Home

How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-01-2023, 06:31 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BancoPopulair
I’m in year 2 of my Thunder franchise and we’ve really improved since our 1st round exit of last years playoffs. It’s late January and we have the best record in the West, sitting at 34-13. I play 1 game ever week and sim the rest and I swear the sim LOVES this team.Since I’ll need to start another franchise after all of the big trades that happened, I decided to have a little fun with the roster.

I traded Josh Giddey and a 2nd for Tyler Hero and a 1st. I loved Giddey but I just couldn’t shoot consistently with his jump shot.

Then I got an offer for rookie Ron Holland and Tre Mann that I couldn’t refuse and traded them to the Jazz for Lauri Markkanen and Walker Kessler. Now my rotation is:

PG: SGA(96)/Cason Wallace(77)
SG: Herro(87)/Isaiah Joe(79)
SF: Markkanen(87)/Lu Dort(81)
PF: Jalen Willams(85)/Miles Bridges(83)
C: Chet Holmgren(83)/Kessler(86)

I’ve been having a blast with this team, I see a championship in the near future!!!
Thunder have the best record in my franchise in year 1. 25-9
Old 10-02-2023, 07:30 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown1-23
Thunder have the best record in my franchise in year 1. 25-9
I feel like every year there’s a random team that the Sim just loves and clearly it’s the Thunder this year😂
Old 10-02-2023, 10:05 AM   #75
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
I feel like every year there’s a random team that the Sim just loves and clearly it’s the Thunder this year😂
Pelicans as well. 2K23 loved them too though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2023, 05:11 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 3

MORE CITIES: MIAMI AND NEW ORLEANS, CELTICS TRADE FOR SIZE
JULY 1986

The NBA will be expanding to have two more franchises come in 1988, with Miami and New Orleans winning official bids to gain franchises. New Orleans beat out cities like Minneapolis, Oklahoma City and Charlotte to gain access to a new franchise.

“This is amazing for our city, and we finally are replacing our Jazz” said an overzealous fan from New Orleans. Both franchises are going through a naming ceremony currently.

During the end of the NBA Finals, the Celtics came back from being down by 14 points, to winning Game 7. “We know we need a lot of improvement within our big men. We will be better next year in the paint because Akeem was a lot for us to handle” says Larry Bird.

The Celtics and Bulls did some interior work on their teams as the Bulls got their guy in George Gervin from the Spurs. “George with us is going to make the difference, very glad that the Bulls are trying to make a difference into next year” Jordan Said. Sidney Green goes to San Antonio and so does 292k cash with picks.

Over in Boston, the Celtics traded future draft picks and George Henderson for Bill Walton. “Bill Walton knows how to win, we need veterans in this team. Rookies arent going to be successful here” said Red Auberbach.

Detroit was working on a deal to gain both Dennis Rodman and John Salley, but had to settle for one. “With John Salley being against tougher competition, we decided to go with him” Chuck Daly said. Sixers coupled Charles Barkley with Dennis Rodman, drafting him and planning on using him in the starting lineup.

USAB Team News:

Dennis Johnson of the Celtics has signed on, along with Sixers rookie Dennis Rodman.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1986069.jpg (138.1 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg image 1986053.jpg (144.3 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg image 1986055.jpg (164.0 KB, 136 views)
Old 10-02-2023, 11:03 PM   #77
Pro

Gm 5 v. Golden State Warriors (4-1)

In a thrilling clash between the Chicago Bulls and the Golden State Warriors, NBA fans were treated to an unforgettable spectacle of basketball prowess. The stage was set as the Warriors, still holding their opening night victory against the Bulls, face a formidable challenge in Chicago.

From the very first whistle, it was clear that Michael Jordan, the iconic Bulls Superstar, had a burning desire to avenge their previous defeat. With unmatched determination and finesse, Jordan showcased his skills, lighting up the court with an astonishing 49 points, a season-hi for the reigning MVP.

The Warriors, led by the talented Tim Hardaway, fought valiantly refusing to back down in the face of Jordan's offensive onslaught. Hardaway's impressive 34-point performance kept the Warriors in the game, as they battled fiercely to mount a late comeback.

However, it was Jordan's "will" that ultimately proved to be the deciding factor. in a display of sheer brilliance, the Bulls' star player erupted with 22 pints in the fourth quarter alone, ensuring his team's victory and leaving fans awestruck by his remarkable abilities.

As the final buzzer sounded the Bulls emerged triumphant, and Jordan's unforgettable performance etched itself into history.

Bulls (2-3) Win 94-90
Old 10-03-2023, 09:40 AM   #78
Rookie

I Just started my MyNBA, WITHOUT BADGES and it works perfectly

Even the Superstar setting (no adjustments) is giving me a great game. Im 0-2 with Rockets but I am liking it. The Badges makes the game unrealistic for my taste.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:21 AM   #79
MVP

OVR: 3

Back in the MyLeague, MyGM days, I loved the conversations you would have with players. Heck, even in 2K5, those interactions were dope.

Those things are the inspiration behind the Franchise stories.

KAREEM TO MIAMI IN 1988? NBA STARS TO GO TO SOUTH BEACH ?
JANUARY 1987

KAJ says he would be open to playing in the East Coast for a “goodbye tour” for 1988-89. The Lakers have already decided to retire his number, along with the Milwaukee Bucks.

“Miami is a great city and glad we are positioning ourselves to expand in the NBA. I think it would be awesome to finish my career in a nice area like Miami, if things work itself out”.

Asked about the thought of staying until Miami and New Orleans come into the league, Julius Erving gave a chuckle. ”I’m absolutely fine watching the game in Miami, but on the otherside of the arena. Instead of a towel in my hand, popcorn will suffice”

Kareem’s contract ends in 1987-88, but there are rumors that he may retire before the new clubs come into fruition. “Depends on what my body tells me. We will see.” The Miami Basketball club will be debuting along with the New Orleans club, in 1988-89 season.

NEW STARS ON THE RISE:

Chris Mullin and Dominique Wilkins seem to be locks for the All Star Game, and Dominique says that he is looking forward to the game. “I am excited to play with a lot of some of the new stars of the NBA. Want to let Magic and Larry know, I still can do my thing in these contests”.

Larry Bird, for the first time ever, may not be voted in as a starter this year. “Good, I can finally get some rest and relaxation. Come in to the game when I feel like it”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1986076.jpg (143.1 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg image 1986072.jpg (123.6 KB, 121 views)
Old 10-04-2023, 05:24 AM   #80
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

Quote:
I would vote for the Hawks. I simmed the first season now 2 times and both times Hawks won 60 games and Trae MVP. Now I started a new modern season and after 8 games they are 8-0 again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »