Home

Xbox Series (X/S)

This is a discussion on Xbox Series (X/S) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-23-2023, 01:33 PM   #1177
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I have paid literally zero attention to what exclusives are out there for the "X" and are worth playing but recently landed a Series X for free so dipping my toes into the Xbox waters for the first time since the 360, what exclusive games would y'all recommend?
Depends on what you're looking for Chef...

Racing
Forza Horizon 4-5
Forza motorsport

Shooter
Halo infinite

Also you can throw in Hi-Fi Rush, and has already been mentioned Starfield.

In 2024 the big one that comes to mind is Hellblade 2.

The best thing I would say is get Gamepass (you don't need ultimate) core is $9.99 and Gamepass console is $10.99. With core you can play online, but don't get day 1 releases, while with console you get day 1 releases but with no MP.
I'm sure I'm probably forgetting some, but hopefully this will give you something to go by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Starfield. Basically the only exclusive Xbox have.
Completely wrong....
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 12-23-2023, 04:11 PM   #1178

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
Depends on what you're looking for Chef...

Racing
Forza Horizon 4-5
Forza motorsport

Shooter
Halo infinite

Also you can throw in Hi-Fi Rush, and has already been mentioned Starfield.

In 2024 the big one that comes to mind is Hellblade 2.

The best thing I would say is get Gamepass (you don't need ultimate) core is $9.99 and Gamepass console is $10.99. With core you can play online, but don't get day 1 releases, while with console you get day 1 releases but with no MP.
I'm sure I'm probably forgetting some, but hopefully this will give you something to go by.
All good information, appreciate it. I don't play online so Gamepass Console seems like the better fit. I'm going to grab Halo as I havent played a single one since the 360, probably dabble with Forza but racing games arent of huge interest. I will look into the ones mentioned, I assume the system is backwards compatible and can grab games that I didnt play on the Xbox One as well but haven't even researched that so could be totally wrong.
Old 12-23-2023, 04:23 PM   #1179
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
All good information, appreciate it. I don't play online so Gamepass Console seems like the better fit. I'm going to grab Halo as I havent played a single one since the 360, probably dabble with Forza but racing games arent of huge interest. I will look into the ones mentioned, I assume the system is backwards compatible and can grab games that I didnt play on the Xbox One as well but haven't even researched that so could be totally wrong.
I have Gamepass console as I quit playing online, but I'm still able to get day 1 releases, so it works out better for me, hopefully you'll enjoy that as well.

Also yes, the system is backwards compatible, so you should hopefully be able to find something that appeals to ya...
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 12-23-2023, 10:14 PM   #1180
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
I have paid literally zero attention to what exclusives are out there for the "X" and are worth playing but recently landed a Series X for free so dipping my toes into the Xbox waters for the first time since the 360, what exclusive games would y'all recommend?

I have completed the following Xbox Series console exclusives -

1. Halo Infinite (campaign only) - 9.5/10

Never played Halo until Infinite and I loved it. The side content is meh but the main story is really good. Soundtrack is great and the gunplay/shooting mechanics felt great to play. Visuals are good but I do want to see 343 go back to what Halo 4 looked like on 360 which I saw on YouTube and considering that it's a decade or so old, looks amazing. Really enjoyed the story and characters the most.

2. Hi Fi Rush - 8.5/10

Hi Fi is such a great third person action adventure rhythm based platformer and came out of nowhere. Such a great game. Really enjoyed it and hoping for a sequel.

3. Gears Tactics - 8.0/10

If you like turn based strategy RPG's, this one is pretty good. Good combat system and really good story and characters. Looks pretty good as well.

4. Redfall - 6.0/10

I like the idea and concept but the execution is horrible. Empty, bland, boring, etc. Horrible story/characters, cut scenes, dialogue, etc. Art style was nice but not visually impressive. I did like having to kill the vampires by draining their health bar and then running up to them and staking them in the heart. Good mechanic in my opinion but everything else is worth skipping.

Have played over 150 hours of Starfield and I can easily say that for me, it's my 2023 game of the year and current game of the generation. Can't wait to get back to it when my 17 day vacation starts on January 5th.

Starfield is similar to Halo Infinite for me in that outside of two hours or so in Fallout 4 (which I hated), I never truly played a BGS game until Starfield and I love it. Like 343 with Halo Infinite, BGS won me over with Starfield.

And while it's been said, Game Pass is excellent. So many great games to play. I'm not someone who stays subscribed to Game Pass but I do subscribe for a month when there's a day one Game Pass game that I want to play with the most recent being Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name.

Regardless of what games you play, I hope you have fun and enjoy the games you do play!!!
Old 12-23-2023, 11:53 PM   #1181
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
I have completed the following Xbox Series console exclusives -

1. Halo Infinite (campaign only) - 9.5/10

Never played Halo until Infinite and I loved it. The side content is meh but the main story is really good. Soundtrack is great and the gunplay/shooting mechanics felt great to play. Visuals are good but I do want to see 343 go back to what Halo 4 looked like on 360 which I saw on YouTube and considering that it's a decade or so old, looks amazing. Really enjoyed the story and characters the most.

2. Hi Fi Rush - 8.5/10

Hi Fi is such a great third person action adventure rhythm based platformer and came out of nowhere. Such a great game. Really enjoyed it and hoping for a sequel.

3. Gears Tactics - 8.0/10

If you like turn based strategy RPG's, this one is pretty good. Good combat system and really good story and characters. Looks pretty good as well.

4. Redfall - 6.0/10

I like the idea and concept but the execution is horrible. Empty, bland, boring, etc. Horrible story/characters, cut scenes, dialogue, etc. Art style was nice but not visually impressive. I did like having to kill the vampires by draining their health bar and then running up to them and staking them in the heart. Good mechanic in my opinion but everything else is worth skipping.

Have played over 150 hours of Starfield and I can easily say that for me, it's my 2023 game of the year and current game of the generation. Can't wait to get back to it when my 17 day vacation starts on January 5th.

Starfield is similar to Halo Infinite for me in that outside of two hours or so in Fallout 4 (which I hated), I never truly played a BGS game until Starfield and I love it. Like 343 with Halo Infinite, BGS won me over with Starfield.

And while it's been said, Game Pass is excellent. So many great games to play. I'm not someone who stays subscribed to Game Pass but I do subscribe for a month when there's a day one Game Pass game that I want to play with the most recent being Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name.

Regardless of what games you play, I hope you have fun and enjoy the games you do play!!!
Damn, I can't believe I forgot about Gears, great games as well.
Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2023, 01:11 AM   #1182
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
Damn, I can't believe I forgot about Gears, great games as well.

And you just made me remember Gears 5: Hivebusters which is more action packed and linear than the base game of Gears 5. Really enjoyed Hivebusters and im hoping that after The Coalition wraps up Kait's story line in Gears 6 that they do a new trilogy with the characters from Hivebusters. I also wish that they would do a Gears survival horror game with Gabe Diaz (lead in Tactics) as the protagonist. Pure single player, fully solo survival horror in the Gears universe.
Old 01-20-2024, 06:44 PM   #1183
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Mestivo or anyone with a quest vr headset comment on how the game pass streaming is on it? Can you do the remote play or is it just cloud gaming? Wondering how comfortable it is vs just gaming on phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2024, 01:50 AM   #1184
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

The streaming is great, I haven't tried any remote play stuff, not sure if that's a thing.

https://www.threads.net/@m4chetecoll...st/C2YrvrdsQvF

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »