Home

HYPE/DC & Co - WWE 2K22 Attributes

This is a discussion on HYPE/DC & Co - WWE 2K22 Attributes within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-31-2022, 03:27 PM   #73
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: HYPE/DC & Co - WWE 2K22 Attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
See a lot of complaints regarding kick-outs. I think this stems from a misunderstanding of how the damage/pin system works.

It's not just "Oh he hit a finisher, therefore the match should be over", or "Ok, he hit two finishers in a row, the match is DEFINITELY over". People need to remember this is still a video game, and pro wrestling logic doesn't really factor in to the programming at that specific of a level.

To put it simply, to secure a pinfall you typically need the opponent to have low/no vitality (black bar, not green or orange, the shorter the bar the better) and preferably in a STUNNED state during the pin. Take note of how easy/difficult it is to wear down your opponent's vitality and adjust sliders accordingly.

Best case scenario would be 2K adds back the slider for finisher damage scaling so we can have true control over gameplay and make "pro wrestling logic" have more of a hand in the outcome than typical "fighting game logic".
That is the main issue here.. they removed the slider and now.. a finisher or a dropkick could end the match. Idk how we can get 2K to add this back if at all possible.
Old 03-31-2022, 09:16 PM   #74
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Alright, looks like we don't necessarily NEED 2K to patch back in the Finisher damage slider (though it would still be a huge help if they did). You can make the AI less likely to kick out simply by decreasing the AI Damage Difficulty Scaling slider. This slider controls how much "health" the AI has (or simply, how much damage they take), with lower values equaling lower health/more damage taken from moves.

Just did a couple test matches using Reigns against CPU Daivari on Legend difficulty with Sig and Finisher meters set to Fast. With AIDDS slider at 100, my moves barely did any damage to Daivari, and the Superman Punch + Spear + Jackhammer pin combo barely got a two count. Daivari's health was still in the orange at about 75% full and the black health bar was still 100% full. Did the same setup but with AIDDS at 0, and every move took huge chunks out of Daivari's health, and a quick Superman Punch + Spear + Jackhammer pin combo got the 3 count and had his health completely black (no green or orange) and the black bar was already at 50% depleted.
Old 04-01-2022, 02:22 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Once again thank you guys for all your hard work. I’ve been using your system for a while and it’s flawless. I know y’all are busy but was wondering if you were planning to update the NXT parts to show more current wrestlers at some point
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2022, 07:46 AM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Alright, looks like we don't necessarily NEED 2K to patch back in the Finisher damage slider (though it would still be a huge help if they did). You can make the AI less likely to kick out simply by decreasing the AI Damage Difficulty Scaling slider. This slider controls how much "health" the AI has (or simply, how much damage they take), with lower values equaling lower health/more damage taken from moves.

Just did a couple test matches using Reigns against CPU Daivari on Legend difficulty with Sig and Finisher meters set to Fast. With AIDDS slider at 100, my moves barely did any damage to Daivari, and the Superman Punch + Spear + Jackhammer pin combo barely got a two count. Daivari's health was still in the orange at about 75% full and the black health bar was still 100% full. Did the same setup but with AIDDS at 0, and every move took huge chunks out of Daivari's health, and a quick Superman Punch + Spear + Jackhammer pin combo got the 3 count and had his health completely black (no green or orange) and the black bar was already at 50% depleted.
And what happens if you play with Reigns against e.g. Lesnar with these settings? Does he still have a chance or gets squashed like Daivari?
Old 04-01-2022, 10:07 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
What difficulty are you playing on and what is your AI DAMAGE SCALING slider set to?
im playing on Legend, with damage scaling at 50. i know your sliders recommended Normal difficulty.... but normal it was just so incredibly easy. ill try it your way though if you think itll work better
Old 04-02-2022, 05:54 AM   #78
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova972
And what happens if you play with Reigns against e.g. Lesnar with these settings? Does he still have a chance or gets squashed like Daivari?
Lesnar is still a beast with these settings. Both he and Reigns will typically kick out of one finisher even with AI Damage Scaling at 0. But I wouldn't recommend putting the AIDDS to 0 unless you really want to make sure the first finisher does the trick. I'd stick closer to 50 and make adjustments based off the matchup, type of match you want (weekly show vs. PPV main event, for example), etc. Like if you want to use Lesnar and just demolish the opponent, set the damage scaling to 0. If you want a decent Raw/Smackdown midcard match without needing multiple finishers, go 25. If you want to use someone at the top of the card and have a challenging match against another top opponent, put it near 75. If you want to have the type of match where you know the AI needs to kick out of 2 or 3 finishers, go 100.

The main way to up the difficulty is to turn off Reversal Prompts and set the user reversal windows as low as possible without frustrating yourself. I play with them at 0, but I know that not everyone will enjoy that.

I also like to play the game using "wrestling logic" to tell a story in the ring. You don't HAVE to try and reverse everything like it's some sort of fighting game. We all know wrestling matches don't play out that way IRL. There's some back and forth at the beginning and at the end, but the middle is typically X minutes of one person dominating, followed by X minutes of the other wrestler mounting a come back. If a reversal doesn't make sense to you in the flow of the match, then just... don't attempt a reversal. If you're incredibly good at the Rapid pin mini-game and know you can kick out of even 5 straight F5s, you can just... not kick out if it doesn't make sense for your wrestler to kick out at that point.

I'm not saying to script your matches and pre-determine the outcome, but it's ok to tell yourself "Ok, if X superstar did that sequence of moves/finishers the match would definitely be over", then just let the match be over. Hell, you could set the AI Damage Scaling to 0 and manually kick them out (d-pad UP) if that's how you want your match to go, knowing that if you hit your finisher a second time then it's over but if they mount a comeback you might lose as well. Basically, treat the game like a wrestling game and not a fighting game, and your enjoyment should sky-rocket.
Old 04-02-2022, 09:55 AM   #79
Rookie

Following up on the reply right before me, this has been my suspicion (neither good or bad) as to all of the kickout frustration and complaints: they're trying to quickly win the match, as opposed to "having a good match." Which, I can totally sympathize with the complaint if that's the goal.

On the other hand, I play on Hard with AI Damage Scaling at 75/100 and have rarely (unless I "planned it") had people kick out of finishers regardless of who I'm using. But I'm an Attitude Era kid when finishers still meant something lol, so I'm not even trying one until 10ish minutes into a match, or longer, and I'm looking to end it for story purposes.

(I also use my own attributes for the roster, and I lowered Recovery across the board)

Also, I thought the AI damage scaling was how much damage the AI does to *you.* And then the vitality & stamina regen stuff affected the AI's "defense." Hm. I'll have to play around with the settings some more.
Old 04-02-2022, 06:50 PM   #80
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcinty11
Following up on the reply right before me, this has been my suspicion (neither good or bad) as to all of the kickout frustration and complaints: they're trying to quickly win the match, as opposed to "having a good match." Which, I can totally sympathize with the complaint if that's the goal.

On the other hand, I play on Hard with AI Damage Scaling at 75/100 and have rarely (unless I "planned it") had people kick out of finishers regardless of who I'm using. But I'm an Attitude Era kid when finishers still meant something lol, so I'm not even trying one until 10ish minutes into a match, or longer, and I'm looking to end it for story purposes.

(I also use my own attributes for the roster, and I lowered Recovery across the board)

Also, I thought the AI damage scaling was how much damage the AI does to *you.* And then the vitality & stamina regen stuff affected the AI's "defense." Hm. I'll have to play around with the settings some more.
Yea the main factor causing all these multiple-kickouts is playing on Legendary difficulty. I honestly haven't played around on Hard too much to test out the AI differences, but I have played enough to know that matches end more realistically on Hard than they do on Legendary. In the end it might just come down to using Hard on the weekly shows and then Legendary on PPVs only. Still early days so we'll see how things take shape.

And as for AI Damage Scaling, you'll see very quickly that it affects the AI health meter. Set it to 0, play a match, and watch how much damage your moves do. Then set it to 100 and do the same moves, and you'll see how the health bar barely moves in comparison to when damage scaling was at 0.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »