Home

What Should the Bears Do With the 1st Overall?

This is a discussion on What Should the Bears Do With the 1st Overall? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-08-2024, 11:10 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What Should the Bears Do With the 1st Overall?

I'm really torn on this. It would be nice for the Bears to have a QB in my lifetime that doesn't need a great O-line, perfect play calling and weapons all over the field to succeed but I hate the idea of having to use that #1 pick on a QB when Marvin Harrison Jr is right there. I'm not opposed to one more year of Fields but this seems like the best opportunity they'll have to upgrade the position. The perfect scenario would be trading down to 3 with New England if you can pry next year's one away from them. Their roster is about as bad as anyone's in the league so maybe the Bears can get the #1 pick for a third year in a row and put off drafting a new QB for another year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2024, 11:16 PM   #42
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'm really torn on this. It would be nice for the Bears to have a QB in my lifetime that doesn't need a great O-line, perfect play calling and weapons all over the field to succeed but I hate the idea of having to use that #1 pick on a QB when Marvin Harrison Jr is right there. I'm not opposed to one more year of Fields but this seems like the best opportunity they'll have to upgrade the position. The perfect scenario would be trading down to 3 with New England if you can pry next year's one away from them. Their roster is about as bad as anyone's in the league so maybe the Bears can get the #1 pick for a third year in a row and put off drafting a new QB for another year
That's idea, but I'm torn on whether it would be better to do the trade with NEcor WSH. Who has a worse 24 year and all that.
Old 01-09-2024, 01:03 AM   #43
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

I think a lot of it depends on what they do with Getsy. You absolutely can't run it back with both him and Fields. Wrong coordinator for Justin's skillset and Justin's the wrong QB for the offense Getsy seems to want to run. It's just a bad fit.

If they ditch Getsy I could see them bringing Fields back to try it with another OC but with Justin's contract coming up they'd have to have instant success to justify it (and at this point that seems so unlikely so why would you just not draft a QB now?). If they keep Getsy they would have to draft a QB who can be mobile and improvise but really is more of a pocket passer. I'll let you guys who watch more college fill me in on who that would be.

Then again, if yesterday showed us anything it's that while a new QB might help out in a lot of areas, the team isn't just a QB away so trading down might end up helping them out more than anything else.
Old 01-10-2024, 11:17 AM   #44
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Getsy is fired and Eberfus is retained.

Pretty good article on why keeping Eberfus is a bad decision..

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bears-k...173109341.html

Last edited by adriano; 01-10-2024 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-10-2024, 01:51 PM   #45
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
Getsy is fired and Eberfus is retained.

Pretty good article on why keeping Eberfus is a bad decision..

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bears-k...173109341.html
Yes and no. Either way, Gets wasn't the answer. It's less of an indication of QB and more of an indication that he just wasn't good at adapting whenever a game plan wasn't going well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2024, 01:59 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

I’ll miss Getsy and his bag of 4th and 1 trickery
Old 01-21-2024, 05:37 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

Watching the playoffs has really swayed me in the direction of using the pick on a new QB. It’s depressing seeing all these teams with QBs that can process information and handle pressure so much better than Fields
Old 01-22-2024, 12:34 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I think the Bears need to move on from Fields.

I playfully give Bears fans hell over how they viewed Nagy (the way they said it he was the source of all their ills and once he wasn't there to sabotage the team they would take off) and now Nagy is gone and fans are still making excuses for why Fields hasn't met expectations.

Fields is the common denominator. He either isn't the guy period, or its just not a good fit with Chicago for whatever reason. Bears should hope its the latter, or at least hope that other teams think it is the latter, and gauge his trade value.

The risk the Bears run is that if they decide to run it back one more time with Fields and the results are more of the same, he likely won't have trade value after that. There aren't that many late bloomers in the NFL. 90% of the time what you see in the 3rd year is what that player is. Expecting a jump from 3rd year to 4th just seems like wishful thinking

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »