Home

Grand Theft Auto VI

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto VI within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-13-2022, 03:43 PM   #33
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Grand Theft Auto VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The popularity of Online makes me feel each new GTA will be modern day. Going to the past limits what they can do Online and we all know Online is the star of the show now.
That's what I thought with RDR, and for all intents and purposes maybe that is exactly true. What is RDR online like? What kinds of microtransactions are there? Is RDR:O big with the 12-17 age crowd, and going to last them a decade as well?

But yes, if they're thinking long term like that, they definitely would have had that in mind during pre-planning. I figured if we had non-numeric titular titles, they would've appeared much sooner and been a part of a same console generation.

It's time for GTA VI, so it's also likely modern day as a result. Still could be Vice City though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-13-2022, 06:34 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
That's what I thought with RDR, and for all intents and purposes maybe that is exactly true. What is RDR online like? What kinds of microtransactions are there? Is RDR:O big with the 12-17 age crowd, and going to last them a decade as well?

But yes, if they're thinking long term like that, they definitely would have had that in mind during pre-planning. I figured if we had non-numeric titular titles, they would've appeared much sooner and been a part of a same console generation.

It's time for GTA VI, so it's also likely modern day as a result. Still could be Vice City though.
Rockstar has completely ignored Red Dead Online. It gets an update here and there, but it is as clear as day that GTA Online is their baby.

― Plato
Old 02-13-2022, 08:59 PM   #35
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

I kind of feel like GTA Online will be its own thing from now on. Like, GTA 6 could very well be set in Modern Vice City/Florida and of course it would have GTA Online in that city. I feel like GTA Online will then update to that map and be available for purchase by itself for 20-30 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2022, 12:01 PM   #36
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Some GTA news for y’all:

https://www.ign.com/articles/gta-6-f...y-bonnie-clyde
Old 07-27-2022, 12:51 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I'm glad they are moving away from crunch culture, but don't hide behind that to excuse the game taking 10+ years to come out.

Also, not a fan of GTA trying to be more politically correct, but we will have to see what that actually means when we finally see the game.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 07-27-2022, 09:26 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
I'm glad they are moving away from crunch culture, but don't hide behind that to excuse the game taking 10+ years to come out.

Also, not a fan of GTA trying to be more politically correct, but we will have to see what that actually means when we finally see the game.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Most of this information was given last year.

Still wish they would have done a more thorough job with GTA Trilogy. Or went through with a GTA IV and/or RDR1 remaster and do a next gen version of RDR2. Some reports say it is because of poor reception of Trilogy and to go all in on GTA VI. I like the all hands on deck approach towards GTA VI. But that game is a minimum of 2 years away, and likely will get delayed. Rockstar has enough resources to have done a different project. Since 2013, it's been 2 remasters of GTA(+GTAO), RDR2(+RDO), and a mid GTA Trilogy. I just wish there were more from Rockstar, since we're a minimum of 2 years away from GTA VI.

I do wonder about the scale of the game. When they say they'll add more locations and missions over time, I wonder do they mean DLC or Online. My main concern is they do a repeat of GTA V and milk GTA 6 for as long as possible
Old 07-27-2022, 09:43 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

When I read they plan to add more content post-launch, I automatically assume any singleplayer content will not ever come along. Maybe it does this time around, but I have zero faith in that happening. Online content is a different story.

― Plato
Old 07-27-2022, 09:59 PM   #40
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
When I read they plan to add more content post-launch, I automatically assume any singleplayer content will not ever come along. Maybe it does this time around, but I have zero faith in that happening. Online content is a different story.
I misread the first time and thought they just meant that as the story evolves you unlock more places, like the old GTA games. It sounds more here though like they will update the game with more places as they keep building/adding them.

I'm hoping for the former, and I of course will never object to the latter for any game in ever (assuming it's for SP as well and that it was never planned for the original release).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »