Home

How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-28-2023, 10:37 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

ROCKETS TELL CELTICS TO PUT AWAY TO THE BOTTLES, JORDAN DECLINES USA INVITE
JUNE 1986

The Celtics were looking to turn the Summit into a champagne filled arena for Game 6.

“Not in our house, there will be no celebrations here.” Says Akeem Olajuwon after the Game 6 win. The Rockets have tied the series in the best of 7 series, with the series heading back to Boston for Game 7. “There will be no champagne drinking today, only thing that will be on ice is their knees on the flight back”.

Game 7 will be hosted in Boston as the Celtics look to win their 16th championship and the Rockets, their 1st in franchise history.

Michael Jordan, still reeling from the first round loss, says he won’t be joining the USA Select Team. “I think I deserve a rest of relaxation, and to prepare for next year. Its time to focus on where I am at in the NBA and the Chicago Bulls. Next Year, we should be focused on a serious playoffs run.”

USA Select Team has reached out to Dominique Wilkins and George Gervin, both awaiting their summer promo schedules.

As far as draft eligible players, they also talked to Brad Daugherty and Mark Price. Magic Johnson has expressed interest in playing this summer as he has heard very good things from his Celtics rivals on playing in the summer classic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1986038.jpg (177.0 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg image 1986040.jpg (164.6 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg image 1986035.jpg (168.5 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg image 1986033.jpg (159.7 KB, 168 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2023, 08:23 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 2

31 games into my modern era Bulls season. 21-10 won 4 in a row. But I’m thinking about starting up a Spurs franchise to play with Wemby or a Jazz rebuild.
Old 09-28-2023, 08:53 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sorry to hijack this thread but I also play Modern Era MyNBA and I want to have fun like you guys. I have several questions for you guys about the mode:

1. Stats - I play lock position and me and teammates are like shooting 30% or less. Which slider do you use? Do you adjust? I dont want my games to be a shootout every night.

2. RPG Elements: Scoring, Skills, Tasks, Morale and Chemistry, Draft Story lines (Generated and historic) - which ones you play? Typically I play the Morale and Chemistry. What else do you play? What are the uniqueness of the Scoring, Skills and Tasks? Story lines Generated) what is this

Thanks so much
Old 09-28-2023, 09:41 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitTexas
Sorry to hijack this thread but I also play Modern Era MyNBA and I want to have fun like you guys. I have several questions for you guys about the mode:

1. Stats - I play lock position and me and teammates are like shooting 30% or less. Which slider do you use? Do you adjust? I dont want my games to be a shootout every night.

2. RPG Elements: Scoring, Skills, Tasks, Morale and Chemistry, Draft Story lines (Generated and historic) - which ones you play? Typically I play the Morale and Chemistry. What else do you play? What are the uniqueness of the Scoring, Skills and Tasks? Story lines Generated) what is this

Thanks so much
I don’t play player lock but I’m seeing 45-50% a game in superstar default. I turn everything on but historic story lines. I’m pretty sure storylines have a chance where someone with high potential can turn into a bust and vice versa. I leave it on for generated
Old 09-29-2023, 02:26 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 3

One thing I also want to add is using some of these "fake" storylines, it gives you back something that is lost called "imagination". A lot of the storylines or posts I do from my franchise are kind of made up scenarios that add a little flavor to history.

Im from the era where alternate jerseys were only wore on "Sundays" and we didn't have 80 year franchise options. Have fun with the game, the options are there.

There will be twists and turns come in 1987-88...
Old 09-29-2023, 06:00 AM   #70
Pro

GM 4 @ Charlotte Hornets (0-3)

The Charlotte Hornets pull off a stunning upset against Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. Despite Jordan impressive 30-point performance, it was Muggsy Bogues' double-double of 14points and 10 assist that proved to be the game-changer. Kendall Gill and Dell Curry also stepped up for the Hornets each contributing 15 points to secure the victory. Catch the Full game on our E-Fed Broadcasting Channel YouTube Page
Old 09-29-2023, 04:26 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown1-23
I don’t play player lock but I’m seeing 45-50% a game in superstar default. I turn everything on but historic story lines. I’m pretty sure storylines have a chance where someone with high potential can turn into a bust and vice versa. I leave it on for generated
I highly appreciate your input!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2023, 02:56 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BancoPopulair
I started my Thunder franchise and I’m having a blast! I’m loving the roster, they have youth and shooters galore. It’s almost impossible to give everybody the minutes they deserve.

We’re sitting in 5th place in the West with a 10-8 record which is honestly a little better than I thought we’d be. SGA and Giddey have been carrying their weight and surprising spurts from Isaiah Joe(might be my new favorite player) and Lu Dort have kept us in, and even won us a few games.

Chet is obviously an intriguing talent, but his lack of strength had been getting exposed against bigger centers. The things Vucevic did to him shouldn’t be allowed in a game that children play smh. But I’m definitely looking forward to the future with this team.

SGA- 26.4pts 5.6reb 7.3ast
Giddey- 16.4pts 8.9reb 5.2ast
Chet- 12.8pts 9.4reb 1stl 1.6blk
MVP Isaiah Joe- 10pts 46% from 3
I’m in year 2 of my Thunder franchise and we’ve really improved since our 1st round exit of last years playoffs. It’s late January and we have the best record in the West, sitting at 34-13. I play 1 game ever week and sim the rest and I swear the sim LOVES this team.Since I’ll need to start another franchise after all of the big trades that happened, I decided to have a little fun with the roster.

I traded Josh Giddey and a 2nd for Tyler Hero and a 1st. I loved Giddey but I just couldn’t shoot consistently with his jump shot.

Then I got an offer for rookie Ron Holland and Tre Mann that I couldn’t refuse and traded them to the Jazz for Lauri Markkanen and Walker Kessler. Now my rotation is:

PG: SGA(96)/Cason Wallace(77)
SG: Herro(87)/Isaiah Joe(79)
SF: Markkanen(87)/Lu Dort(81)
PF: Jalen Willams(85)/Miles Bridges(83)
C: Chet Holmgren(83)/Kessler(86)

I’ve been having a blast with this team, I see a championship in the near future!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »