Home

5 Overrated Aspects of NFL 2k5

This is a discussion on 5 Overrated Aspects of NFL 2k5 within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-20-2022, 11:34 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: 5 Overrated Aspects of NFL 2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSL97
lmao some of you guys are so childish, I mean HOW DARE I challenge the notion that 2k5 is the greatest football game of all time, right? Its kinda like when a rapper dies and everyone calls them “the greatest of all time”, but 2k5 is the rapper in this situation lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I think the notion is 2k5 was great for it's time. I don't think anyone's saying that it's better than today's Madden. Makes little sense comparing games damn near 20 years apart. I'm sure there are people that think it would be way ahead if it were still being made which I think is fair to say.
Old 04-20-2022, 12:36 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Full disclosure: The only reason I even played NFL 2K5 was because as a kid the number of new games I could get every year was limited. I blew the budget on NCAA and was able to scrape up $20 for NFL 2K5.

It turned out to be a great decision and good times were had. I wasn't thinking critically about it like some others seemed to be. It really wasn't that deep for me as a kid.. games were either fun or not fun. I did spend a lot of time running and playing in LeagueDaddy dot com leagues though.

I played the game a few months ago with the few visual mods out now and it holds up surprisingly well at 60 FPS. I've went back and played some other games from that era and somehow 2K holds up the best of the sports games.

I say this with zero hyperbole that I think the running game is more fun in 2K than Madden 22 is right now. My one big complaint with the movement is the QB drop back/scramble/roll out animations. I can't tell you the last time a stiff arm actually worked for me in Madden 22. If I can't lower my head then there's no real shot of breaking the tackle. I sort of miss when the running game was more arcade like. I'm probably one of the few people that misses the way games used to be before the right stick became important. When NCAA 06 came out I still used NCAA 05 controls for a long time.

Last edited by AUChase; 04-20-2022 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-20-2022, 01:42 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
I think the notion is 2k5 was great for it's time. I don't think anyone's saying that it's better than today's Madden. Makes little sense comparing games damn near 20 years apart. I'm sure there are people that think it would be way ahead if it were still being made which I think is fair to say.

Umm...yeah, check the comments section on youtube, A LOT of people think 2k5 is better than madden 22

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2022, 01:46 PM   #36
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Umm...yeah, check the comments section on youtube, A LOT of people think 2k5 is better than madden 22
Are people not entitled to that opinion?
Old 04-20-2022, 01:47 PM   #37
Rookie

5 Overrated Aspects of NFL 2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Except 2k5 isn't dead. it's very much alive just like other classic games. Guys are revamping the game much like NCAA 14 has been revamped and now NCAA 06 is being revamped. People still play those games on the reg. I just don't understand the purpose of "challenging" 2k5 on the 2k5 forum in order to boost up Madden, when you've already expressed how you felt about it on the Madden forum. Again, I don't think this would happen or even be allowed on the Madden forum. If someone came along and "challenged" Madden in this manner in order to boost NFL 2k5, I believe the mods would probably come along and shut it down quickly. That's just my opinion.

2k5 was the last game in the 2k series therefore its been dead since EA signed the exclusive license, you can mod it all you want but its still 2k5 at the end of the day...2k5 mods are essentially Biggie and Tupac remixes, you could change the colors of uniforms to match modern-day jerseys just like you could mix some Tupac acapellas with trap beats, but to put it bluntly you aren’t getting any new Tupac verses anytime soon....

Old 04-20-2022, 01:50 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Are people not entitled to that opinion?

people are entitled to any opinion they want, but my point is quite a few people still view 2k5 as competition to madden and legitimately compare the two games year-in and year-out...I made this thread to challenge the notion that 2k5 was as great as people say it was and I would even dare say madden 05 was the better overall game

Old 04-20-2022, 01:54 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
you’re forgetting madden is a video game and performance-based progression was and always will be the best way to simulate what happens in real life because of the limitation of video games themselves, which are dealing with artificial intelligence and not living breathing human beings...your not taking into account that there will never be a such thing as virtual PEDs and virtual steroids ie Laron Landry/David Boston to account for why certain players had monster seasons and then fell way off the radar just a few years later...your not taking into account guys having 3 great years, then they sign a huge contract and they get lazy and never perform at that level again...madden’s NEVER gonna truly duplicate what you see in real life because of the limitations of AI and the nfl itself not wanting certain things depicted in their game as they love to hide behind their pretentious “clean” public image

This is your opinion and I disagree with it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 04-20-2022, 01:55 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I literally proved to you already that the progression system was broken by giving you the example with Larry Fitzgerald always becoming 90+ overall...progression isn’t supposed to be FIXED in franchise mode yet it clearly was in 2k...Gameprep itself is heavily tied in to in-season progression and that’s broken as well hence progression for the most part is simply broken in 2k5...

That doesn't prove it is broken. That just proves that you don't like how one player seemingly always progressed to their potential in game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »