Home

What Should the Bears Do With the 1st Overall?

This is a discussion on What Should the Bears Do With the 1st Overall? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2024, 10:33 AM   #49
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What Should the Bears Do With the 1st Overall?

Looks like thr Bears are going with Shane Waldron for OC

https://abc7chicago.com/shane-waldro...ator/14349264/
Old 01-22-2024, 01:42 PM   #50
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Fields is the common denominator. He either isn't the guy period, or its just not a good fit with Chicago for whatever reason.
A little bit of both, probably. Looked alright with Nagy (some highs, some lows like most rookie QBs) but obviously that was only half a season or whatever it was. The Eberflus/Getsy offense was a total mismatch.

He looked good throwing to the only two guys on the team who can catch a pass (DJ and Kmet) though, so that's nice. Nice enough to keep building with? I have no idea.
Old 01-22-2024, 02:00 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Fields isn’t free of blame, but their biggest problem is they keep firing their coach the year after they draft a QB, then they end up with a coach that didn’t draft the QB and when he finally gets his own QB he gets fired a year later, rinse and repeat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2024, 02:06 PM   #52
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

To me, the decision is complicated even moreso because of just how good Fields actually is with his feet when let loose. Yes, QB work definitely does need work and he is not free of blame, but he was 63 yards away from the NFL record of most yards rushed in a single season owned by Lamar Jackson. This isn't Mitchell Trubisky at all. Not even close. There is a dynamic two threat talent there that you just dont replicate so easily. If you add in the aspect of how bad of a team and coaches Fields has been surrounded by?

I feel a bit like the team is doing him dirty a little. Having said that, Caleb still probably is the lean.
Old 01-22-2024, 05:51 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
A little bit of both, probably. Looked alright with Nagy (some highs, some lows like most rookie QBs) but obviously that was only half a season or whatever it was. The Eberflus/Getsy offense was a total mismatch.

He looked good throwing to the only two guys on the team who can catch a pass (DJ and Kmet) though, so that's nice. Nice enough to keep building with? I have no idea.
You should probably know what you have after the 3rd year. If by then you still don't know what you have, then you probably don't have what you hope you do.

Its not an easy decision to make. I don't envy that front office one bit.
Old 01-22-2024, 09:41 PM   #54
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You should probably know what you have after the 3rd year. If by then you still don't know what you have, then you probably don't have what you hope you do.

Its not an easy decision to make. I don't envy that front office one bit.
Yeah, I agree that typically a team should know by now; but man…they really haven’t put him in much of a position to succeed either. How much of his play is/was the situation vs him just having a lower ceiling than they hoped for? Glad I’m not the one who has to make that decision.
Old 01-23-2024, 06:09 AM   #55
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

OVR: 0

Fields has certainly been in a train wreck with the Bears……..whoever’s fault I have no clue. The Vikings might need him, Cousins is going to miss some of the season and I think this is the final year on his contract.
It wouldn’t be good to have your QB walk because the team didn’t play to his strength and then have him wear your arse out twice a year for numerous years.
Just throwing a random thought out there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2024, 03:47 PM   #56
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianSummer
The Vikings might need him, Cousins is going to miss some of the season and I think this is the final year on his contract.
Neither here nor there but Cousins’ contract with the Vikings automatically voids on March 13, at which point he will be an unrestricted free agent. He will cost the Vikings $28M against the 2024 salary cap regardless whether he is on the roster next season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »