Home

You know what really grinds my gears?

This is a discussion on You know what really grinds my gears? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-10-2007, 11:33 PM   #17
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWurks6
You need some mental help if you really feel that way. Get in touch with reality.
People like this really grind my gears. Where did the humanity go in humans?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:34 PM   #18
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWurks6
You know what grinds my gears? When people aren't imaginative enough to come up with their own catch phrases and have to use ones off a family guy episode.
LOL, because Family Guy came up with the quote "What really grinds my gears?"...
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 10-10-2007, 11:34 PM   #19
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Good thread because I wanted to make a post about this, but I didn't know where to put it.

You know what really grinds my gears? Casual fans of a sports team who act like they give a ****.

After the Yankees lost on Monday night, I was leaving my buddies dorm very disappointed. We walk by one of the lounges in our dorm, and a bunch of people are playing some board game or something. We were wearing Yankees **** so they ask if the Yankees won. We say no, and one of the kids acts disappointed and says that it sucks because he's a really big Yankees fan.

I wanted to repeatedly punch him in the face and then throw him threw a wall. IT WAS A ****ING ELIMINATION GAME OF THE PLAYOFFS AND YOU WERE PLAYING A BOARD GAME INSTEAD OF WATCHING!!! You are not a Yankees fan, and no you don't care, so don't act like you know know what people are feeling who watch the team all year.

Same thing during game 2, we were watching in the TV lounge in the student union, and people wearing Yankee jerseys and hats are walking in and out occasionally checking the score. Maybe it's just me, but I think most real fans would be interested in a great pitchers duel in the playoffs.
I know what you're saying man. I'm a baseball fan, I don't have a team. Game 4 was fun to watch. I like A-Rod. I was happy to see him hit that bomb. Too bad that wasn't his last AB. And by the way....let's go Jeter. Sweet DP when the momentum was turning!

Old 10-10-2007, 11:35 PM   #20
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
Oddly enough, this comment grinds my gears.

I seriously just laughed soooo hard. Doesn't happen often by reading a post on OS.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:49 PM   #21
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat

I seriously just laughed soooo hard. Doesn't happen often by reading a post on OS.
I beg to differ. There's some nonsense that gets posted here.

I wholeheartedly agree with Jets. It doesn't get me upset really. But when some of my friends ask me about the Laker score, I wanna be like "why are you even asking tool? If you were a fan you'd somehow someway find a way to obtain the score." I know damn well you only occasionally catch games even though they're on t.v. every single night.

These are the same friends that are the loudest and most obnoxious about their loyalties; with all the apparel and license plate holders and ****. They also arrive late to Laker playoff game parties, which is complete and utter sacrilege. Such a farce.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2007, 01:24 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
LOL, because Family Guy came up with the quote "What really grinds my gears?"...
Actually they made it famous to recent memory. It's the episode where Peter gets a job on the news station.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:26 AM   #23
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

I actually have a website/blog that lists all the things I hate. It used to be in my sig but one of the mods removed it because it was vulgar. If you want the link, you can send me a PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:27 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat

I agree I had to chuckle too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »