Home

What Should the Bears Do With the 1st Overall?

This is a discussion on What Should the Bears Do With the 1st Overall? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-08-2024, 09:41 AM   #25
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: What Should the Bears Do With the 1st Overall?

Unless you’re absolutely sure about one of the QBs in the draft I would move down in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2024, 09:45 AM   #26
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Bears would be wise to trade down if they keep Fields.

There is a desperate enough team who will give up that kings ransom to move up, even if it's just a few spots. Move down with the Pats, and still get your man at 3.

No brainer.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 01-08-2024, 10:04 AM   #27
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Again, please keep Justin Fields lol.
I think we get it. You're in here to troll. Congrats on the win yesterday. Youre really adding nothhing at this point and we can have the same football conversation without the nonsense.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:48 AM   #28
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
I think we get it. You're in here to troll. Congrats on the win yesterday. Youre really adding nothhing at this point and we can have the same football conversation without the nonsense.

1. Sorry. Thought it was ok for Bears and Packers fans to talk trash to each other and just take it in stride without getting emotional. I’ll take it to the other thread if it’s better for you.
2. These were my actual thoughts from a few days ago:

Quote:
FTR, I’m being completely sarcastic here.

As a Packers Fan, them doing all that would be great for us because it’s a sign they want to continue living in mediocrity. He’s in Year 3 and barely pushes the ball downfield, which the film and numbers will back up. He’ll connect on a deep bomb or 2 every now and then, but if it ain’t a screen pass, he’s taking off and running with it.

I look at it like this: We were having this same discussion regarding the Giants/Daniel Jones where folks thought they should sign him and let him continue improving. Even before he got hurt, he wasn’t showing the consistent signs of improving and now that he’s hurt, they’ll probably be looking at Qb in the Draft and he’ll probably be playing somewhere else.

If you still don’t know if he can be the guy for you after 3 years and you’re in position to reset the Qb clock so to speak, you’re better off starting over as opposed to wondering if a mistake was made in paying him just for being “Ok/Average”.
And after yesterday, nothing has changed about him so what logical reason is there to commit to him long term other than “he’s young” and that P word that folks love to use. And if you’re still hanging onto that word for someone 3 years into their career as a starting Qb, chances are he’s not it.

So yeah, if ya’ll are smart, move on and restart the Qb clock over as opposed to debating all offseason on whether or not Fields is the long term answer, when the question has probably already been answered by now.
Old 01-08-2024, 11:03 AM   #29
MVP

Keirik's Arena

Quote:
As a Packer Fan, I wholeheartedly endorse keeping Fields. He’s been perfect.

Matter of fact, he’s deserving of a huge contract so I hope they give him that also. Top 5 highest paid Qb in the league money.
Quote:
FTR, I’m being completely sarcastic here.

As a Packers Fan, them doing all that would be great for us because it’s a sign they want to continue living in mediocrity. He’s in Year 3 and barely pushes the ball downfield, which the film and numbers will back up. He’ll connect on a deep bomb or 2 every now and then, but if it ain’t a screen pass, he’s taking off and running with it.

I look at it like this: We were having this same discussion regarding the Giants/Daniel Jones where folks thought they should sign him and let him continue improving. Even before he got hurt, he wasn’t showing the consistent signs of improving and now that he’s hurt, they’ll probably be looking at Qb in the Draft and he’ll probably be playing somewhere else.

If you still don’t know if he can be the guy for you after 3 years and you’re in position to reset the Qb clock so to speak, you’re better off starting over as opposed to wondering if a mistake was made in paying him just for being “Ok/Average”.
Quote:
Again, please keep Justin Fields lol.
Quote:
1. Sorry. Thought it was ok for Bears and Packers fans to talk trash to each other and just take it in stride without getting emotional. I’ll take it to the other thread if it’s better for you.
2. These were my actual thoughts from a few days ago:

And after yesterday, nothing has changed about him so what logical reason is there to commit to him long term other than “he’s young” and that P word that folks love to use. And if you’re still hanging onto that word for someone 3 years into their career as a starting Qb, chances are he’s not it.

So yeah, if ya’ll are smart, move on and restart the Qb clock over as opposed to debating all offseason on whether or not Fields is the long term answer, when the question has probably already been answered by now.
lol Stop. Only one of these posts is not like the others. There was zero reason to even post what you posted today outside of just trolling in a thread I tried to ask a question. It had nothing to do with the non existent Packers- Bears trash talk, and you kept going multiple times until you got the reply you were looking for in the first place. I appreciate the 1 actual intelligent post.

Now move on, or add something. It seems pretty simple. It definitely would be more than welcome.
Old 01-08-2024, 11:17 AM   #30
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

What’s the situation with Eberflus?

I think that has a lot of bearing on what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2024, 11:30 AM   #31
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

As a Panthers fan, trading with the Bears last year was one of the most stupid things they could have done. Lets look at what they gave up:

Panthers got - #1 2023 - Bryce Young

Bears got - #9 2023 - Darnell Wright
2023 2nd Round (#61 pick) - Bears used this pick to trade up to #56 - Tyrique Stevenson
#1 2024 -
2025 2nd Round Pick
DJ Moore - Had his best season since joining the NFL - 1,300+ yds and 8 Tds

At least today the Panthers got rid of the guy (Fiterrer) that made this bone head trade. I mean they basically gave the Bears 5 potential starters for 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2024, 12:06 PM   #32
MVP

Keirik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
What’s the situation with Eberflus?

I think that has a lot of bearing on what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All signs are him coming back. As for the OC Getsy.....unsure. to me, that's the bigger issue. Some of the play calling ha been atrocious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »