Home

Grand Theft Auto VI

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto VI within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-28-2022, 07:38 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Grand Theft Auto VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I misread the first time and thought they just meant that as the story evolves you unlock more places, like the old GTA games. It sounds more here though like they will update the game with more places as they keep building/adding them.

I'm hoping for the former, and I of course will never object to the latter for any game in ever (assuming it's for SP as well and that it was never planned for the original release).
"Rockstar apparently plans to launch the game with a single city, but add more locations over time through updates...The report also indicates that the launch version of GTA 6 will begin with fictionalized Miami and surrounding areas (presumably a return for Vice City), but will be updated with "new missions and cities on a regular basis". That launch version apparently already includes more interior locations than any GTA game previously."

Yeah that sounds like a post launch thing. It seems like online updates more so than SP updates unless they do SP DLCs this time around.

I'm okay with a single city/surrounding areas, especially if there will be way more interior locations. We do have to remember that GTA V was built on the PS3/360 architecture, so it was limited in scope. Even if it is roughly the size of Vice City, I'm good with that if there are more interior locations and the city is more alive
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2022, 10:28 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Strictly from a gaming product point of view, I'm not very encouraged by most of the information included in that article, particularly as a single player gamer.

1. I already knew Dan Houser left but I've been led to believe that could be problematic (I don't know a lot about him or his situation with GTA).

2. "Will be updated with new missions and cities on a regular basis" makes it sound as though the single player experience will be finite while the online gaming insanity will benefit from location updates, probably until I'm old enough to retire.

3. Their original plan for multiple territories spanning different countries was scrapped. The most encouraging piece of information is that Miami/Vice City supposedly will have the most interiors of any Rockstar Game ever, and that's nothing to scoff at, but after 10+ years I was hoping there'd be some semblance of location diversity for single player gamers in story mode.

4. Developers are skeptical of even a March 2024 release?! I was 29 when GTA V came out. I'm legit going to be in my 40's when the sequel drops.

5. Some developers quitting due to lack of progress doesn't sound great.

6. Progressive changes at the company is a positive, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me wonder about what sort of effect it's having on development and the final product. The optimist in me tells me it'll make the final product better; the pessimist in me tells me however they had assembled their development team for GTA V and RDR 2 made for a great final product so hopefully the boat wasn't shaken to such a degree that Rockstar loses much of what made them special in the first place.

All I know is that from the little I've read, the work crunch at Rockstar was unsustainable so something at least had to be done in that regard.

7. I don't know how I feel about progressive narrative changes and "fewer jokes that punch down". I feel like GTA's over-the-top satirical take on virtually everything in life was a part of what made it feel so special. Nothing and nobody was off-limits and everyone got their turn in the satirical wheelhouse. I'm not even one of those guys who walks around yelling, "You can't do anything without offending someone these days, I'll tell ya what" but I did always sort of look toward GTA to offer the sort of approach that wouldn't shy away from anything whatsoever, and it was refreshing, to be honest.

On that same hand, I feel like it'd be a bit odd to have jokes cut for the sake of potentially being offensive in a game whose storyline will very likely revolve around murder, high volume drug trafficking, and gun violence.

8. Scrapped remaster of RDR. Maybe you guys already knew about this. I didn't. That's a bummer. Wild times when you've got to scrap a remaster because your sequel to a hit game hasn't dropped in 10 years.

I'm sure the game will blow me away whenever it actually drops, but this wasn't the greatest information haul I've ever seen.

Last edited by VDusen04; 07-28-2022 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-28-2022, 12:06 PM   #43
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I don't have a next gen console, so I don't mind it will take a little while longer to release the game.
Personally I don't play open world games for the story. If the story is great - great, if not it's not a big deal. I play these games to free roam, get immersed in the world and interact with it and hopefully an interesting map. As long as it's a true living breathing world, I'm good (also don't play online).

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 07-29-2022, 05:22 PM   #44
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

My biggest worry about this title was when I read the little blurb towards the end in regard their approach to the humor and political incorrectness. They seemed to want to cut way down in what makes GTA special in my opinion and that’s the little moments you get when you play and a random “WTF was that” “WTH did they just say” moments
Old 07-29-2022, 09:31 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
My biggest worry about this title was when I read the little blurb towards the end in regard their approach to the humor and political incorrectness. They seemed to want to cut way down in what makes GTA special in my opinion and that’s the little moments you get when you play and a random “WTF was that” “WTH did they just say” moments
It would be like shows like South Park going the "safer" route, which wouldn't feel like the same show. I get improving culture and reducing crunch, but changing the approach to the game is where you'll lose hardcore fans. I don't want it be to like those old GTA competitors that make it because they were afraid to go there.

Also, when I hear adding more locations and missions, that sounds like milking GTA 6 for 6-10 years. It's one thing to keep milking that money train. But, at least put out other games. I'm not even asking about new IP. They're sitting on quality dormant IP that would do well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2022, 09:50 PM   #46
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I am okay with Rockstar having continued GTA:O support and only making GTA V and RDR 2 in the past decade. I am not okay with them having promised SP content for GTA V and not delivering, or addressing items only in MP and not bringing them at all into SP despite being good overall QOL improvements for the game.

It also brings me genuine concern regarding their focus toward SP/MP in the future, including GTA VI.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 07-31-2022 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2022, 06:32 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I am okay with Rockstar having continued GTA:O support and only making GTA V and RDR 2 in the past decade. I am not okay with them having promised SP content for GTA V and not delivering, or addressing items only in MP and not bringing them at all into SP despite being good overall QOL improvements for the game.

It also brings me genuine concern regarding their focus toward SP/MP in the future, including GTA VI.
I thought the purpose of "Expanded" and Enhanced was to add additional SP content like it was promised in 2020. There could've been plenty of different avenues they could have taken when it came to a San Andreas Stories. I had no problem paying for Ballard of Gay Tony or Lost and Damned. Just added a couple more hours of SP content would've sufficed.

I do worry about the SP content going forward. I don't have an issue with the possible Live Service approach. But, I hope it isn't at the expense of a shorter more modern SP campaign experience. I don't need a super long story. But at least want to see the standard 8-12 hour GTA experience with a lot of side missions and stuff to do.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:36 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
7. I don't know how I feel about progressive narrative changes and "fewer jokes that punch down". I feel like GTA's over-the-top satirical take on virtually everything in life was a part of what made it feel so special. Nothing and nobody was off-limits and everyone got their turn in the satirical wheelhouse. I'm not even one of those guys who walks around yelling, "You can't do anything without offending someone these days, I'll tell ya what" but I did always sort of look toward GTA to offer the sort of approach that wouldn't shy away from anything whatsoever, and it was refreshing, to be honest.
Exactly, that's what has me worried. If they take out or soften what made GTA special, count me out. I'm still enjoying playing the old games on my PS2 & PS3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »