Home

How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-25-2023, 10:45 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

CHARLES OAKLEY BECOMES THE #1 PICK, BULLS GO FOR BILL WALTON
JULY 1985

The Chicago Bulls won the 1985 NBA Draft and picked first. They selected…..Charles Oakley from Virgina Union?

“He has shown up well for the USA Select team in the FIBA Championships. He knows how to contribute, he will do well for us” said Jerry Krause after the selection was done. Many have said that the Bulls must have something up their sleeve if they passed on Georgetowns Patrick Ewing. “Our focus is to surround Michael Jordan with great players. We need to have good team players around him and we believe Charles Oakley can be that enforcer.”

Michael Jordan, irritated at the Bulls front office at them passing Patrick Ewing, spoke to a few reporters at the 1985 World Basketball Championships. “Patrick Ewing is the future of the NBA. He can dominate, have you seen him in 1982? We could have been a duo, but the great thing is that the guy they drafted also is on the USA Select team so we will see. I think Charles contributed very well with McHale and Ainge on the team”. Michael Jordan is in Europe for a Nike promo tour with Italian teams, recently playing with Trieste for an exhibition game

The New York Knicks drafted Patrick Ewing, as he was a bit injured during the Championships. “I didn’t play to nmy potential, I think I learned that in some of these games, I have to take a seat back and try not to force things.” Teams like Real Madrid took advantage of the USA tactic to go inside and played more of a fast tempo game. Tomas Torres was HOT from the outside, using the game to announce his decision to one day play in the NBA. “I know I can compete in this league with these guys, got some good reviews in.” Torres finished with 26 points and six assists, leading the team in points.

Bill Walton, looking for a new place to call home, has been pursued HARD by the Bulls. ”Jerry Krause loves Bill Walton. He thinks he could make Jordan happier in Chicago with him in town as well.” says a Chicago Tribune columnist. The Clippers, owned by Donald Sterling, wanted to pus the envelope on how badly Chicago wanted Walton. “They wanted to get the first pick of the draft, Krause weren’t going for that. Walton is amazing, but the Bulls tried to swap other options.

Sterling then wanted Michael Jordan, so they the Bulls stopped the talks.” The Bulls then made a trade to newly moved Sacramento Kings, giving them Reggie Theus for a few 1st and second round picks. “Michael and Reggie were thought to be a duo for the Bulls, Theus at the two and Jordan at the three, but it just didn’t work out. The Bulls want to win now, Jordan wants to win now.

The Chicago Bulls are looking elsewhere for some more help in the paint. Kurt Rambis was a thought, but the Lakers price was to steep. Only time will tell!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1985032.jpg (179.2 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg image 1985037.jpg (114.0 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg image 1985034.jpg (143.2 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg image 1985035.jpg (129.1 KB, 178 views)
Old 09-25-2023, 09:26 PM   #58
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
Imagine they would be still in Seattle with that roster. Maybe this is the way: Relocating them before the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BancoPopulair
The inevitable Dame trade will ruin your Blazers franchise, you should 100% use OKC. They’re such a fun team to use and there’s a million different ways you can go about the rebuilding process.
Yeah, I'm going to go with OKC and maybe bundle a couple of their youngins for a star or semi-star player.

Waiting for the first roster update to go all in, but will mess around with it now to get a feeling of NBA 2K this year.
Old 09-25-2023, 10:08 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Its December 14th and the Wizards are now sitting at 14-8 which is good enough for second in the east, but also only one game separates us from 7th in the standings.

And we are entering what looks like the hardest stretch of the season with the following slate of games upcoming:

12/15 @ #1 Raptors (Vince dropped 55 on me to open the season)
@ Hawks (were #1 for most of the early season)
vs Memphis (will need this win lol)
@San Antonio
@Dallas
vs Detroit (been on a nice winning streak and now only a half game behind the Wiz in the standings)
vs Atlanta
@Orlando (currently one of the teams separated by a game or less sitting at 2 thru 8 in the east)
12/31 vs San Antonio

Its entirely possible I could end the month of December at .500
Old 09-26-2023, 11:17 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 3

MJ WANTS A CHANGE OF SCENERY? LEN BIAS TO GO TO REHAB
APRIL 1986

Michael Jordan wants to win, now. “We have a lot of people that do not want to win in this franchise. I don’t get it, we need to compete for the championship”. He along with Jerry Krause have not been seeing eye to eye lately. “Ever since the Bulls passed on Ewing, Jordan has been fuming at the Front Office. He feels that they are in a constant state of turmoil.” says an unnamed Bulls employee.

There are rumors saying that Jordan wants a move to Dallas, to link up with former Tar Heel, Sam Perkins. “MJ wants to reunite with his Tar Heel teammates, any way he can”. Another East executive says Jordan wants the Bulls to bring in a player like Terry Cummings for them to be able to compete.

Len Bias, a graduating standout at Maryland, will not be featured in this years draft class. He has decided to take part into a rehab facility and focus on his sobriety for a run in 1987. “Len Bias is taking his health seriously and decided to drop out of the 1986 Draft and taking that time to focus on himself.” A family spokesperson has stated, Bias intends to sign with a Euroleague team in the meantime. USA Select team has stated that they would want to support him through this time with a roster spot, that will surely drive some fans to those games against European teams.

A few High school seniors are being looked at by FIBA teams, having a few overlook college. Stephon Watkins, one of the top players in this year, was courted by top FIBA teams as well. “Europe came calling towards me pretty heavy this year.

Some spoke to my family, Dutch Sea Lions of the USL spoke to my family as well. The NBA is my overall goal, but I also need to gain an education. Watkins has just committed to Villanova yesterday morning after a tough recruitment and looks to give Dominican High school another National Championship.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 10165.jpg (98.2 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg image 1986017.jpg (183.5 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg image 1986009.jpg (148.0 KB, 164 views)
Old 09-26-2023, 03:14 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

Very good until the player stats messed up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2023, 03:55 AM   #62
Rookie

Anyone notice a few years into thr league, most teams "strengths" are all pretty much the same.
Mid range
3pt scoring
Layups

I remmeber I'm previous 2ks, most trams would have different strengths and weaknesses overall. Defensive iQ, perimeter defense, driving, etc. Differentiating the teams.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:50 PM   #63
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

I knew I wouldn't like the Lillard trade so OKC it is.
Old 09-27-2023, 08:15 PM   #64
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

29 games, all team control, playing every game. Just getting started.
Storylines to keep an eye on
1 Dame Time Milwaukee Edition
2 Warriors last stand?
3 LeBrons last stand?
4 Kings on the rise yet, or peaked as is
5 Who in the East knocks the Bucks off, if anyone...
My sliders are dialed in and 3 games in, I'm loving it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »