Home

Your favirite NBA Live this generation

This is a discussion on Your favirite NBA Live this generation within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-21-2020, 03:39 PM   #17
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Your favirite NBA Live this generation

Downloading 18 now some one point me to some good sliders

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-22-2020, 11:36 PM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0

Thank you very much friend, your post has served me
Old 07-02-2020, 08:55 PM   #19
IBA
Rookie

IBA's Arena

OVR: 0

NBA Live 18 for sure has all of my attention, NBA Live 19 is a game that looks good in comparison to all the other games imo (Especially with the Brightness and Contrasts editing). But NBA Live 19's AI is dreadful when simming or trying to play them, dribbling is only ever free and loose online, otherwise the cpu will just D you up like Tony Allen no matter what player is guarding you (But online it's too loose and on-ball defending is near impossible).

And not to mention that even with slider tweaking (Believe me, I tried) most games will be a drag to get through, I've seen alot of plays where a player like Steph Curry or Damian Lillard would pass up an open 3 to drive to the lane for an contested layup (Which happens much less in Live 18). And those things take a large toll on the game that makes it hard to enjoy

I didn't even get into the inside scoring part of things which is the epitome of scripted gameplay (Which all Live games have to an extent) But Dear God 19 takes it to another level, as long as the player who's defending the rack is 6'11 or taller they get automatic blocks or forced misses no matter how good, tall, or athletic the player finishing is or how bad and unathletic the player defending is, I've been driving to the rack with LeBron at full speed and been blocked by the likes of John Henson (\He's not a terrible defender, but LeBron isn't getting swatted by Henson). Even if you have a good angle to finish they shift both players into 1 of of the 4 block animations (Which they need more of) and on the other hand: Bigs can't finish to save their lives most of the time, I've seen 7 footers miss because they were being guarded by a 6 foot PG RIGHT UNDER THE BASKET, It's frustrating to see them just throw it up because a little guy is guarding them.

Some good things I would like to say about Live 19 is: Graphics as I said earlier were great and imo the best on the generation, the MyCareer innovation was nice, and adding more details and animations to the game even though the additions were minimal.

NBA Live 18 is superior in almost all aspects though, the gameplay while still having it's gripes and flaws provides more realism and entertainment, I've simmed tons of CPUvsCPU games and played a ton of USERvCPU games and I've noticed the difference. Live 18 AI is much more keen on mismatches and also spacing (You'll see Steph pull it from deep if you give him more than 2 feet to work with), The Big finishing problem is still a bit present but not as big as a problem as it is in 19, Blow-bys actually work from time to time, and most of all: The Slider Tweaking can actually make the game more than it's original worth by far unlike Live 19 that has problems that can't really be fixed but compensated for. JPB The Creator, ThaLiveKing, and a few more have made my experience enlightening and fun, part of the reason I still play 18 to this day.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:00 PM   #20
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Assuming your Live 18 has been updated to the final patch, you may need to edit your sliders, but the key is editing rosters. NEVER play with EA's default rosters, it's garbage. Even without the ability to edit tendencies, I got the CPU to play like real NBA team vs. me. Ton of off-ball and ball movement, smart passing, setting screens, midrange....you name it.

If you want to get the most out of this game (and it's all there), you would need to spend some time with editing. But you will be rewarded.
What edits specifically are you making to players?
Old 07-06-2020, 06:42 PM   #21
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
What edits specifically are you making to players?
I took a break from editing, to go back playing my favorite open world game - WD2, so it's been a while.

As far as player edits, I remember editing the court IQ attribute (forgot what it's called) for all players. No one gets a value lower than 70. The smartest players and greatest stars get the highest values.
Also, contested shot - high values for stars and scorers, very low values for Average Joe's. Same goes for drawing fouls - especially lower it for most PGs since this games stil has the legacy issue of dominant PGs.

Also strength, higher values for big men and stronger stars like LBJ. Higher rebounding values for big men and stars who get lots of boards. But I avoid 90's rebounding because there are too many putbacks and O rebounds.

Basically it's all basic logic. I don't believe every attribute/slider works as intended, but for the most part it all works well.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2020, 10:52 PM   #22
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Several weeks ago I was playing Live 18 with my Pistons vs. the Suns and I was up 2 points. With a few seconds left, CPU-controlled Booker was dribbling behind the 3pt line, trying to creat a shot for himself. A couple of seconds left to shoot, I double team him with his man and I think Drummond, I'm thinking "That's it, Pistons going to win it". Then Booker takes a couple of dribbles and shoots a crazy fadeaway over both players...nothing but net!

I was shocked, it was so awesome, the replay looked very realistic. I have the video saved on my PS4, for some reason I accidently recorded half of the 4th quarter without even noticing. Maybe I will find a way to upload it at some point.

I guess the hours I spent on my edits paid off.

ZX Spectrum

Last edited by youvalss; 07-14-2020 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-28-2020, 02:33 PM   #23
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Played Live 18 again last night. I've set the offensive and defensive on-ground colliosion sliders to 0 - and love it. You can still prevent the cpu from driving (as does the cpu) with proper positioning, but it eliminates (or at least reduces a lot) the stickiness between the player with the ball and the defender. Fastbreaks look better to me.

Game plays really well.

ZX Spectrum
Old 08-02-2020, 02:08 AM   #24
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Edited the Trail Blazers tonight and played a home game with my Pistons against them. What a game! Blazers led most of the game but in the 3rd I improvred my D, got on a run and took the lead. Then they went on a run and the game was close. I got on a run in the beginning of the 4th, and was up by 12. They run again and get it down to about 6, but my D was good again and I won 121-109.

Kept the Blazers at 39%, I shot at 45%. Dame was huge! 44 points at 50%, 5 rbs, 6 assts. Shot about 15 FTs at high %. He scored from every spot - 3s, midrange, layups, dunk...even a sick up and under layup, finishing with his back to the front of the basket over/under Drummond.
McCollum started well but my D shut him down later on, he finished with 13 pts at 3/16. Nurkic wasn't a factor and the rest of them contributed mostly single figures.
Reggie Jackson was my hero with 33 pts and 6 assts, also a couple of steals and great shooting %. Griffin finished with 30 and about 13 rbs, Drummond with 15 and 16 rbs, 1 block.

I had to fight hard, but improving my D in the second half paid off big tim. It was a great and realistic game.

ZX Spectrum

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »