Home

You know what really grinds my gears?

This is a discussion on You know what really grinds my gears? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #57
stewaat

OVR:
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
You know what grinds my gears? And this is a bit of a take off of what PDiddy said.

I hate it when people root for one school in college football and another in college basketball. That just wreaks of being a front runner.

Not naming any names, but there's an OS'er who roots for Virginia Tech in football and UNC in basketball. How is that possible? What do you do when Tech plays UNC in football? Or in basketball? How could you root for an institute of higher learning...in one sport....and root against them in another?

News flash, folks! They're the same team! Same colors! Same logo! Same fans!
What about my scenario? UNC was my dream school but I was on their #2 list for baseball. They had the #1 recruiting class that year by the way. I wasn't a college football fan at all really, but I LOVE their basketball team. I loved them ever since the Montross days, and I was only 8ish then. They were my team forever but I didn't have a football team. I go to play ball at Notre Dame, #6 recruiting class. I am then drawn into the Notre Dame Stadium and the awesome atmosphere of college football and become a ND football fan. Now I HATE ND basketball. UNC is where my heart lies. If I had to choose one team I'd chose UNC basketball over every other. BUT, I decided to just like ND football because I went there and experienced that but I LOVE UNC basketball. That is my sports passion.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:19 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
What about my scenario? UNC was my dream school but I was on their #2 list for baseball. They had the #1 recruiting class that year by the way. I wasn't a college football fan at all really, but I LOVE their basketball team. I loved them ever since the Montross days, and I was only 8ish then. They were my team forever but I didn't have a football team. I go to play ball at Notre Dame, #6 recruiting class. I am then drawn into the Notre Dame Stadium and the awesome atmosphere of college football and become a ND football fan. Now I HATE ND basketball. UNC is where my heart lies. If I had to choose one team I'd chose UNC basketball over every other. BUT, I decided to just like ND football because I went there and experienced that but I LOVE UNC basketball. That is my sports passion.
To me that seems entirely reasonable.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:20 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 32
People actually do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
To me that seems entirely reasonable.
What if I root for Michigan Football and USC Football? Is that reasonable?
Old 10-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #60
Banned

Re: People actually do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eights
What if I root for Michigan Football and USC Football? Is that reasonable?
Well Michigan and South Carolina would only play in what, the Outback Bowl, so it wouldn't be a big deal at all.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 32
And no it isn't me. I hate USC. And I hate Texas.

Quote:
Well Michigan and South Carolina would only play in what, the Outback Bowl, so it wouldn't be a big deal at all.
That isn't the Carolina USC. It's the California.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Another thing that irritates me.

People who complain about things(television shows) being too complex. Most TV shows these days have to be dumbed down so the average American can understand what is going on. Instead of actually watching and paying attention to a show, they are usually the ones talking on their cell phone or multitasking. Just watch the show and pay attention.

Example: LOST.
My favorite and most irritating example of dumbing down is when they mention something and then someone explains it. Like a room full of detectives doesn't know some legal term or what probable cause is, they need to explain it to the group. Law & Order SVU is one of the biggest offenders of this.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #63
Banned

Re: And no it isn't me. I hate USC. And I hate Texas.

Quote:
That isn't the Carolina USC. It's the California.
I know that, I was being a smartass.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #64
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

This leads to something else that grinds my gears, people who feel the need to let every car out at every opportunity. I get being nice, I do (as much as it may seem otherwise), and I let cars go when I can. But when we start letting 10-15 cars you are basically giving a big **** you to every car behind you.
And on top of this, they do it right before an intersection and you get stuck at the red light, while those other cars get through.

To keep going on other vehicle peeves;

-I can't stand it when you got to honk at the guy in front of you at the intersection because the lights been green for 8 seconds and he's looking for something in the back seat of his car. I know we've all been that guy up front at one point or another, but when you're the guy behind...it sucks. You have one job as the lead car and that is to watch the damn light. (Some times I think stop lights should have fog horns go off when they turn green...problem solved)

-I'm from California where the left lane is the "fast lane" apperantly this isn't how it is in Texas because every day there is someone doing 5-10 MPH under the speed limit clogging up the lane, while everyone else has to swerve around them.

-Another one while on the road is cutters. 35 cars waiting in line and there is always the guy who speeds up to the front and sneeks in. Nothing makes my day like blocking that guy off and flipping the bird. I once had a guy try it, not be able to make it and he hit the center divide at a freeway exit (nothing major, but man it put a smile on my face).

-And the biggest one for driving is stop lights that don't work right. Nothing like driving down the road, seeing the light turn from green to yellow to red and then Stopping at the intersection only to have no other cars coming in the other directions. Also, I can't stand it when your street is the busier of the cross streets at an intersection, but you get a 10 second green light and the cross street, with a few cars gets like 1 minute.

-And finally just stupid drivers: People who for some reason have to stop to change lanes, but then just stay in that lane. People who don't give blinkers, people who don't turn their blinker off, people who ride your ***, people who don't pull over when there are 25 cars behind them that want to actually go the speed limit.

Last edited by Trevytrev11; 10-11-2007 at 04:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »