Home

Dallas Cowboys War Room

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys War Room within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-04-2004, 12:37 PM   #33
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Cowboys War Room II

I think Garner ends up in Dallas or Detroit.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:34 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12

I think Wistrom at this point would be my number one target. Two main needs on D - D-Line and CB. Bringing in a player like Wistrom who can defend the run just as well as the pass (imo one of the best all around DE's in the NFL) will help not only the DL but also the CB's immensely. Personally I would rather have Wistrom than Kearse due to his play against the run.
Also, a corner's best friend is a good pass rush. Even if we can't land Winfield or someone like that, adding a guy like Wistrom will make our secondary look so much better. So at this point I would put Wistrom miles ahead of any other free agent in terms of need, but I'm afraid there are a lot of teams with that mentality.

I would also like to see Charlie Garner. I think he's the most underrated RB in the league and would be instant offense for Dallas. I'd also like to see Garcia but I think that's unlikely. Even though he will be a huge upgrade over Quinterception Carter, he will be expensive, and I'm not sure Parcells really wants to put all his chips on the table this season. I think Parcells was shooting mainly for season 3 as Dallas' run, but last year may have changed his mind.. never know..
Old 03-04-2004, 05:40 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

I see a lot of you saying you want Charlie Garner. Thomas Jones just signed with the Bears. If that doesn't clear the way for Garner to reunite with John Gruden, what does? Oh, beside the fact that they are lacking the cap room. Kinda answered my own question. However, if he wants to be a Buc he'll get it done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2004, 06:11 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

Cowboys said to not be interested in Jeff Garcia.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:21 PM   #37
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

I've sat out of this to this point because, to be frank, I have NO idea what Dallas is wanting to do at this point.

And I love it.

I'm so glad the Cowboys are staying out of this melee to this point. I'm not terribly geeked over Keyshawn, although I think he would add a little bit.

I want a QB for the next 10 years, not some patchwork guy. Same for RB. I'd rather draft someone of "our own", than just scurry for a name that we know and squeeze three years out of him.

But the No. 1 point is: Trust Bill. Whatever he says do, they need to do. Period.

I'm more interested in signing a couple of o-lineman and a d-lineman, then have another good draft.

Remember, the Cowboys are still probably a year away from being a serious contender. I'd rather draft the majority of a Super Bowl contender than try to duct tape one together.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:26 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

Quote:

I've sat out of this to this point because, to be frank, I have NO idea what Dallas is wanting to do at this point.

It's boring as hell around here. Like I said, if there was any doubt as to who was buying the groceries, that question as been answered with the lack of movement around here. Jerry 3 years ago would have signed Kearse and traded a #1 for TO.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:37 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 10

Yea, no more calling Deion from his private jet telling him he needs him.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:51 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

It's boring as hell around here. Like I said, if there was any doubt as to who was buying the groceries, that question as been answered with the lack of movement around here. Jerry 3 years ago would have signed Kearse and traded a #1 for TO.

Personally I don't think either strategy is any good. Dan Snydering it won't get you anywhere (at least it hasn't recently), and neither will sitting on your thumbs. If Parcells sits on his tookus with players like Wistrom hanging in the balance, that's a mistake.. Hopefully he knows something no one else does at any rate..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »