Home

Grand Theft Auto VI

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto VI within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-10-2022, 11:22 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Grand Theft Auto VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
EDIT: As far as locations go, I wouldn't say no to a D.C./Baltimore/Philadelphia type environment. The alternative would be to take those other maps people are making and add a San Fierro and Las Venturas with the Los Santos they do have (and reconfiguring some things there as they see fit). Hell, throw in Liberty City and Vice City while you're at it!

And then yes, echoing others, make the map more useful. Give reason to walk around as important as driving around. When I played RDR 2, I felt like every inch of the map had potential for something to happen there, even if it was collecting something. It was incredible. Would love to see more interiors and better city sprawl, and make use of every end of the map. GTA V had very little reason to leave the city sometimes, it seemed.
Great all-around post but I wanted to focus on these two paragraphs in particular.

First, I'm hopeful that whatever urban environment they select that it's complemented by the wild, preferably with significant elevation. I feel as though Rockstar's rural technology is too rad to not utilize the next time around. This is why my mind drifts either toward an area that features an impressive back yard (Rockies, Appalachians, etc.) or the possibility of multiple locations traversable by flight.

And yes to everything about making the map more useful. I swear sometimes it felt like every corner of RDR2 had a story to be revealed and a story to be told. I wouldn't even need stories, per se. Just more function. I did like how GTAV brought back a lot of the activities removed or missing from GTAIV while adding many newer activities. But I guess I'm saying I want to go even deeper.

For one, since they've nailed the natural experience in RDR2, I'd have fun with a backpacking/hiking/camping option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2022, 04:51 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

It’s gonna be 1980s Florida with way more interiors + two protags one male one female … from what I heard.
Old 02-12-2022, 06:35 PM   #27
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
It’s gonna be 1980s Florida with way more interiors + two protags one male one female … from what I heard.
I don't take any rumors seriously until confirmed by R*. But anyway, I'm good with anywhere outside of California. NY, Florida, Texas, Colorado...whatever... I trust R* that it will be decent size, varied and hopefully as living-breathing as GTA IV.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 02-13-2022, 01:06 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Vice City is pretty likely given how Rockstar had their research team their a few years ago. They did the same things in NYC and LA before IV and V released.

I think Vice City and surrounding areas are pretty safe bets. I'd guess it'll be modern era, though, but we'll hopefully find out some things soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 02-13-2022, 11:42 AM   #29
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Vice City is pretty likely given how Rockstar had their research team their a few years ago. They did the same things in NYC and LA before IV and V released.

I think Vice City and surrounding areas are pretty safe bets. I'd guess it'll be modern era, though, but we'll hopefully find out some things soon.

It would definitely be tough to pass up an opportunity to somehow turn the VI into "VICE" in some way.

But again, if it's an actual numerical sequel, even with Vice City it'll likely be modern day. That's not necessarily a problem, just an expectation for all to probably have.

If they do Vice City, you're likely to also expand to Key West and maybe something involving the Caribbean. I haven't heard any of the new rumors though so I'm curious to see what others are speculating.

It's kind of funny though because it wasn't until a year or two ago that I learned the actual layout of Miami, not knowing that like Miami's skyline isn't on the Atlantic Coast but instead on Biscayne Bay. It got me to understand Vice City's map a little bit more as a result. If we return, that perspective will help me appreciate what they're going for significantly.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-13-2022, 12:54 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0

Boooooo modern day boooooo!
Old 02-13-2022, 01:01 PM   #31
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
Boooooo modern day boooooo!
Well it's possible that this isn't GTA VI. If that is the case, you can probably look forward to an 80s Vice City again.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2022, 03:17 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

The popularity of Online makes me feel each new GTA will be modern day. Going to the past limits what they can do Online and we all know Online is the star of the show now.

I guess it is possible the offline experience takes place in the past while Online takes place in the modern era, but I feel that's an unrealistic expectation to have. Rockstar is capable of building different iterations of the map and having different era vehicles, but I don't even see them believing it would be worth it.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »