Home

5 Overrated Aspects of NFL 2k5

This is a discussion on 5 Overrated Aspects of NFL 2k5 within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-20-2022, 01:59 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 5 Overrated Aspects of NFL 2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
That doesn't prove it is broken. That just proves that you don't like how one player seemingly always progressed to their potential in game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It wasn’t just Fitzgerald, there were multiple players who would progress into the 90s regardless of their status on the depth chart...fixed progression is a fatal flaw to have in any sports game’s franchise mode as it takes away control from the user to be able to progress the players via performance incentives or development drills, neither of which were in 2k5

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2022, 02:04 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSL97
It wasn’t just Fitzgerald, there were multiple players who would progress into the 90s regardless of their status on the depth chart...fixed progression is a fatal flaw to have in any sports game’s franchise mode as it takes away control from the user to be able to progress the players via performance incentives or development drills, neither of which were in 2k5

Again, this is an opinion. I disagree with your opinion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 04-20-2022, 02:06 PM   #43
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
people are entitled to any opinion they want, but my point is quite a few people still view 2k5 as competition to madden and legitimately compare the two games year-in and year-out...I made this thread to challenge the notion that 2k5 was as great as people say it was and I would even dare say madden 05 was the better overall game
I was Madden all the way in 2004. Madden 2005 remains one of my favorite games of the series. I've probably played a grand total of 12 hours of 2k5.

But, people still mod and play it. People still mod and play M2005 for that matter. Thats a slap to EAs mouth, as I see it. 18 year-old games? C'mon.

Madden can't even stamp Tecmo Bowl out. Over 30 years old! Prehistoric, 16-bit. Joe Montana was still winning Super Bowls when that was released.

I think the moral of all this is, football gaming should be light years ahead of where we are today.

If people want to/have to go back to 2k to get their football fix, more power to them.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 04-20-2022 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:17 PM   #44
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
people are entitled to any opinion they want, but my point is quite a few people still view 2k5 as competition to madden and legitimately compare the two games year-in and year-out...I made this thread to challenge the notion that 2k5 was as great as people say it was and I would even dare say madden 05 was the better overall game

It ain't about competition man. So, question...would it be competition for someone to say they like or have more fun with Madden 08 on PC versus Madden 22? Would Madden be competing against itself? There is nothing wrong with someone saying a certain game is better to them than Madden 22 if that's what they feel. Since you bring music up, I'm not into hip-hop anymore, but if I were I would most definitely choose hip-hop music that came out in the late 80's-early 2000's over what's out in 2022. That would be my taste, my choice and that's okay. Same thing with the MJ and Lebron comparisons. Same with video games. The beautiful thing is we get to pick and choose what WE as individuals think is best for us.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:53 PM   #45
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

And I think you are overlooking another aspect here;

Madden 22 can't give me the football game I want.

I'm not interested in every team making the Playoffs
I don't want every team to get 8 possessions in overtime, beacuse, fairness..
I'll skip 6 WR formations, running unstoppable quick slant patterns
88 pass attempts per game, beacuse, who runs it anymore
(yes, I'm completely exaggerating here)

I'm most interested in retro seasons. I am essentially past the point where ANY new football game can give me what I want to experience.

If Head Coach 09 got a graphic mod, I would play that until the end of time. That is the best football game EA has ever made, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2022, 01:07 PM   #46
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

This thread is funny. I have been playing 2k5 again, after a 10 year hiatus.
Thanks to LostSoul and the resurrected team.

I actually enjoyed Madden 20 on PC. But it was only playable to me
with Mods. Even still it got stale real fast.

Sure 2k had issues, but man throwing a pass to your TE over the
middle where you lead him, is ****ing priceless..lol

Lead Passing is still better in 2k5. This dude has it right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycNh3oNKTRk

I play it everyday, testing rosters, having a lot of fun tweaking it.
Old 04-25-2022, 05:49 PM   #47
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I am sick and tired of everyone saying that Mattel Electronics football was the greatest game ever. It makes me so mad. The announcing was the worst. Stat tracking non existent. You couldn't even run backwards. But that doesn't stop people from praising it on the internet. Grr, it really grinds my gears. I am going to straighten these folks out with some tough love internet posts.

Old 04-27-2022, 05:30 PM   #48
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

You know one thing that wasn't "overrated" in NFL 2K5? The zone run blocking scheme was ahead of it's time.

I haven't really touched a Madden NFL in - depth in years, so I can't say if they've ever implemented to the degree that 2K did.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »