Home

Old 07-07-2016, 04:24 AM   #73
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: PS VR

Does anybody know if Target will be doing preorders for this. I wanna use my Target card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2016, 01:13 PM   #74
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

PSVR games looking kinda pricey (Best Buy starting to list them), Batman is $20 (thought it was said this was more of a 1 hour experience?), Playstation VR Worlds (I kinda thought this was going to be the pack-in title - edit: it is, in the $500 launch edition) is $40, Rigs is $50.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/batman-a...&skuId=5495353

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/playstat...&skuId=5492404
Old 07-08-2016, 01:38 PM   #75
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

How cheap did you expect them? I guess they are right in line where I thought they would be. I have the $500 bundle which is still the best deal overall IMO.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2016, 01:53 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
PS VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
How cheap did you expect them? I guess they are right in line where I thought they would be. I have the $500 bundle which is still the best deal overall IMO.

Yep I expected them to be similar to regular games. So around $60, with the odd one that is new at $40.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:08 PM   #77
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer

I'm not sure tbh, maybe just some sticker shock? I've got over a dozen games for my Vive that in total were probably less than buying a copy of Rigs. I haven't bought anything for $20 or more (though some that I've bought on sale are listed a little higher).

Just feels like a bit of a markup, ~50 titles at these price points by the end of the year will make it very expensive to have a meaningful library soon after release is all, though they haven't indicated how many of those will be less expensive PSN releases.

The most expensive of the 322 Vive-compatible titles released is $39, and there are only 2 of those. Granted I paid $799 for my kit, but it's not like the games adjust for that.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:32 PM   #78
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Well, for War Thunder which is on my WANT list, all I'm going to need is a patch/update from Gaijin.

Although this is a report from someone testing VR with Oculus, the similarities with PSVR should be very similar. Early reports are positive with very little bugs encountered. Wonder if my wife will think I'm crazy wanting this setup? I can almost see the Akagi, Kaga, Soryu and Hiryu at Midway!

Old 07-08-2016, 03:36 PM   #79
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Yeah, I'm due to give that a try again, especially since it has VR support. Whenever you post about it I get excited to give it another shot, then quickly remember I suck at it and quit just as quickly.

Good video, glad they've put a lot of thought into the VR support, compensating for the lower resolution w/ visual cues on distant planes for example.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:22 PM   #80
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

I am okay with these tentative prices so far, considering GCU/Prime 20% off, as well as how fast games drop where you don't feel as pressed for 'day one' anymore, unless it is 'that game'.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »