Home

You know what really grinds my gears?

This is a discussion on You know what really grinds my gears? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

You know what grinds my gears? And this is a bit of a take off of what PDiddy said.

I hate it when people root for one school in college football and another in college basketball. That just wreaks of being a front runner.

Not naming any names, but there's an OS'er who roots for Virginia Tech in football and UNC in basketball. How is that possible? What do you do when Tech plays UNC in football? Or in basketball? How could you root for an institute of higher learning...in one sport....and root against them in another?

News flash, folks! They're the same team! Same colors! Same logo! Same fans!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #50
Pro

davehughes14's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eights
Last year during a huge snow storm, I was coming down the ramp at around 30 mph. The roads were absolutely awful, so cars were going slow.

I get all the way down and ran out of road, and this dumb **** in a big *** truck beside me didn't move into the left lane. I had to stop on the ramp, and wait for him to go by. It was this truck and me on the road; no one else anywhere in sight, and he doesn't get out of the way.

I wanted to get out of my car and throw the tire iron in my backseat threw his window.
This is exectly what I'm talking about. Someone else already mentioned this but it's unexcusable to me that a person cannot acknowledge you with a simple wave of the hand or a honk of the horn when you let them out of a parking spot and into traffic or let someone turn left on a green light in front of you.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
You know what grinds my gears? And this is a bit of a take off of what PDiddy said.

I hate it when people root for one school in college football and another in college basketball. That just wreaks of being a front runner.

Not naming any names, but there's an OS'er who roots for Virginia Tech in football and UNC in basketball. How is that possible? What do you do when Tech plays UNC in football? Or in basketball? How could you root for an institute of higher learning...in one sport....and root against them in another?

Oh, but I don't want to root for a school and it's athletic programs! I want to root for the National Championship contenders!

I root for Michigan and Michigan only, in every sport. In Football, I only root for Michigan whether or not they make the BCS Championship. However come NCAAB Tourney time and Michigan isn't in it(every year), I'll pick a hometown team(usually Syracuse) to root for.

I don't consider that what you're talking about. But I find the NCAA Tourney more exciting when I have a team to root for.

Edit: And if neither Michigan nor Syracuse are in the Tourney, I just root for the underdogs.

Last edited by Double Eights; 10-11-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy

I'll admit myself in football I am a Florida State fan, but in basketball I lean more towards Georgetown. If the two played, I'd root for whomever needed the win more (last year FSU). A lot of this was just exposure to teams growing up. In Vermont we really don't have a local team (although as people know I'll root for UVM vs. anybody except Saint Michael's College) so I went by who had exposure on television. For basketball, this meant Georgetown as we were Big East area and the time Georgetown got a bulk of the coverage.

Now let me pose a question, off topic a bit, but who do you root for when you go undergrad at one school and graduate school at the rival. Such as going to Florida undergrad and FSU Law School or any combination thereof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehughes14
This is exectly what I'm talking about.
Someone else already mentioned this but it's unexcusable to me that a person cannot acknowledge you with a simple wave of the hand or a honk of the horn when you let them out of a parking spot and into traffic or let someone turn left on a green light in front of you.
This leads to something else that grinds my gears, people who feel the need to let every car out at every opportunity. I get being nice, I do (as much as it may seem otherwise), and I let cars go when I can. But when we start letting 10-15 cars you are basically giving a big **** you to every car behind you.

One other thing that really gets me, jaywalkers and in particularly people who will slam their brakes to let the jaywalker, who was not otherwise in harm's way, cross the street. I'm saying run down the jaywalkers mid jaywalk, just don't make it easier. Better yet was a few weeks ago when I watched a cop do this.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole

Now let me pose a question, off topic a bit, but who do you root for when you go undergrad at one school and graduate school at the rival. Such as going to Florida undergrad and FSU Law School or any combination thereof.
The only logical answer is to root for Miami.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:13 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eights
The only logical answer is to root for Miami.
That is never a logical answer.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #55
Banned

Another thing that irritates me.

People who complain about things(television shows) being too complex. Most TV shows these days have to be dumbed down so the average American can understand what is going on. Instead of actually watching and paying attention to a show, they are usually the ones talking on their cell phone or multitasking. Just watch the show and pay attention.

Example: LOST.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #56
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
I despise idiot drivers, maybe not bad drivers but idiotic drivers. Let me explain the difference, an idiot is someone who just will not leave the passing lane while the line of cars behind them grows larger and larger. Seriously, what is the big deal of getting out of the left lane for 5 seconds to let some cars go by. Who made you the dictator of the proper speed for the road?
I hate ******* drivers. I let people get into lanes if they have to merge or if they need to change lanes but other people speed up for no reason other than to be an ***.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »