Home

Your favirite NBA Live this generation

This is a discussion on Your favirite NBA Live this generation within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-13-2020, 08:24 AM   #49
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Your favirite NBA Live this generation

My rosters are based off of the June 2018 official rosters, I did not move any players, I play the 2018 season. I don't mind playing old seasons, it can be fun.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 10-14-2020, 12:59 AM   #50
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Alright, finally uploaded my first PlayStation video to YouTube! This is a short video with interesting Live 18 plays, not much of a highlight reel, but plays that I found interesting. Mostly plays by the CPU or my AI-controlled teammate. Speed may be slower at times as this was recorded in Replay mode and I tend to slow it down a bit to be able to notice every detail. Hopefully this link works.

https://youtu.be/8K3aiiqi01E

0:05 - That's the only play by a player I was controlling. Stanley Johnson with a little double clutch layup.
0:15 - great ball movement by the CPU-controlled Sacramento Kings.
0:44 - great interior defense by the CPU. The block at the end looked great.
1:02 - AI-controlled Griffin with a nice block. Nothing exaggerated, just a realistic block.
1:12 - This one is interesting. I was trying to get to the basket and collided with the help D. We've all seen this animation. But it's the first time I'm seeing the CPU block the ball on the same play. It was pretty rare.
1:25 - CPU-controlled Crawford with his signature dribble and a nice midrange Jumper.
1:37 - AI-controlled Drummond causing Whiteside to lose the ball while he was trying to spin to the basket, and look at Whiteside slipping and falling down. First time I see it.

ZX Spectrum
Old 10-14-2020, 04:34 PM   #51
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

I've recorded a bunch of short plays by my guys but mostly CPU and AI controlled teammates from my game vs the Grizzlies last night. I will try to upload and you will see some of the best transition offense ever by the CPU, as well as lots of other goodies.

ZX Spectrum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2020, 04:45 PM   #52
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Alright, finally uploaded my first PlayStation video to YouTube! This is a short video with interesting Live 18 plays, not much of a highlight reel, but plays that I found interesting. Mostly plays by the CPU or my AI-controlled teammate. Speed may be slower at times as this was recorded in Replay mode and I tend to slow it down a bit to be able to notice every detail. Hopefully this link works.

https://youtu.be/8K3aiiqi01E

0:05 - That's the only play by a player I was controlling. Stanley Johnson with a little double clutch layup.
0:15 - great ball movement by the CPU-controlled Sacramento Kings.
0:44 - great interior defense by the CPU. The block at the end looked great.
1:02 - AI-controlled Griffin with a nice block. Nothing exaggerated, just a realistic block.
1:12 - This one is interesting. I was trying to get to the basket and collided with the help D. We've all seen this animation. But it's the first time I'm seeing the CPU block the ball on the same play. It was pretty rare.
1:25 - CPU-controlled Crawford with his signature dribble and a nice midrange Jumper.
1:37 - AI-controlled Drummond causing Whiteside to lose the ball while he was trying to spin to the basket, and look at Whiteside slipping and falling down. First time I see it.
The CPU ball movement in the second clip was nice!
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 10-14-2020, 05:37 PM   #53
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
The CPU ball movement in the second clip was nice!
Yes. When you bump up court vision for all players, you start seeing nice possessions. In my roster file, no players has CV under 70. The top stars and PGs have it in the 80s and 90s. And I see great ball movement from the CPU a lot!

I recorded the CPU Grizzlies last night, and they got guys running in transition on the wings getting to their spot at the corners, shooting 3s or midrange before by defense was able to react. It was beautiful and happened several times.

ZX Spectrum
Old 10-14-2020, 09:27 PM   #54
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

By the way, when I play Live 18, the only time I call a play is if I have someone like Kennard on the court. I would call a quick come-off-screen play for him 2 or 3 times at most. Other than that, in 48 minutes I call no plays at all. No need to. The off ball movement is superb with my edits. 80% of the time I can create a good look if I'm patient and move the ball around. I have never had so much fun in any other game moving the ball around until I find a good shot. The CPU does the same more often than not. The spacing in this game is fantastic! And it's just like JVG keep saying: "Read the defense, they will tell you what to do".

I will try to record some raw gameplay at some point to show you what I am talking about.

ZX Spectrum
Old 10-14-2020, 11:22 PM   #55
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Uploading a new video now. I will post it in the Highlights thread.

ZX Spectrum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2020, 08:50 PM   #56
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Went back and re-edited the Wizards in Live 18, then played a 12 min qtr game vs them, like I do with every team. I actually recorded some raw gameplay and some interesting plays, maybe I will upload it.

At the start I was playing solid, moving the ball around, making 3s and midrange, leading by 10 at the end of the 1st. Then in the second they started a comeback and improved their defense. As the game went on, suddenly I no longer able to find the open man so easily because they started playing the passing lanes, and stole the ball several times. And Wall started to show his greatness, crossovers and stepbacks, 3s, midrange, layups and dunks, assists, he was everywhere. Beal started to make 3s and get to the basket and my defense was having a hard time dealing with this duo. Also Morris was tough to stop inside and the other guys contributed as well.

The Wizards completely turned the game around and I was playing catch-up. But it was too much to deal with and they got the W.

Anyway, the CPU usually takes between 11-20 midrange shots a game. I even had a game where they shot 22 midrange J's. This game is balanced and realistic, and it's really meant for 12 min quarters.

ZX Spectrum

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »