Home

NBA 2K25 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K25 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-22-2024, 01:09 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K25 Wishlist

-Make fastbreaks not impossible against cpu.
-Keep HOF at the level of difficulty it is now and do not ever make it the way it was midseason.
-Rework the break starter badge against the cpu or add a rating for fast break anticipation.
- get rid of the shot meter
- less two player animations (it’ll be nice to get rid of all of them)
Old 04-22-2024, 04:21 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree, g league filled with randoms in play now should be removed. Its just taking up memory tbh it should work like how it was in pre 2k12 2ks.

Also, the main menu should be toned down because i feel like with all the moving parts its also taking up memory. Im on ps5 and my game moves slow when browsing the menu.

And yeah, morw cutscenes. Dont know why they removed so many of them

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-22-2024, 05:06 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfanatic1
Everybody touched on gameplay, courts and CAP so I will talk mynba everything is good but could be better. The draft needs revamping, all star weekend needs revamping, free agency could be better gleague players overfilling the free agency market with ratings being close to the role players asking for astronomical money averaging a whole 5ppg and 5rpg. At this point I don’t think gleague is needed. Make winning the championship more lively and important because a 10 second cutscene is not enough especially when a random gleague player celebrating like a kid who didn’t contribute to the group project but gets an A+ too. Also them sleep doctors, strength doctors, stamina doctors is a waste to me as well. Media tweets are a waste of time it’s nice but useless. Also when you advance ten years or later it needs to feel immersive like new stars need to be talked about like the next lebron, next kd. Big trade rumors of stars wanting out Example Trae young, Donovan Mitchell. Everybody might not like cutscenes but if done correctly like press conferences, draft, free agency, all star weekend it would be cool. If we can have an open world riding go karts, robots and jetpacks in my player then this should be easily done for mynba players
I love the idea of cutscenes.. maybe they make it to something like a moving image. Like instead of the "tweets", they use IG and show pictures like a slideshow. Could be dope, or they could take a page out of NBA Live 2004 on how they did their cutscenes
Old 04-22-2024, 07:25 PM   #100
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

1. Make the classic eras teams available to play as stand alones. I'm no game developer, but what's stopping them from making all these teams available to use in PNO, scrimmage, etc? Surely it can't be a hardware limitation issue, this isn't the PS1 days or N64.

2. Team talent has too much priority over team chemistry in gameplay. The Suns, Clippers, & Bucks would've all won 70 games this year if real life played by 2ks rules. But there's got to be some way to balance great teams vs great individuals.

3. Great defenders shouldn't be great every play & bad defenders shouldn't be bad every play. If I have Kawhi or Pippen out of position, I shouldn't get bailed with stone wall body up animations to stop the ball handler. If I have Nash & Curry in great position, the ball handler shouldn't get rewarded with an auto green blow by animation everytime.

Last edited by Cowboyfan_19; 04-22-2024 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-26-2024, 03:24 AM   #101
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by plp2874
As someone who does a lot of editing to my roster and controls everyone, I'd love to see some stuff to do with tendencies. Like idk why deep 3s isn't a tendency but it absolutely should be, guys like dame should regularly pull from we'll behind the arc, it'd make the gsmeplay so much more fun and realistic. Also stuff like have a tendency for crashing the glass maybe? Like pat bev or Josh giddey as PG's are routinely attacking the offensive glass, I know it's an attribute but I think having stuff like that would help tons with sim stats. One more I'd love is heat check tendency but that's probably not gonna happen hahaha

Sent from my SM-S908E using Operation Sports mobile app
Game definitely needs more tendencies to differentiate players. All the badges added (even tho post ~2k20 these are clearly for the MyPlayer side of the game and not with the primary focus of emulating the NBA) are cool but at certain point the AI still relatively plays the same

One area where this stands out is in PnR. Every ball screen is generally approached the same. Granted there is some variation due to pull 3pt and mid range tendencies

But there need to PnR specific tendencies. A few i have in mind are:

Use screen vs. reject screen

Split ball screen (this should be broken into categories so the kyrie irvings stand out):

Spilt vs hard hedge
Split vs soft hedge
Snake vs drop

Pull up vs ball screen (again broken up to replicate steph vs demar derozan)

Drop coverage deep 3 pull up (steph/dame)
Drop coverage regular 3 pull up
Drop coverage mid range pull up
Drop coverage use floater/runner (ja/fox)
Attack space vs drop (giannis/westbook taking advantage of the extra space to use as a run way)

Snake ball screen into pull up 3
Snake ball screen into mid range]

Last edited by Baebae32; 04-26-2024 at 03:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2024, 08:38 AM   #102
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
Game definitely needs more tendencies to differentiate players. All the badges added (even tho post ~2k20 these are clearly for the MyPlayer side of the game and not with the primary focus of emulating the NBA) are cool but at certain point the AI still relatively plays the same

One area where this stands out is in PnR. Every ball screen is generally approached the same. Granted there is some variation due to pull 3pt and mid range tendencies

But there need to PnR specific tendencies. A few i have in mind are:

Use screen vs. reject screen

Split ball screen (this should be broken into categories so the kyrie irvings stand out):

Spilt vs hard hedge
Split vs soft hedge
Snake vs drop

Pull up vs ball screen (again broken up to replicate steph vs demar derozan)

Drop coverage deep 3 pull up (steph/dame)
Drop coverage regular 3 pull up
Drop coverage mid range pull up
Drop coverage use floater/runner (ja/fox)
Attack space vs drop (giannis/westbook taking advantage of the extra space to use as a run way)

Snake ball screen into pull up 3
Snake ball screen into mid range]
Absoluuuuuuuutely. Every nba player approaches screens differently, the CPU needs way more variety. Also with the badges yeh some are cool but like you said they become redundant playing vs the CPU

Old 04-26-2024, 08:48 AM   #103
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

A Next Gen PC version

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 04-26-2024, 12:04 PM   #104
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by plp2874
Absoluuuuuuuutely. Every nba player approaches screens differently, the CPU needs way more variety. Also with the badges yeh some are cool but like you said they become redundant playing vs the CPU

Still have the same general tendencies to govern ai gameplay that debuted almost a decade ago (dribble moves, pull up jumpshot, etc)

The playstyle in the NBA is nothing like it was 10 years ago. Its time for 2k to take that leap

At least build out a robust new tendency system then use presets for to save themselves time. But this would give the community to really dig deep and differentiate guys

New badges and ratings will not do the trick imo

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »