Home

NBA 2K25 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K25 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-21-2024, 01:55 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K25 Wishlist

I'm up for the Little Thingsification of MyEras mode. 2K has done an amazing job just by even daring to think something like Eras could be done. But I'd also love to see a crew dive into the finer details of Eras to really kick the mode up to another level. Some ideas:

1. NBA Finals/Playoff on-court decals for Eras playoff games:

Powering through a season is a lot of fun and it seems like it should be building up toward something once you hit the postseason. However, in Eras at the moment, the playoffs just feel like another regular season game aside from an occasional "playoffs" dorna board that often isn't era-accurate.

The on-court graphic for most of the '90s looked like this:

2. NBA Playoffs and NBA Finals overlay graphics: Something as simple as having an "NBA Finals" denotation during the game's opening introduction would be helpful.

3. A mid-90s/early 2000s basket stanchion option: Right now, we have the '80s option then the next option is one that has an LED "State Farm" board attached to it. Kind of immersion breaking. It'd be nice to have a mid-90s stanchion with no LED attached.

Like so:

4. Customizable/downloadable All-Star Courts: The addition of just about every era's authentic all-star jerseys this year was amazing. The next step: allowing us to provide the proper court art for each of those games. It's great to have those '95 Phoenix all-star jerseys but it's not quite the same without the wacky court to go along with it.

5. Introduce the ability to choose our arena style when customizing arenas: Currently, it seems there's a high likelihood that Eras teams have the Madison Square Garden roof by default. The problem is, that roof is so distinct that it can't possibly be mistaken for any other arena. So whenever I see a low-angle shot of Isiah Thomas in a game at The Palace, it's a bit immersion-breaking to see what is clearly Madison Square Garden in the background.

6. Create-a-Coach/Edit Coach Option: I understand the limits of adding authentic coaches (it's rad that the likes of Phil Jackson, Don Nelson, and even Kevin Loughery made the cut) but it'd be nice to allow users to fill in the blanks. There's really no generic coach out there that looks close enough to Chuck Daly to stand in as Chuck Daly.

7. Straighten out the years of introduction for jersey/logo design changes: As it stands, there's some incongruency. For one, the United Center court currently takes hold in the 1992-93 season instead of 1994-95. There's a litany of other examples (perhaps this would make for a good standalone thread).

8. More drawn out cut scenes and/or celebrations: In Eras, winning the conference title gets us five seconds of celebration animations followed by a generic recap and five second cut scene of a play holding the WCF trophy.

9. Further refining era-specific rules: For instance, being fouled on a 3-point shot only resulted in two free throw attempts until the mid-90s. And the charge circle should not be present on most '90s courts (the Hornets' floor has a charge circle in 2K24 in 1993).

10. Go all in on the All-Star Weekend experience to make it something gamers can work toward and enjoy: I covered this in-depth on page 2.

Will likely add more as it comes.

Last edited by VDusen04; 01-21-2024 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-04-2024, 10:31 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorMG
I don't think adding an entirely new physics engine is as straightforward as you think it is.
******** src="moz-extension://cea915c9-7fb4-4c5f-aeeb-ba7e127a8370/js/app.js" type="text/javascript">
Cheers to more of stuff like this that I've been seeing since at least 2k11 then:
https://youtu.be/Jn1L9ykIzPQ?feature=shared

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2024, 10:32 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

And these:
https://youtu.be/HrH9z6fZtps?feature=shared https://youtu.be/XN22G1uPhYA?feature=shared https://youtu.be/IsnOEnP-tNc?feature=shared

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2024, 11:05 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think an Offensive Motor and Defensive Motor rating would be nice. I think the purpose of Hustle is to encapsulate how much of a motor some guys have, but just having it as a defensive rating doesn't do justice to Curry, Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, etc., who have high motors on offense. It would also separate them from guys like James Harden who simply spot up without the ball and don't have much off-ball ability.
Old 02-05-2024, 06:43 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

For the most part, my wishlist is for 2k to fix what is broken and improve on what is already here. Sorry to some of you but seeing a new era or the ability to start any year is the last thing I want to see right now.

Must haves
Fix injuries
"Fix" the myGM skill tree or remove it as the rpg elements of myNBA are pretty much useless now
Fix or improve coach settings.
An extension of above but it is so important it deserves its own entry, for the love of MJ add the ability to tell our bigman their first responsibility is to protect the rim and their matchup is second.
Improve coaches. E.g. if I start in the Kobe era I'd love for Spo to enter the coaching ranks when he historically did.
And add more options to customize coaches. Be cool if we could say they favor this freelance and the like.
The AI needs a leap forward
Better presentation. MyERA has the same presentation problems it did in year 1. No new eras until what we already have is improved, thats my mandate lol

Actual Wishlist
Rework the morale and player drives system. As it currently stands, morale only impacts user teams and it seems very barebones. It needs to be a thing for AI teams and needs a rework so that it can lead to real life like scenarios of superstars requesting a trade. Two guys that have the alpha badge on one team? Nah, one of them should eventually become disgruntled

More trade options. Sign and trade, more slots, allow manual selection of pick swaps, and for crying out loud remove the injury obstacle.

Some kind of QoL feature that in conjunction with morale could add life to our save. Something like historical events/storylines that develop in our save. Like MJ's retirement and return, LeBron's Decision, Ja's IG adventures. Okay maybe not Ja's exact real life saga or the Malice at the Palace, but something that can abstract suspensions while not highlighting things the league doesn't want highlighted lol
Old 02-05-2024, 10:23 PM   #54
Pro

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Be cool if we could say they favor this freelance and the like.
Did they take this away for MyNBA? This has been doable on old-gen (i.e., MyLEAGUE) for years.
Old 02-05-2024, 10:56 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
Did they take this away for MyNBA? This has been doable on old-gen (i.e., MyLEAGUE) for years.
There's an option for "system" with choices like triangle, perimeter centric, 7 seconds, etc.
And as far as I know that influences rotations and may influence freelance to some extent. Some of the options like triangle likely act as choosing freelance because there is only one freelance associated with the system.

But as far as explicitly saying "this coach likes to run Philly elbow" no, no such option exists
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2024, 11:30 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
I have another request.

-Background music licenses... look at the NBA Draft and the songs they use... if you going to license the NBA on NBC song, license the song that TNT used for the NBA Draft for the Jordan Era and Kobe Era. Not only that, make an intro for the NBA Draft in MyNBA

-Cutscenes

Now I know alot of people may not like cutscenes in franchises, but add some for like retirements and Hall Of Fame speeches. Add a little flavor to these events ala NBA Live 2004
During the offseason they can replace the static images on the right of the offseason "list" with those kinds of videos. That would be nice

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »