Home

Grand Theft Auto VI

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto VI within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-04-2022, 10:39 PM   #9
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Grand Theft Auto VI

I'm super excited. I just hope the game is set in the past and not modern day. We've had enough of it in GTA V and modern at the time GTA IV. It's time to go back to the past. If it's Vice City it wouldn't feel right if it wasn't in the 80s.

I just want this game to release soon. I hate waiting 9-10 years for a game.

Last edited by zello144; 02-04-2022 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-05-2022, 04:00 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Seeing as Rockstar confirmed today that the next installment in the GTA series is "well underway" in development it seems this thread may be worthy.

We don't have much as far as official info. With GTA V they revealed the game in a similar, boring way with a blog post, then followed it up with a trailer later on.

This time around we don't even get a logp, just a small mention in a blog post. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a trailer sometime later on this year with a release date for fall 2023, then the traditional Rockstar delay to 2024, but who knows.

It's been nearly a full decade since V released. It's been 4 years since Red Dead Redemption 2 released. One would like assume GTA VI has been in development since RDR2 released at least, but we don't officially know.

I'll be surprised if we don't see this game release within the next two calendar years. I'd be a bit shocked if it didn't come out until 2025 or later.

I'd love to be surprised and see the game come out next year, but I won't hold my breath with Rockstar.

I do worry that with Dan Houser out of the picture the game may suffer. Plus the quality of additions to GTA Online has not been as stellar as we used to expect out of Rockstar, but I believe part of that is Online became much more popular than they ever anticipated and the foundation they're working on really limits what they want to achieve.

I do feel Rockstar has put themselves in a tough spot waiting so long to release the game. By the time it releases it will have been 10+ years since the previous release. It will only be natural for the game to not live up to the type of hype that builds over 10 years.

I expect the game to have a huge focus on Online again, this time with a better foundation for them to flesh things out with. I do worry the single player experience will suffer. GTA V was already a very weak game from a single player standpoint relative to other releases in the series. I hope VI doesn't have a similar fate and is much more ambitious and in depth like San Andreas was in its time.

I expect them to stay in the modern era, but I'd kill to see a game set anywhere between the 70s and 90s.

I'm anxious to see what is announced next, but given Rockstar's track record it will likely be months before we hear anything else about this release. At least we finally have official confirmation, though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I'm sure GTA will be the best game of all time
Old 02-05-2022, 07:29 AM   #11
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I'd like to see more of the Midwest. The vibe of the North Yankton parts of GTA 5 were cool, I thought. Maybe have North Yankton be the outskirts of Chicago or something. I want to see Rockstar take on the Midwest. Wasnt Carcer City mentioned in GTA5 and the setting of Manhunt? In addition, I'd like to be able to travel to a larger Vice City (you could easily satirize modern Miami) and some Orlando and Tampa inspired areas. The whole state of Florida is made for GTA. Otherwise just give me more GTA. Single protagonist or multiple like GTA 5 is good, Rockstar has nailed every one in my opinion so I have no worries there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2022, 02:19 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I'm super excited. I just hope the game is set in the past and not modern day. We've had enough of it in GTA V and modern at the time GTA IV. It's time to go back to the past. If it's Vice City it wouldn't feel right if it wasn't in the 80s.

I just want this game to release soon. I hate waiting 9-10 years for a game.
You know, I've been thinking about this a lot lately as I play through GTA Vice City again. The 80's vibe is so fun in that game that I can't help but think how insanely well done it'd be with 20 years of technological advancement and experience form Rockstar's side.

That said, I feel like going back in time for a flagship game that will end up taking close to 10 years or more to produce & release is probably a bit too risky. When you're cranking out a new GTA every year or two, yeah, I imagine they felt they could take a chance. But with this big of a gap I feel like it's destined to take place in the present.
Old 02-06-2022, 10:29 AM   #13
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Any word if it's next gen only?
My guess is that we may see a trailer later this year, with a release next year. With GTA online (which I never had interest in) being a golden goose, they could take their time and work on VI for as long as they wanted to. I am not worried about the quality at all, even as a single player only.

Didn't R* have a patent about realistic NPC behavior a little while ago? I'm pretty sure I've read something about it.

Edit: now that I think about it, if the GTA IV remaster rumors were true, and with the recent trilogy issues, maybe R* is planning on releasing it as a free extra with VI or maybe for just a few bucks if you buy VI.
It's amazing how one phrase can set the gaming world on fire.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

Last edited by youvalss; 02-06-2022 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-06-2022, 06:54 PM   #14
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I expect at the very earliest a trailer with absolutely nothing worth anything in it around Christmas.. and maybe, MAYBE a late 2024 release.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 02-06-2022, 11:52 PM   #15
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Found the article I was thinking about:
https://www.ign.com/articles/rocksta...vigation-gta-6

Curious to see it in action...one day...

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2022, 09:32 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

I used to think, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, that Rockstar couldn't do, or to be honest, shouldn't do another 80's game because there was nothing left to be done after VC. VC ends with
Spoiler
so to me the next logical step would for playing out
Spoiler
(no!) or playing as
Spoiler
(no!). Plus there wasn't any space for an additional storyline since VC takes place in 80's, SA in the 90's and III in the early 2000's. What, were you going to shoehorn a complete game between the end of VC but before SA?

But that was before it became clear that IV was set on a different timeline than III-VC-SA. So a new take on the 80's scene with 2022 gaming design capabilities could be...wow. I say go for it, lets go back to the 70's & 80's!

*And don't make fun of me for not spoiling a 20 year old game, I wouldn't want to spoil Se7en to a person who had never seen it before :P

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »