. What I'm wondering is, will MS offer PSNow on their ecosystems? Is Sony hinting game pass on theirs. Everyone is sharing now where it's easier to market. Apple, will soon have game pass for their systems. Maybe I'm crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2024, 03:18 PM   #1206
MVP

zello144's Arena

Old 02-15-2024, 04:02 PM   #1207
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

I feel like that could have just been a press release and not a podcast.

NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 02-15-2024, 04:35 PM   #1208
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
I feel like that could have just been a press release and not a podcast.

Yeah overall it's a big nothing burger. I think they are more or less leaving the door open to other games going to other platforms in the future, but who knows. Whole lot of nothing.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »