Home

Old 06-29-2016, 02:19 PM   #65
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: PS VR

This past Saturday we struck out when attending the demo at our local Gamestop when their subcontractor decided to pull a now-show. The manager got us a rescheduled event for today with the Sony District Manager, so my son and I came back to test VR!

I found the headset to be comfortable and not heavy at all. The bundle will come with 2 ear pieces when sold so those who have a headset are ahead of the game. Only issue I had was that my glasses started to fog up from the intensity of some of the battles, but my glasses did not interfere with the headset which is adjustable.

I got to test 3 games. Valkyrie, London Heist, and Battlezone. As others have said, the immersion is incredible. You actually feel as if you're in a cockpit, or the drivers seat. In London Heist you're looking over your left shoulder to see outside your car window which is just amazing. The dashboard is laid out in front of you, the dude in the passenger seat next to you. Heck, you look behind and you see your seat. The general feel is that there isn't that many games. The Sony rep assured us that there will be at least 50 games ready for launch with more on the way. Each individual that went through thoroughly enjoyed it and wanted one.

Was I impressed? Hell yes. I play War Thunder religiously. War Thunder is one of the games being prepped for launch. The idea of looking to my left and down out of my cockpit and watching a destroyer burn from a torpedo I released has me salivating. Future thoughts? Taking the field as a Super Bowl coach, taking a lead from 1st getting set for the steal, hitting 3's from the parameter, or delivering a bone-crushing hit against the boards???? Good gracious!

Some General Info

- Sony District Manager told me that Best Buy is "gearing up", (his words) next month for pre-orders.

- Hello Games have the VR headsets at their studio so take that however you wish.

- Children have to be at least 12 yrs of age to test the VR demo.

- Yes they do clean the headsets before each person tries it on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2016, 02:34 PM   #66
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Nice rundown!

Getting more and more excited.

Imagine stepping into the batters box with a Move controller in MLB The Show, reading signs from your 3rd base coach in RttS!

You know, No Man's Sky is coming for it, the game just screams PSVR. I am even more pumped for the travel/exploration experiences (almost more so than games).

From their current financial report...

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 06-29-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #67
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah, I'd be very interested in watching sporting events in VR from different perspectives in the field, and some other non-gaming applications.

I believe officially it's 50 titles by the end of the year, not at launch. That's a number of titles between October and the end of the year though for sure. With almost 300 titles available for SteamVR I'm sure a number of those could be ported over too.

More headsets are coming too, Razer has a $400 upgradeable unit that looks nice, and made to work with existing controllers. Exciting product, and the explosive growth of this niche continues.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:36 PM   #68
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Man VR with PS Vue would be amazing
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 06-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #69
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

I really enjoyed my demo today. I definitely recommend those who have some interest to test it out. Every Sat. and Sun this summer.

With that said, I have a great idea for sports developers who maybe lurking in our threads. Coach Mode. Create a VR coach/owner/fan (experiences) where the stadium, arena, field, event becomes alive! Put us in MOM. Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, Wrestling, Boxing and bring me Horse Racing too, so I can train my hopeful champion! Then when the headset becomes wireless. Expand Bigger. Then Bigger......Then

Eager to see GT or Cars. Judging from what I experienced today, looks like I'm going to have to invest in a VR wheel.!?!

I wonder if Farpoint (VR exclusive) is going to be released this year with the NEO. It's a AAA title that shows promise. I added it to the 1st page if anyone is interested in the trailer along some others.

Last edited by Picci; 06-29-2016 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Added Farpoint Trailer in E3 Introductions page 1
Old 06-30-2016, 06:49 AM   #70
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

I am very interested in Farpoint (and people have been giving positive impressions of it who have tried it at E3). Sci-fi/fantasy will be my main go to gaming titles in VR next to racing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2016, 10:33 AM   #71
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

LOL, I went to order from GameStop, and before I could check out, it was taken out of my cart and was then "unavailable". Screw you too, GameStop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2016, 08:35 PM   #72
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Best Buy Sony VR demo. First impression with any VR setup. Comfortable fit. Note: I voluntarily called it quits after about 5 minutes. High expectations but not as impressed as I thought. It felt pretty much like a 3D flat screen position right in front of your face. Kind of like the Samsung VR headset. Was hoping it would be more immersive with respect to peripheral vision.

My recollection is shoddy right now, but maybe if the screen was curved to allow for more peripheral vision without having to turn your head as much, I would have been more impressed. Reason why I don't play first person shooters is that lack peripheral vision. Tunnel vision simply doesn't feel natural, and makes first person shooters difficult. PS4 VR tilt your head from left to right, up and down, diagonal directions, works as expected just as you are in the real world.

Hoping the PS4 VR would be the key to get me to play first person shooters. Even though I wasn't as impressed however, the PS4 VR or any equivalent will be the only way I would ever consider diving into a first person shooter; physically moving your head to coordinate my vision obviously feels more natural than using analog sticks.

Will give it a second test run whenever I get a chance. Walked away with some nice PS4 VR pens and a keychain. Loving the pens because it works as an ipad stylus. I needed to get a stylus anyways.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »