Home

NBA 2K25 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K25 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-15-2023, 10:54 PM   #9
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA 2K25 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
An option to disable green releases would be great. With it enabled, perfectly timed "green" shots go in at 100 %. With it disabled, there is no green release and even if you time it perfectly, it will be treated as slightly early/late.

They would need to change the shooting system so that you no longer need to green shots in order to make them. Right now, on Superstar, non-green releases rarely go in and on HOF it's literally green or miss.
Old 11-16-2023, 01:42 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
MyNBA player here. Here is my asks:

- Updated Courts -

*Phoenix Suns 1992-00 America West Arena
*Detroit Pistons 1995-01 Pistons Teal Arena
*Atlanta Hawks 1995-99 Omni Arena
*Philly Sixers 1994-97 Spectrum Arena
*Philly Sixers later floor in 2010

-Updated Uniforms-
*Atlanta Hawks 1990 Hawks Jersey
*Program all the uniforms that were added to MyNBA for their proper timing in Historical Changes

*Finals Jersey decals on uniforms in Jordan Era
*Older Playoffs/Final logos in Older Eras and on courts
*Draft and stash option back
*Shirts and hat finals celebration back, different celebration packages

This is part 1 lol
Part 2:

*Ability to update All Star Court aka when selecting city in offseason, you can also make a custom floor for the occasion as well. That way we can line up the courts with the uniforms each year

*Era specific shoes for drafted players. Even for created players, no player needs to be wearing KD 4s in 1988. With each era, you have shoes to correspond, and the more years you go past, the more shoes are unlocked.
For example, in the historical changes, you can make it so after the 1984-85 season, Jordans are available for selection, but only the first 7.

*Add in the awards category: "NBA Slam Dunk Champ, 3 Point shootout winner, NBA ASW MVP"

*Era specific trophies, the MVP should not look as it does in 2024 in 1984.

*NBA All Star MVP trophies in the older eras

*All NBA ASW uniforms included

*All NBA theme songs licensed, good on you for the NBA on NBC theme one, but for other years as well
Old 11-16-2023, 01:44 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

Before anything they need to fix the dribbling! Other than shooting, dribbling is the most important aspect in basketball & its broken in 2K.

The ball doesn't even completely hit the floor a lot of times. Either that or the ball is getting stuck in the players hand on certain dribbles, getting stuck in mid-air not even competing the dribble animation before the next dribble is taken, etc. I've seen players flat out carry the ball across the court without even fully completing a dribble animation smh.

This has been an issue in the game for years but it's really bad in 24. They either have to fix this issue or completely overhaul the dribbling. For as good and deep as this game is, these dribbling issues ruin all immersion! Fix this 2K!

https://youtu.be/gL2l2SjCBgE?si=EjNx8GFsMl0cZKnH

https://youtu.be/-CKE9C-tvGg?si=bxVnGtjDijzcksFB

https://youtu.be/Eyu1y_XstEE?si=WE5KNUZGvN2zcx0Y

https://youtu.be/VrPbf-4HNFg?si=9AaGij5qUBYyn416

The game also needs a real-time physics engine. Player physics need to be able to augment any canned animation to eliminate the clipping issues.

https://youtu.be/RtrV--RndgI?si=UJUxcrgcEV6uO9qX

https://youtu.be/fR-R3mCy7p0?si=Fy_zRQLkzX1z8_T8

https://youtu.be/hINgky25T4s?si=G54nJkkJU-v1a26k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2023, 03:46 PM   #12
Pro

Scvllp's Arena

MyNBA Eras-

ABA/70’s Era- let’s go further back and time and play before the NBA/ABA merger. Let’s relive the merger and maybe even let different teams be apart of the merger!

Pick the year you want to start! Let us decide what year we want to start our MyNBA Era! The rosters don’t have to be 100% accurate. We have enough tools where we can do it ourselves.

The ability to start our MyNBA Era with less teams. The least we can start with in 83 is 24. Give us the ability to drop it down to 6 teams and then we can reshape the league how we want.

Shoes- more shoes from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s!

All-Star courts- we have the jerseys so now we need the courts.

Create a AllStar Jersey- the ability to use Jersey creator to make all star jerseys for seasons past the current year.
Old 11-16-2023, 04:18 PM   #13
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
An option to disable green releases would be great. With it enabled, perfectly timed "green" shots go in at 100 %. With it disabled, there is no green release and even if you time it perfectly, it will be treated as slightly early/late.
More options to get the series back to how it used to be (2K14 and prior) in terms of "skill" balance would be great. I understand so many players embrace the idea of removing randomness, but in my opinion (and I think others, even if they may not realize it) randomness always has been a core part of why sports can be so enjoyable. Knowing that an elite player can shoot 2/10 is a feature, not a bug. There is just as much skill in knowing how to take smart shots and run plays, compared to someone dribbling around back and forth and timing things perfectly.

All the focus on greens has resulted in unrealistically low success rate on even lightly contested jumpers, low 3pt attempts overall, and a severe lack of help defense. I'll say again and again that it's hard to replicate real NBA defense when shots go in at far higher rates than real life. We have a smother hounding bulldog Ausar Thompson style defense for ALL defenders in 2K24 because of how (overly) potent the open shot is.

I'm not asking for the direction of the series to go in the opposite direction because it's obvious that will never happen. But continuing and expanding on giving users the ability to further change how the game operates is good. Make sure the sliders do what they should do. Add more sliders. Add more options. This series might sport "NBA" on the cover, but the last several years its become clear where the direction and style has been headed. You can tune into any real game going on and see watch defenders react, cave to the paint to protect drives, and simple drive and kick/blow-bys and notice 2K does not at all replicate basic motions and flows of real offenses -- at least not on a regular basis (and it's very possible, it just depends if players actually wanted that in their hyper competitive video game)
Old 11-17-2023, 04:28 AM   #14
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
They would need to change the shooting system so that you no longer need to green shots in order to make them. Right now, on Superstar, non-green releases rarely go in and on HOF it's literally green or miss.
They do not need to do anything. We have sliders at our disposal. Tweak sliders to increase slightly early/late makes and we are fine. Just give us the option to disable the perfect = 100 % thing!
Old 11-17-2023, 04:30 AM   #15
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
More options to get the series back to how it used to be (2K14 and prior) in terms of "skill" balance would be great. I understand so many players embrace the idea of removing randomness, but in my opinion (and I think others, even if they may not realize it) randomness always has been a core part of why sports can be so enjoyable. Knowing that an elite player can shoot 2/10 is a feature, not a bug. There is just as much skill in knowing how to take smart shots and run plays, compared to someone dribbling around back and forth and timing things perfectly.

All the focus on greens has resulted in unrealistically low success rate on even lightly contested jumpers, low 3pt attempts overall, and a severe lack of help defense. I'll say again and again that it's hard to replicate real NBA defense when shots go in at far higher rates than real life. We have a smother hounding bulldog Ausar Thompson style defense for ALL defenders in 2K24 because of how (overly) potent the open shot is.

I'm not asking for the direction of the series to go in the opposite direction because it's obvious that will never happen. But continuing and expanding on giving users the ability to further change how the game operates is good. Make sure the sliders do what they should do. Add more sliders. Add more options. This series might sport "NBA" on the cover, but the last several years its become clear where the direction and style has been headed. You can tune into any real game going on and see watch defenders react, cave to the paint to protect drives, and simple drive and kick/blow-bys and notice 2K does not at all replicate basic motions and flows of real offenses -- at least not on a regular basis (and it's very possible, it just depends if players actually wanted that in their hyper competitive video game)
exactly! i am not asking them to remove the current shooting mechanics. this will never happen. but give us options to do it if we want to. just some kind of switch which enables or disables a green release. the online "competitive" crowd will still be happy as they can play with the current mechanics, but us people who like a more realistic approach could just disable it and be happy too!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2023, 05:26 PM   #16
Just started!

It would be so cool if we could play our my career player in any era. How cool would it be to team up with Jordan and Pippen and run it for a 7th or 8th ring and rewrite history?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »