Home

NHL 2022 Offseason

This is a discussion on NHL 2022 Offseason within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-11-2022, 02:53 PM   #17

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 2022 Offseason

Hawks are tanking so hard it's not even funny.

I hope they dont even win the lottery after everything they've been doing.
Old 07-11-2022, 07:53 PM   #18

Majingir's Arena

Murray to the Leafs seems like its about to happen. Not sure how I feel about that. I know it's hard to get a top 10 goalie in the league, it doesn't even feel like there's even 10 names you'd for sure put in a top 10, but that's where the Leafs are at. At this point they've done everything except get a goalie who can steal games, and it doesn't look like that'll change anytime soon.

On another note, Malkin is testing FA. Could he wind up in Washington with Ovechkin? I think it could work out cap wise, but I still could see a guy like Eller just being moved anyways to further help their salary situation.

Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Malkin in your top 4 is big.
Old 07-11-2022, 09:08 PM   #19
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Nichushkin re-signed for 8 years, doesn't matter what happens from now on, Avs are the winners of free agency.

With the goalie carousel, I'm expecting Campbell and Kuemper to Washington and Edmonton.
Old 07-12-2022, 02:27 PM   #20
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Even with Ottawa picking up 25% of the salary, that Murray deal strikes me as insane.

Of all goalies with 50+ appearances over the last 3 seasons, Murray is 57th (out of 64) in save percentage and 53rd in GAA. That's the best the Leafs could do with 4.7M of cap space??? This is the player that Dubas is staking his career on? Dear God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post

Last edited by DrJones; 07-12-2022 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-12-2022, 07:06 PM   #21
All Star

rdnk's Arena

The fact that the Leafs only got a 3rd and a 5th to take on the majority of that contract means that the teams believe that Murray could bounce back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2022, 08:12 PM   #22

Majingir's Arena

From what most people have been saying/speculating, it seems like Leafs feel as though he has been bouncing back when given a fighting chance in net instead of playing infront of the Belleville Senators.

64 goalies have played 10 or more regular season games since January 1, 2022. All 3 Leafs goalies last year qualify for that category. 0 finished in the top 50 in SV%!

As bad as his season was, know where Murray ranked? 20th. The Sens won about a third of those games despite that. So perhaps the Leafs thinking is that if he managed to do that in 2022 with the Sens infront of him, with the Leafs he should hopefully bounce back.

Even going back to 2020, Murray had the 11th highest SV% in games his team won. Campbell and even Andersen didn't crack the top 25.

There's LOTS of IFs for sure, but this is the high risk high reward move. If it pays off, Dubas is a genius. If it fails, not sure how many more chances he'll get. They also have a new goalie coach. Perhaps Murray was someone he wanted to work with?

Last edited by Majingir; 07-12-2022 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-13-2022, 12:49 AM   #23
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
From what most people have been saying/speculating, it seems like Leafs feel as though he has been bouncing back when given a fighting chance in net instead of playing infront of the Belleville Senators.

64 goalies have played 10 or more regular season games since January 1, 2022. All 3 Leafs goalies last year qualify for that category. 0 finished in the top 50 in SV%!

As bad as his season was, know where Murray ranked? 20th. The Sens won about a third of those games despite that. So perhaps the Leafs thinking is that if he managed to do that in 2022 with the Sens infront of him, with the Leafs he should hopefully bounce back.
That's a stretch of 14 games! Ottawa's other goalie (Anton Forsberg, who makes less than half of what Murray does) played 32 games during that span, had the 7th best SV% in the league, and had a winning record! By that logic, I guess Forsberg would be a Vezina shoo-in with the Leafs in front of him. Sorry, man, but this is Benning/Chiarelli level copium here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Even going back to 2020, Murray had the 11th highest SV% in games his team won. Campbell and even Andersen didn't crack the top 25.

There's LOTS of IFs for sure, but this is the high risk high reward move. If it pays off, Dubas is a genius. If it fails, not sure how many more chances he'll get. They also have a new goalie coach. Perhaps Murray was someone he wanted to work with?
High risk, high reward? "I'm going to buy 4.7M worth of Lotto 6/49 tickets, then burn all but one, but if the remaining ticket wins the jackpot, I'll look like a genius!"

Maj, I can understand the minds and spirits of Leafs fans becoming irreparably broken by this point, but I'm legitimately surprised, no, appalled by Dubas here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post
Old 07-13-2022, 09:29 AM   #24
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Man I’m so out of the loop on league news, transactions, etc. Like years behind. Last time I checked, Matt Murray was winning Cups with the Pens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »