Home

NBA 2K25 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K25 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-06-2023, 12:58 PM   #17
Rookie

CzarOfFootball's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K25 Wishlist

Un retired numbers for me; i'm getting sick and tired of bringing back players from back in the day and can't honor their OG # jersey. Having Barkley in the game and can't use 34 or BJ Armstrong not wearing 10 seems off to me. Its weird, Michael Jordan, Magic, and other greats #'s were retired but I can use them anyway but other numbers is shut down. Ridiculous.
Old 12-06-2023, 02:20 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarOfFootball
Un retired numbers for me; i'm getting sick and tired of bringing back players from back in the day and can't honor their OG # jersey. Having Barkley in the game and can't use 34 or BJ Armstrong not wearing 10 seems off to me. Its weird, Michael Jordan, Magic, and other greats #'s were retired but I can use them anyway but other numbers is shut down. Ridiculous.
In the Modern Era?
Old 12-16-2023, 12:58 PM   #19
Rookie

For the next upcoming release of NBA 2K25, I would like for the developers to incorporate an option to utilize PlayNow Online mode with the WNBA League.
Old 12-17-2023, 05:04 PM   #20
Rookie

CzarOfFootball's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
In the Modern Era?
Yes, in the modern era. I own 2k23 and it is frustrating for me to see this. I'm considering importing all nba teams to see if I keep those jersey numbers.

If you have any options you can share where to prevent losing retired numbers?
Old 12-17-2023, 08:25 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
Part 2:

*Ability to update All Star Court aka when selecting city in offseason, you can also make a custom floor for the occasion as well. That way we can line up the courts with the uniforms each year

*Add in the awards category: "NBA Slam Dunk Champ, 3 Point shootout winner, NBA ASW MVP"

*Era specific trophies, the MVP should not look as it does in 2024 in 1984.

*NBA All Star MVP trophies in the older eras

*All NBA ASW uniforms included
To build off this, I'd love to see 2K's All-Star Weekend become something worth looking forward to. A true gaming event rather than something half-baked and forgettable.

1. Custom/Retro All-Star Courts: The addition of retro all-star jerseys has been amazing so it feels greedy to ask for custom all-star courts too but... retro all-star jerseys go together with retro all-star courts like peanut butter and jelly.

2. Era-Specific 3-Point Shootout Rules & Sponsors: Currently, all eras have modern 3-point rules and sponsor appearances. It'd be cool to see the Mountain Dew bonus racks removed for all eras aside from Modern. It'd also be cool to have the option to play through with classic rules (three rounds, split screen for first round if chosen).

3. Increased Smoothness in the Controls of the 3-Point Shootout: I could be wrong but I feel like it should probably be possible to roll out a smoother running shootout, both from the standpoint of controls and appearance.

4. Era-Specific Dunk Contest Rules: Six to eight contestants, multiple rounds. If we wanted to get really nuanced, then the introduction of tenths of a point in the early '90s and a range of 30 to 50 points beginning in the late '90s.

5. Editable 3-Point and Dunk Rosters

6. Signature Dunk Contest Dunks for Dunk Contest Legends: If Michael Jordan is selected for a dunk contest in 2K, allow users to tap into Jordan's signature bevy of dunk contest dunks—his free throw line dunk, his side windmill, his one-handed pump reverse, etc. Harold Miner would have his signature reverse, Rider his Eastbay, Carter his 360 & honey dip. So on and so forth. Imagine the draw to playing the dunk contest knowing you had a chance to recreate history.

7. Minimal Amount of Pomp & Circumstance to All-Star Weekend: Nothing insane, but maybe some custom commentary, cut scenes (or real time footage) of players holding authentic 3-point and dunk trophies. Maybe a scene of the All-Star MVP trophy being awarded (I noticed today that no ASW trophy is awarded at all, not even in text form).

8. Replays and Photo Mode accessible during 3-point and dunk contests: So much of the dunk contest is about artistry and showmanship. It'd be a lot of fun to properly capture Harold Miner mid reverse dunk or Jordan taking off from the free throw line.

9. Actual dunk contest judges.

10. Dunk contest functionality revamp: Some of the control basics make some sense these days. But locking people into a closed view half court bubble and making people's dunk success an unforgiving, fast-metered crap shoot isn't super fulfilling as it stands.

11. Access to All-Star Weekend outside of Eras/MyNBA: If someone were to rehabilitate 2K's All-Star Weekend, it'd make sense to make it accessible to everyone, both with opportunities to practice your performances and to play against friends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2023, 12:28 AM   #22
MVP

zello144's Arena

1. Reebok store has to return to MyCareer or put a Reebok section at Dick's Sporting goods along with all the other chinese shoe brands like Anta or Li Ning.

2. Be able to buy a no logo generic bucket hat at Swags.

3. Return the Miami Heat Floridian Jerseys

4. Myplayer Templates for every player on the Roster even classic teams.
Old 12-25-2023, 06:14 PM   #23
Rookie

Sometimes you'll see LeBron go into a hard sprint from one end to the other, like where you can tell he is absolutely 100% running as fast as he possibly can, which I think is a gear most guys don't go into consistently (as in their absolute fastest running speed-- most guys probably go at 90% of that at most).

I think there should be a badge for this, maybe initiated by double-tapping sprint and with the consequence of using two or maybe all three adrenaline boost bars.
Old 12-25-2023, 08:19 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Maybe a scene of the All-Star MVP trophy being awarded (I noticed today that no ASW trophy is awarded at all, not even in text form).
I don't think there's an MVP either?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »