Home

NBA Off Topic Thread

This is a discussion on NBA Off Topic Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-17-2022, 09:53 PM   #137
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Off Topic Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It's overkill, but give me Chris Paul instead of AI on that team and it's 20 point wins every game.

CP, Kidd, Nash, any of those types would make it not even close IMO.
Old 04-18-2022, 01:05 PM   #138

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Marshawn Lynch (and Macklemore) joining the Seattle NHL ownership group as minority owners.

I wonder when someone will push for an NBA team. The arena is obviously done, and along with their main ownership group, you're probably getting celebs investing too. If they're investing in NHL, for sure they'd invest in an NBA team, regardless if its expansion or relocation.
Old 04-18-2022, 02:27 PM   #139
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Marshawn Lynch (and Macklemore) joining the Seattle NHL ownership group as minority owners.

I wonder when someone will push for an NBA team. The arena is obviously done, and along with their main ownership group, you're probably getting celebs investing too. If they're investing in NHL, for sure they'd invest in an NBA team, regardless if its expansion or relocation.
I say expansion, put a team in Seattle, one in Louisville for the East. I'm down.
Old 04-18-2022, 02:44 PM   #140

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps91
I say expansion, put a team in Seattle, one in Louisville for the East. I'm down.
Seattle is a given for the west, but I wonder if they'd consider 2 west teams and just move 1 team to the east like Minny.
Old 04-18-2022, 02:55 PM   #141
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

Quote:
Seattle is a given for the west, but I wonder if they'd consider 2 west teams and just move 1 team to the east like Minny.
or Memphis? I always thought Memphis being West was disproportionate as heck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2022, 03:24 PM   #142
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Quote:
Seems like if expansion were to happen Seattle and Vegas are locks, with Memphis, Minnesota, or New Orleans moving to the East.

Technically if you drew a line down a map New Orleans and Memphis are more "East" but Minnesota in relation to it's division is the worse located team in the entire NBA. Not that divisions play a huge role anymore but they are in a division with Portland for example when they are right next to Milwaukee, Chicago, Indiana, etc. I think their closest division opponent is about as far as every other teams farthest.
Old 04-18-2022, 08:21 PM   #143
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

I’m guessing Marshawn and Macklemore have a very small minority ownership %.

Not sure about Seattle but it’s well known in circles that Vegas will be getting a team when expansion starts.
Old 04-18-2022, 08:46 PM   #144

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Seems like if expansion were to happen Seattle and Vegas are locks, with Memphis, Minnesota, or New Orleans moving to the East.

Technically if you drew a line down a map New Orleans and Memphis are more "East" but Minnesota in relation to it's division is the worse located team in the entire NBA. Not that divisions play a huge role anymore but they are in a division with Portland for example when they are right next to Milwaukee, Chicago, Indiana, etc. I think their closest division opponent is about as far as every other teams farthest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I’m guessing Marshawn and Macklemore have a very small minority ownership %.

Not sure about Seattle but it’s well known in circles that Vegas will be getting a team when expansion starts.
No doubt it's small, but even the smallest percentage is enough to draw attention to the team because of the celeb investments. Lynch for sure would invest in the Sonics. They'd probably be able to get former Sonics in on it too for PR purposes.

But I completely forgot about Vegas. Those 2 for sure.

As for who goes to the East, I feel like it would be a matter of divisions that determines it. If the divisions are 8 divisions of 4 teams, TWolves would make sense, probably joining Bulls,Bucks,Pacers. If its 4 divisions of 8 teams, Grizzlies might make more sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »