Home

Old 07-08-2016, 08:28 PM   #81
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: PS VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I am okay with these tentative prices so far, considering GCU/Prime 20% off, as well as how fast games drop where you don't feel as pressed for 'day one' anymore, unless it is 'that game'.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
GCU has saved me so much $ that I could pay full price and still be ahead for a while. I just hope it doesn't take long to get my hands on the actual system.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2016, 09:33 PM   #82
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
GCU has saved me so much $ that I could pay full price and still be ahead for a while. I just hope it doesn't take long to get my hands on the actual system.
Same. I got mine for free when it was $120 a year and a half ago (the $6 sim card deal), but now that it is $30 I am most definitely renewing. Pays for itself in practically one transaction with the $10 pre-order rewards.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:54 PM   #83
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Same. I got mine for free when it was $120 a year and a half ago (the $6 sim card deal), but now that it is $30 I am most definitely renewing. Pays for itself in practically one transaction with the $10 pre-order rewards.

Same here. Good through 2018 lol.. what a deal that was.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-10-2016, 01:02 PM   #84
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

If any of you plan on using any of the gun adapters for the move controller for VR stuff, I'd suggest you get what you want now before stores like GS etc.. jack prices up.
I still have a couple hand gun things as well as the best gun IMO , the PS Sharpshooter which you can get used for 10.00 (less if member)

I'm assuming they will work fine for VR since it's just a different way to hold the controller.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-10-2016, 06:29 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 0

GCU is still the best value for gaming in my opinion. Just looking at the games im buying that has the $10 pre-order reward cert for the rest of 2016, I'll be getting at least $40 (Mafia III, Gears of War 4, Battlefield 1 and COD: IW) back. Granted, this has nothing really to do with PSVR but you can always put that reward certs towards the PSVR or PSVR games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2016, 07:43 AM   #86
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Went ahead and reserved the charging station. At least I'll have all the extras as I'm sure I'll miss out on day 1 VR's..

Spoiler

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-11-2016, 08:39 AM   #87
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
If any of you plan on using any of the gun adapters for the move controller for VR stuff, I'd suggest you get what you want now before stores like GS etc.. jack prices up.
I still have a couple hand gun things as well as the best gun IMO , the PS Sharpshooter which you can get used for 10.00 (less if member)

I'm assuming they will work fine for VR since it's just a different way to hold the controller.
The sharpshooter can be found cheap, so it's not a big deal to pick up, but the VR gun controller they have is different. It's not just a move controller holder, it's a standalone controller more like a reconfigured DS4. It's also not compatible with the sharpshooter, so I'm not entirely sure how common sharpshooter support will be. I know they've shown some early demos with the sharpshooter, but that game where you are the astronaut that they've been showing with the new gun controller you can only use the new gun or a DS4, no move support at all.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:45 AM   #88
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns11
The sharpshooter can be found cheap, so it's not a big deal to pick up, but the VR gun controller they have is different. It's not just a move controller holder, it's a standalone controller more like a reconfigured DS4. It's also not compatible with the sharpshooter, so I'm not entirely sure how common sharpshooter support will be. I know they've shown some early demos with the sharpshooter, but that game where you are the astronaut that they've been showing with the new gun controller you can only use the new gun or a DS4, no move support at all.
I thought the MOVE controller was supposed to be the main controller (And if so it won't take long for the "get it cheap" to go away IMO)

First I've heard of yet another part (The VR gun) you may need for VR.
Hopefully it's just an option and you can still use the MOVE controller for everything.

EDIT: You mean this thing? I have seen it and forgot about it.
Spoiler

Thanks for the reminder though as IF that is a "Have to have" then I guess I'll try and pre-order one when I can...

Oh well... I always bite so guess this thing will cost me more in the long run than what I was planning... but again HOPEFULLY the move can be used for all things also and these other things are just optional.. (mainly because I already own everything except the charge station)
We'll see...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 07-11-2016 at 10:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »