Home

You know what really grinds my gears?

This is a discussion on You know what really grinds my gears? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-11-2007, 09:25 AM   #33
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

Man, I can think of a lot of things that grind my gears and hopefully this won't start a political debate, but it gets to me when people who are on welfare or food stamps continue to have kids. As a taxpayer, I don't mind helping out those going through hard times, by giving them a helping hand, but to blatantly have kids for the sake of government assistance really irks me, and then to bitch and moan that it's not enough.. You obvoiusly can't afford the ones you have now, so why keep reproducing?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:51 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Know what really grinds my gears?

When my job sends a email saying they are going to block sites like Sirius, XM and some other steaming site I don't give an F about starting tomorrow. So now, if I want to listen to Stern or the NFL Channel while at work, I have to go by one of those expensive f'ing boom boxes. I think my job and Sirius are partners.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #35
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

That English isn't my native language! Sometimes I read your posts here and those expressions that I hardly understand...English is so rich with that stuff...I mean the Afro-Americans, especially, had a great influence on the language and I just LOVE those sentences but sometimes I just don't get it. It's probably stuff that only if u were born in the US you'd understand...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2007, 10:37 AM   #36
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

- getting calls from co-workers at 4:30 in the morning just to yell at you.. when you left only hours beforehand

- getting calls from people before 9 am

- telemarketers

- people calling my apartment for the wrong person

- stupid people

- living in an 1,000 degree apartment
Old 10-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #37
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26

What grinds my gears is Duke fans that are just Duke fans from Oct-April. Not all year around...that is including basketball, football, soccer, and baseball season. Oddly enough it's those people that pop off at the mouth about how great Duke is, but you couldn't pay them to go watch Duke at Wallace Wade. Take off your FSU, Va Tech football jersey, and be a Duke fan. If not then take off your Duke jersey and wear a FSU, Va Tech basketball jersey and shut the hell up about how great Duke is.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #38
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdiddyPop
What grinds my gears is Duke fans that are just Duke fans from Oct-April. Not all year around...that is including basketball, football, soccer, and baseball season. Oddly enough it's those people that pop off at the mouth about how great Duke is, but you couldn't pay them to go watch Duke at Wallace Wade. Take off your FSU, Va Tech football jersey, and be a Duke fan. If not then take off your Duke jersey and wear a FSU, Va Tech basketball jersey and shut the hell up about how great Duke is.
I see what your saying, but you can't expect everyone to be a fan of every sport. What if your a die-hard college basketball fan from Duke, but don't care for football and baseball? They can't be expected to enjoy every sport the school offers.

Now if they are a Dunk Basketball fan, and FSU football fan and a USC baseball fan, then I definitely see your point.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:47 PM   #39
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
I see what your saying, but you can't expect everyone to be a fan of every sport. What if your a die-hard college basketball fan from Duke, but don't care for football and baseball? They can't be expected to enjoy every sport the school offers.

Now if they are a Dunk Basketball fan, and FSU football fan and a USC baseball fan, then I definitely see your point.
That was my main point. The people that piss me off are the Duke basketball fans during the winter, but FSU, Va Tech fans during football season, and actually show up to root against Duke in that regard.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #40
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

People who eat late at night, eat fast food all the time, eat large amounts of food constantly, and complain about wanting to lose weight. And to tie it in to the previous post, wear things that don't compliment humanity in the least bit. Big people need to wear big people close. How hard is that to understand?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »