Home

Anyone played any NFL 2K game before 2K4?

This is a discussion on Anyone played any NFL 2K game before 2K4? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-17-2022, 11:13 AM   #1
Rookie

JULIANCROSSTITAN's Arena

OVR: 0

A lot of people have played either 2K4 or 2K5. But what about the 2K games before? Have you ever played NFL 2K, 2K1, 2K2, and/or 2K3 before?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2022, 01:08 PM   #2
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Yep…i played 2k2 & 2k3…i think my first time was on my brothers Dreamcast…completely different than Madden…really enjoyed those 2k3-5 years….in my opinion, 2k4 was the best except for the running back glitch (couldnt bring them down…guys would break tackles all the time)…..the commentary was the best in 2k4…..i noticed more repetitive commentary in 2k5….one glitch in 2k5 that always bothered me was the turf error for Bills Stadium…2k4 had it perfect but 2k5 was glitched

But loved 2k5 no doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2022, 01:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Vazione's Arena

Re: Anyone played any NFL 2K game before 2K4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
Yep…i played 2k2 & 2k3…i think my first time was on my brothers Dreamcast…completely different than Madden…really enjoyed those 2k3-5 years….in my opinion, 2k4 was the best except for the running back glitch (couldnt bring them down…guys would break tackles all the time)…..the commentary was the best in 2k4…..i noticed more repetitive commentary in 2k5….one glitch in 2k5 that always bothered me was the turf error for Bills Stadium…2k4 had it perfect but 2k5 was glitched

But loved 2k5 no doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree on Bills stadium. That is thankfully fixed in the upcoming NFL 2K23 mod
Old 05-17-2022, 02:13 PM   #4
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I’ve never even played a full season of 2k5. My wife bought me a copy of 2k5 when it released and I tried it until I bought madden 05 a couple weeks later and forgot about it. It wasn’t until I bought a ps3 and madden 08, then madden 09 that I really started to look elsewhere for football games. Played APF 2k8 first for quite awhile and enjoyed it. By the time I went back to give 2k5 another shot the rosters were too dated for me to really get into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-17-2022, 02:32 PM   #5
Rookie

JULIANCROSSTITAN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I’ve never even played a full season of 2k5. My wife bought me a copy of 2k5 when it released and I tried it until I bought madden 05 a couple weeks later and forgot about it. It wasn’t until I bought a ps3 and madden 08, then madden 09 that I really started to look elsewhere for football games. Played APF 2k8 first for quite awhile and enjoyed it. By the time I went back to give 2k5 another shot the rosters were too dated for me to really get into it.

This site has the most up-to-date rosters that you can download for 2K5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2022, 02:52 PM   #6
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIANCROSSTITAN
This site has the most up-to-date rosters that you can download for 2K5.

I tried a few rosters. One of them had every lineman for every team rated exactly the same. Others had similar flaws that bothered me too much. Eventually it got to where I didn’t want to be bothered to hook up my old systems just for a football game anyways.

These days I’ve moved on to more current games I enjoy. NBA2k or the Show for sports. More often games like Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima, etc.

Old 05-17-2022, 03:13 PM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIANCROSSTITAN
A lot of people have played either 2K4 or 2K5. But what about the 2K games before? Have you ever played NFL 2K, 2K1, 2K2, and/or 2K3 before?
I've played every one of them. I had the Dreamcast so it started there with the first one. It was a beautiful game for it's time and it was totally different from Gameday and Madden. It took some getting used to and being honest...I was 100% EA in those days. So, while I liked them as an alternative, Madden was my go to.
Old 05-17-2022, 04:53 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Can't even tell you how much 2k I played. It led to me getting each one each year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »