Home

Your favirite NBA Live this generation

This is a discussion on Your favirite NBA Live this generation within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-07-2020, 10:27 AM   #41
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Your favirite NBA Live this generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
With the next gen vibe today, I went back and checked Live 18's Photographic thread and it blew my mind. That was PS4.5 quality. It's almost next gen lighting, textures, colors, player models (except for those guys with the extra wide shoulders), sweat, tattoos. Best looking basketball game ever up to 2020.
I don't know what it was about 18, but I still think its the best looking basketball game this current gen. Something happened with nba live 19...i just never got the same feel. I just got nba 2k21 for ps4, and its a great looking game in motion because of animations, but when looking at it compared to live, I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me or what, but I think they just nailed the look and feel of an nba bball game with nba live 18. I should mention i am talking strictly from a broadcast view perspective.

Last edited by K_rob11; 10-07-2020 at 11:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2020, 11:57 PM   #42
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Agreed. I don't like 19 as much as I like 18. I keep coming back to this game almost every night.

I only recently started taking advantage of the right stick shooting. And while I think it's not as responsive as in the other game, I discovered that when I use it, I see animations I've never seen before. Both when attacking the basket and from the low post. It adds some more variety to the game.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 10-08-2020, 06:42 AM   #43
Rookie

HoustonHarden's Arena

OVR: 0

They need to go ahead and announce the cancelation so people can move on.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:11 AM   #44
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
I don't know what it was about 18, but I still think its the best looking basketball game this current gen. Something happened with nba live 19...i just never got the same feel. I just got nba 2k21 for ps4, and its a great looking game in motion because of animations, but when looking at it compared to live, I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me or what, but I think they just nailed the look and feel of an nba bball game with nba live 18. I should mention i am talking strictly from a broadcast view perspective.
They nailed the lighting and colors (paint on the floor, uniforms) in 18. I thought 19 looked good, too, but there was a difference in the lighting. 2K has felt washed out and darker to me almost this entire generation.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 10-08-2020, 01:23 PM   #45
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHarden
They need to go ahead and announce the cancelation so people can move on.
I don't think they want to bring this up, so they just keep low profile. It's pretty obvious at this point anyway.

ZX Spectrum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2020, 04:47 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

I only played Live 19 this gen, there were some things that I liked and disliked, I hated the shot meter because of it shooting Fadeaways in the post as a big man was almost impossible online in a Live Run, but I liked the perimeter defense more as it felt much more rewarding than in 2k20 because 2k20s been plagued with a blow by animation.

Just playing an overplay defense and beating your guy to a spot was so satisfying, I remember shutting down a guy in a Live Run just by playing an overplay defense.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:06 AM   #47
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OK guys, so I've finally downloaded ShareFactory and put together a few plays from my recent games in Live 18. I will upload to YouTube when I get the chance and post it here or in a more appropriate thread. At some point I'd like to post some unedited gameplay, but we'll see if this is do-able.

Last night I did my final edits on the Sacramento Kings then played a home game with my Pistons and had a blast. Tonight I played a road game vs the Kings to further test my edits and really liked it. So much that I played 2 games in a row. And keep in mind that I always play 12 min quarters.

Every game was different, each game felt unique. Live 18 is truly a great game.

ZX Spectrum
Old 10-13-2020, 07:01 AM   #48
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

I really wish Live 18 had roster sharing. I don't think i have the time or patience to edit the rosters myself. Thinking about re-purchasing Live 18 or Live 19 for the ps4...just haven't decided yet. Leaning towards Live 18 bc I think it's a little better gameplay wise against the CPU and plus I think it has slightly better graphics. Live 19 has more updated rosters (less editing would be involved) and more animations is a plus....but I do remember the gameplay against the CPU frustrating me to the point where I wasn't having as much fun.
Looking forward to your vids!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »